Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 21st October to 24th October

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Didn't think Kerr was terrible...
    Feely gave away the peno, Kelly was poir for the 2nd goal.
    McWoods was strange, came in heavily strapped, so carrying an injury, straight after the bohs goal, so Ollie's desperation? Was limping within a minute of coming on.
    Obviously should never have been brought on,never understood this passed fit for the bench malarkey,probably aggravated it even more now and miss the rest of the season….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    McWoods will a big loss for you if you make the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    What a performance . When I was needed we stepped up.
    Hopefully sligo win us the league on Monday and next Sunday can be a party.
    Plus we can have a real go on Thursday now
    Steady on now sb, if you do I`ll have nothing to moan about!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Mad game (another one tonight) in Casey's Field, Sligo 1-0 up, then 2-1 DFC, then 2-3 and 92nd min equaliser for 3-3.

Have to say draw was a fair result, Sligo nothing to play for really went it for at one stage, ok we have 8 players missing from available squad we had in July, but every club gets their troubles its just the way it goes.

Race for 3rd will prob go to the last week, unless Pats do not win in Sligo and we beat Bohs at home next Fri, but on the back of that tonight, I wouldn't be too confident of things being decided next friday.

We will have insurance of course, hoping Derry win the cup, if thats how it is, I`ll take it, will repeat my hopes for the season from last last Feb, if we make europe by any method = great season / recovery.

To be abs fair, Pats do deserve to make europe too, hopefully not at our expense !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dundalk are great going forward and have unearthed a total diamond in Ryan O'Kane but our defence are very dodgy and hesitant at times. What a rollercoaster of a game. beats any heart stress test i'll ever take
    2 points ahead of Pat's now with a +4 gd and we have Bohs at home next week in op/cf. True squeaky bum time now in the race for Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Strange end of season game at the RSC with Waterford 3 up at half time and looked like would get a few more in 2nd half. Athlone got 2 good goals in a couple of minutes to make it a game but Waterford wrapped it up with Aouchria scoring in last 10 minutes.
    Possibly the smallest crowd of the season with the bad weather and fact that we have had a lot of home games lately and have play offs to come keeping fans away.
    Surely even the nervous Shamrock Rovers fans on here know the Premier league is won now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    If derry beat us sligo and dundalk and we draw against ucd we could finish dead level. Provided derry 3 wins are by +6 gd (with 2 against us)
    Not impossible but if we don't get a pointagainst derry or beat ucd we won't deserve to win anything.
    I'll be happy if sligo finish it off for us on Monday.
    Have to give credit to the team for digging it out last night after going behind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    36 goals in nine matches last night, that’s an average of four goals per game.

We’d need a few more evenings like that throughout the season, not only one or two.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    If derry beat us sligo and dundalk and we draw against ucd we could finish dead level. Provided derry 3 wins are by +6 gd (with 2 against us)
    Not impossible but if we don't get a pointagainst derry or beat ucd we won't deserve to win anything.
    I'll be happy if sligo finish it off for us on Monday.
    Have to give credit to the team for digging it out last night after going behind.
    20 times 20 times Shamrock Rovers.👌
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Shels now on a bizarre 10 game premier division winless streak that is not detracting from fans positivity around the club making a great run to the cup final, looking a better footballing team than earlier in the season, young players emerging, competitive against all of Rovers/Derry/Pats/Dundalk
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Strange end of season game at the RSC with Waterford 3 up at half time and looked like would get a few more in 2nd half. Athlone got 2 good goals in a couple of minutes to make it a game but Waterford wrapped it up with Aouchria scoring in last 10 minutes.
    Possibly the smallest crowd of the season with the bad weather and fact that we have had a lot of home games lately and have play offs to come keeping fans away.
    Surely even the nervous Shamrock Rovers fans on here know the Premier league is won now?
    If Derry beat Sligo ourselves and Dundalk by a combined 6 goals (with 2 aganist us) a draw for us away agaisnt UCD would have us finish dead level.
    The table could look very different by next Sunday.
    That being said we should do it at this stage.
    Our home form has been what kept us ahead. 15 wins and 2 draws is some performance over a season.
    Pico has mase a big difference since he came back

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    TBH i was puzzled at the starting eleven and we started very ponderously going one down. Mc Cann struggled for the first 20 mins and Jack, Burkey and Andy were a little outta sorts. Thought our passing throughout the 1st half was just too slow. But we did drag ourselves back into it so credit where credit is due. We looked much sharper in the 2nd half and generally moved the ball a lot quicker. Farrugia and Watts were excellent when they came on. I thought the ref gave us a bit more that Pats. Pico WOW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    TBH i was puzzled at the starting eleven and we started very ponderously going one down. Mc Cann struggled for the first 20 mins and Jack, Burkey and Andy were a little outta sorts. Thought our passing throughout the 1st half was just too slow. But we did drag ourselves back into it so credit where credit is due. We looked much sharper in the 2nd half and generally moved the ball a lot quicker. Farrugia and Watts were excellent when they came on. I thought the ref gave us a bit more that Pats. Pico WOW.
    Thought the ref was awful and got it wrong equally against both teams ( Missed Burke?s push on Forrestor and wrong call for handball by McCann ) difference was we took advantage of his errors.

As for the match a great spectacle and praise to both teams and sets of fans.

Interesting that in his media interview on Thurs Jack B said we aren?t tired and just looking to stumble over the line but intended putting in a ?performance? against Pats - he was so right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Surprised the tree huggers haven?t issued a statement in relation to their ?fans? chanting during the Finn Harps game over the weekend. It?s a great shame Bohs ?fans? are following a similar culture to English football fans. What?s worse are the idiots defending it online. The same fellas would be crying online if it was any other dub club.
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 24/10/2022 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    If Derry beat Sligo ourselves and Dundalk by a combined 6 goals (with 2 aganist us) a draw for us away agaisnt UCD would have us finish dead level.
    Our home form has been what kept us ahead. 15 wins and 2 draws is some performance over a season.

We all know that's going to happen. Would be interesting if it did go down to the last game but unlikely
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    It's not going to happen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Shels haven’t won a league game since the 22nd of July,I do not like this information!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    You'll get a fair idea of what Derry think of this when you see our line up tonight. I'd expect Duffy and McEleney not to take part.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    You'll get a fair idea of what Derry think of this when you see our line up tonight. I'd expect Duffy and McEleney not to take part.
    Id be shocked if that happened unless they are injured.
    Beat Sligo tonight and you will come to Tallaght knowing a win will make it all to play for on the last day.
    Lots of stranger things have happened then us drawing away to UCD.

Re the bohs chanting , strongly worded letter from their board is on the way i'm sure

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Id be shocked if that happened unless they are injured.
    Beat Sligo tonight and you will come to Tallaght knowing a win will make it all to play for on the last day.
    Lots of stranger things have happened then us drawing away to UCD.

Re the bohs chanting , strongly worded letter from their board is on the way i'm sure
    Is there any videos of the chanting? I was at that game but didn?t notice anything. But then again I was in Tallaght when the ?Lizzy?s in a box? chant happened and I didn?t notice that either so maybe I?m not good at picking up that stuff.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast