Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Dublin V Kildare 0-0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dublin V Kildare 0-0

Good result , great game. Derek, i''l kick the **** out of you if you were that jersy again . as i said earlier today, Kildare will there at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Well done Kildare! Ye kept us top of the league, fair play to ye! Who are ye playing next Ringo?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Still Top

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Well done Kildare! Ye kept us top of the league, fair play to ye! Who are ye playing next Ringo?
    We are playing Dundalk on Saturday evening in Monaghan. Should be a good game. its takes on a new importance now, with Dundalk beating sligo last night, a defeat for us could put us four points adrift, with the closing three teams, Cobh, Limerick and Dundalk all closing, really need to collect all three points, and hope that Galway make it three in a row by taking three points in Terryland on Friday evening.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Viewed on the merits of the game, this was a creditable point. Kildare are a physical, assertive team who press all over the field, and didn't betray any respect for our league position.

I wish we could be a bit more co-ordinated in the final third, this business of simply whacking it into the corner for Robbie Collins to chase isn't going to fly. Ray Scully had an off-night, but I think we can allow him one. Williamson must be eyeing up Alan Kelly's shirt (I don't mean in that sense; Jesus, the thought... ) after the last few games.

Still, the back five are as competent as any in the division, and that constitutes 3/4 of the battle at this level.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    going on dundalk's performance versus rovers on monday, i don't think ye will have too many problems taking all 3 points. they didn't look up to much until we went down to 10 men. even with 10 men they just played long ball football, which wasn't pretty to watch. also, they must be the ugliest team in the division, you have been warned!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d rovers
    going on dundalk's performance versus rovers on monday, i don't think ye will have too many problems taking all 3 points. they didn't look up to much until we went down to 10 men. even with 10 men they just played long ball football, which wasn't pretty to watch. also, they must be the ugliest team in the division, you have been warned!
    Cheers, but we had our warning when they beat us 3-2 at Richer. By all accounts they should have hammered us in the 0-0 at United Park earlier this season, but game-to-game form counts for naught in this division, it's almost arbitrary.

Ger McCarthy's elbows should be confiscated by U.N. weapons inspectors.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.