Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Games 26th to 30th October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Handy direct flights from London to kerry with ryanair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Makes sense re Abibi. I knew that he had briefly played with some big teams, Zahibo, so I was looking forward to seeing something like that, but it never worked out. Perhaps Ali Dia wais a bit harsh after all.
    Good few of us ST holders 20+ years are convinced Abibi never played professional football at any level, I abs stand by that, Nattestand turned out to be just lazy, the two of them played at home v Vitesse Arnhem after the 2-2 away draw, we virtually played with 9 players they were useless. On players from abroad, only 2 stood out Jurkoviskis and Stanton, the rest were muck.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Handy direct flights from London to kerry with ryanair.
    Much easier for him to get there than me!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Yeah fair enough. It's definitely been a positive season for you. I had you finishing 4th behind Pat's in my own predictions for the season but that was mainly because I thought Doyle would light it up there and he hasn't really. You've looked strong against us when you have the right players fit so a few more signings and you'll be in good shape.

Who has been your POTY?
    Shepperd got the players POTY award last night before the game. Whats more impressive is 3rd was achieved without Hoban since Mid Aug, Dan Kelly since End Aug, Paul Doyle since Sept, Benson has been playing as a sub injured and can't train, Gartland on bench to make numbers as not fit, that's 5 guaranteed first team players out, maybe 4 as Gartland was never really in for a run of games. Plus June league POTM Connolly left in July.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    What will the minimum prize money figure be for Dundalk and Derry in the Conference next season?
    It should be the same starting off figure of 250k per round. I`m not sure what Derry's coefficient is, but as Dundalk qualified our coefficient will not drop now as we'll be playing, and that won't go lower than 8.5, I think Rovers were on 6.0 start of this season and got the last seeding in their grouping. Dundalk's 8.5 will be enough for 2 rounds seeded, possibly even 3 but I don't think it will stretch that far.

It means you start off v Wales / Andora / San Marino etc, and even next round bar a huge upset it will be mid ranked euro clubs, so good chance to progress.

If Derry are not seeded in round 2 if they make it, they may even get an SPL club, as noticed St Mirren currently in 4th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    What will the minimum prize money figure be for Dundalk and Derry in the Conference next season?
    €250,000 I read last night.

7. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    A very sincere congratulations to Rovers who despite my wind up attempts are of course a very good team and the best team in the country still by (an albeit reducing) distance. To balance that Euro campaign and win the league is some going. I seen mentioned that Gaffney should be POTY and I would have to wholeheartedly agree. A superb number 9 who offers a lot more than just his fair share of goals.

Sorry to see our neighbours Harps go down regardless of social media posts everyone knows Harps-Derry is not a rivalry we are simply neighbours. Hopefully can regroup over a couple of years and with new stadium come back.

A sincere congrats to Rovers again, the best team in the country. We are coming for ya tho ?

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    If your a betting man put money on derry to beat Rovers tonight. I'd say Bradley, Cronin and McPhail have been digging out their boots from under the stairs, as with all the injuries Rovers have they'll probably get a game tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If your a betting man put money on derry to beat Rovers tonight. I'd say Bradley, Cronin and McPhail have been digging out their boots from under the stairs, as with all the injuries Rovers have they'll probably get a game tonight.
    Say Derry will be wrapping up players in cotton wool with the final in 2 weeks. This could be a dour nil all, with the highlight for fans being the presentation of the trophy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Me and the brother in the England have already bookmarked it as an away day for next season!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    A very sincere congratulations to Rovers who despite my wind up attempts are of course a very good team and the best team in the country still by (an albeit reducing) distance. To balance that Euro campaign and win the league is some going. I seen mentioned that Gaffney should be POTY and I would have to wholeheartedly agree. A superb number 9 who offers a lot more than just his fair share of goals.

Sorry to see our neighbours Harps go down regardless of social media posts everyone knows Harps-Derry is not a rivalry we are simply neighbours. Hopefully can regroup over a couple of years and with new stadium come back.

A sincere congrats to Rovers again, the best team in the country. We are coming for ya tho ?
    Fair play DCWA. We have faded a bit but got the job done. It was a strange season overall. I don't know if we actually finished as the best team but over the course of the season we had enough strength. Gaffney was crucial for us. Lyons had his moments. Cleary was a huge signing. Byrne and Burke didn't do much though and I would have thought they'd be the ones making the difference.

Derry look really good though. Probably only 2 good signings away from being the best in the league I think.

Not sure how the game tonight will go. Two second string sides playing for pride? I think we will want to win for the sake of the occasion but I don't know who can play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Not sure how the game tonight will go. Two second string sides playing for pride? I think we will want to win for the sake of the occasion but I don't know who can play.
    I think a point secures second for us so both teams with a decent number of changes play out a nice quiet mutually acceptable draw would be my guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    I think a point secures second for us so both teams with a decent number of changes play out a nice quiet mutually acceptable draw would be my guess.
    It's been hard for me to find online, so I ask if anyone knows what the prize money breakdown might be across the League? Obviously SRFC win 100K or so, but what about the rest? I can't imagine there'd be much difference between Dundalk and Derry, and it will be as peanuts compared to what they'l make next summer. Just curious in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I remember when Dundalk won the league last (2019) it was either 115k or 125k, but that's just starting pot on full earnings, as if you win one round in CL, you can earn just over 1m

Second was 60k I think, possibly 40k for 3rd, not sure what for 4th, but I do recall a figure of 12.5k for the rest.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Champions again, Champions again, Champions again ole ole.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I remember when Dundalk won the league last (2019) it was either 115k or 125k, but that's just starting pot on full earnings, as if you win one round in CL, you can earn just over 1m

Second was 60k I think, possibly 40k for 3rd, not sure what for 4th, but I do recall a figure of 12.5k for the rest.
    Think the prize money went up this season. Is it 200k now for winning league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Think the prize money went up this season. Is it 200k now for winning league?
    Think winners pot stayed near the same, just the trickle down improved. Up to about 20k for finishing last.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    "The crap signings were someone else's fault", says manager whose job it is to sign players.

I'd take what he says with a dollop of salt.
    100%

Awful manager-Stone fkn useless!!

Id say yer man that brought him back over here for that Iive show (Jr )is still regretting the day he did! The feedback from it was terrible.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    100%

Awful manager-Stone fkn useless!!

Id say yer man that brought him back over here for that Iive show (Jr )is still regretting the day he did! The feedback from it was terrible.
    I was at it, full house and it was a fantastic night, everyone I spoke to said the same. Funny enough I actually enjoyed listening to Martin Connolly as much as anyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I was at it, full house and it was a fantastic night, everyone I spoke to said the same. Funny enough I actually enjoyed listening to Martin Connolly as much as anyone else.
    Small venue and also two totally different guests.
    i'm a fan of James(Rogers) and also of Martin Connolly(both know the league inside out),not so much Fillipo G. - as you can prob tell!
    Put Martin Connolly and SO'D on a ticket and you'll pack out the same wee venue 5 nights in a row! - Just sayin'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234