Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Dundalk new signings so far for 2023 (not contract extensions)

Well we all know Stephen doesn’t like to make his signings too early
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Paddy Barrett signs for Shels. Had a good season with us in 2021 but wasn’t the same player after a long layoff in 2022. Had a year left on his contract but we agreed to release him. For his own sake I hope he can get himself back to somewhere close to what he was.
    Paddy will be a very good signing for Shels if he gets back to fitness. Only 29 too, thought he might be older.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Wouldn’t have been keen on Ryan myself but not too bothered, we got similar comments when signing Graydon and he has been a star. I think Diallo was written off on here as likely to be a flash in the pan come and go type signing but oozes class so we will see with Tadhg if he gets a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Wouldn’t have been keen on Ryan myself but not too bothered, we got similar comments when signing Graydon and he has been a star. I think Diallo was written off on here as likely to be a flash in the pan come and go type signing but oozes class so we will see with Tadhg if he gets a chance.
    No offence to Ryan, but he’s had lots of chances at clubs and the only club he flourished at was Treaty. I think that might be an indication that’s his level don’t wish any bad will on the player, from what I’ve seen from his time at Waterford I didn’t feel like he was good enough for us or premier division level. He hasn’t seemed to impress or progress his development at any club since. I would say strange one from Derry but there’s a serious lack of quality keepers within the league. Good luck to him hope he lives up to the potential and hype.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Apparently, 5 Killarney Celtic players, including a goalkeeper and two strikers are joining Kerry, so certainly doesn't seem that local players will need much convincing to come on board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Phoenix Patterson joined Fleetwood Town for undisclosed fee. That's not a surprise. Hope we can hold on to Junior Quitirna now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Difference is Ryan is 25 years old and has had a few opportunities before Derry. In saying that he'll be fine as your second choice. He has a howler or 2 in him but if he's only going to see game time in a handful of games a year that's not really a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Harps signed Séamas Keogh,released by Sligo recently….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    According to the Indo Johny Kenny signing on loan for the real Rovers having looked like he was going back to Sligo at first.
    Properly underwhelmed at that news.
    Scored a few goals for Sligomin one season went to Scotland did nothing at Celtic and has scored 0 goals in ten games total, only 2 of which were as a starter.
    We'd better pray Gaffney doesnt get injured as Greene wasnt good enough last year and i doubt he is improving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Another player with a badly advised move to Celtic and moved heart over head. He needed another year at Sligo. The move to Queen's Park hasn't worked for him either. Probably would have been better going back to Sligo over Shamrock Rovers to be honest.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Scored a few goals for Sligomin one season went to Scotland did nothing at Celtic and has scored 0 goals in ten games total, only 2 of which were as a starter.
    That's for Queen's Park too, who are pushing for promotion to the SPL so you'd expect them to be a side in amongst the goals, even if he's only getting ten minutes here and there. Tis a disappointing return alright - doubly so if effectively Queen's Park are cutting ties with him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I think he's a cracking signing if you can get his confidence back up. With the option of a making it permanent it's a no brainer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    According to the Indo Johny Kenny signing on loan for the real Rovers having looked like he was going back to Sligo at first.
    Properly underwhelmed at that news.
    We'd better pray Gaffney doesnt get injured as Greene wasnt good enough last year and i doubt he is improving.
    Exact opposite for me. Potentially cracking signing, young, quick, goal scorer who has to be seen in the context of a replacement for Emakhu.

Bradley has form for turning around players with a lack of confidence or a stalled career eg Jack and Burkey or in Danny Mandriou's case an alleged attitude problem.

Rovers rarely make bad signings (hello Barry Cotter), which is down to McPhail and Bradley, and I have full faith in them re Kenny.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Grant Horton rejoins Bohs on loan from Cheltenham. He was very impressive last season before getting hurt and having his loan cut short, happy to see him back.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Exact opposite for me. Potentially cracking signing, young, quick, goal scorer who has to be seen in the context of a replacement for Emakhu.

Bradley has form for turning around players with a lack of confidence or a stalled career eg Jack and Burkey or in Danny Mandriou's case an alleged attitude problem.

Rovers rarely make bad signings (hello Barry Cotter), which is down to McPhail and Bradley, and I have full faith in them re Kenny.
    I hope you're right WAR. Kenny never did much against us even if he did score a few in the league elsewhere. In Bradley and McPhail I trust but I hope we have something else planned as we need an upgrade up front for Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Agreed but as I said he would be a like-for-like replacement for Emakhu not an upgrade as such. On loan with an option to buy as per reports makes it very low risk.

Keena would be the upgrade but can't see Sligo selling to us. Mind you they won't be getting any add-ons for Kenny now so might be tempted to cash in.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    loan with an option to buy is far better than paying for Keena. cracking potential there for shams.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Grant Horton rejoins Bohs on loan from Cheltenham. He was very impressive last season before getting hurt and having his loan cut short, happy to see him back.
    Totally agree, he was Bohs best defender until he was injured. He carried the whole defensive line in a lot of games. I hope he has the same hunger this year. Also hope the commentators on LOI tv can master his name. He was Gran Thorton, Grant Tornton and a few others.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...paign=sharebar
    It would be nice if this came off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    That is one I hope happens. Done a great job at Linfield and someone like him is exactly what we need on the footballing side.

Page 25 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast