Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LoI Matches Friday 7th October - Sunday 9th October 2022.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    The sooner this cluster**** of a season is over, the better. I pity whoever is coming in, having to work with most of that shower we call a squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I saw a longer clip of it on Twitter earlier. The move started with young Curtis whooshing a Dundalk lad off the ball. I see he won Pats player of the month too. Some going for a 16 year old. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Am I right in saying he was at Rovers first or was that his brother? Or were both there?
    Himself and his brother Ben were both ar Rovers but now at Pats. Sam played for Rovers II when he was only 14 or something but signed for us not long after and has generally been around the first team squad before properly breaking through this season. Staggering that he's only 16, you'd never think it. As you say fantastic work for the goal but that just sums up his season really.

3. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    You'd think he could go for more than Bazunu assuming that his family are happy enough not to rush things. I'd assume some of the European teams are sniffing around and the English teams are counting down until he's 18. Which sounds incredibly creepy.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I saw a longer clip of it on Twitter earlier. The move started with young Curtis whooshing a Dundalk lad off the ball. I see he won Pats player of the month too. Some going for a 16 year old. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Am I right in saying he was at Rovers first or was that his brother? Or were both there?
    Both were. Ben, the older brother, left and Sam followed. Not sure if Ben is still in the picture at Pats but Sam was obviously a big loss for Rovers. Fair play to Pats. They've a great underage setup that maybe doesn't get it's fair share of attention. Ger O'Brien always impresses me when he is interviewed.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Comfortable 3 0 win for Waterford v Treaty last night. 5 wins in a row now and if we had made a decent start to the league we would have been competing with Cork for the title.
    Galway have collapsed and now looks like Waterford could finish 2nd and if so will be facing Treaty again in the play offs.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Both were. Ben, the older brother, left and Sam followed. Not sure if Ben is still in the picture at Pats but Sam was obviously a big loss for Rovers. Fair play to Pats. They've a great underage setup that maybe doesn't get it's fair share of attention. Ger O'Brien always impresses me when he is interviewed.
    Ben was on the bench against Shels on Monday. Sam is an unreal talent - right up at the Bazunu/Ferguson level. He will certainly be a big-money transfer in the next year. Top English and European clubs are already on the case.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    sam curtis is very impressive and it'll be hard to argue his experience in loi at 16 has been anything but good for his development. ive seen him a few times with ireland 17s and if im being honest hes stood out more than young henderson who is over with milan. hard to imagine that there wont be big european clubs looking at him over winter

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    I'd expect Waterford to come up without undue trouble given how underwhelming Galway are. We're not going to be doing much but I'd say we've pretty much met expectations for the year. We wouldn't have the money to be in any way competitive in the Premier Division anyway.
    Waterford red hot favs for the play offs but I'd fancy us two dump Galway out even having to go there for a second leg and then in a one off game against the Blues at a neutral venue anything could happen. We're certainly in far better form going into the play offs than the team who went up in 2020. I think we are a far gritter team as well. The likes of Hanratty has been a great addition

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    [

Welcome back Cork to the Premier
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    [

Welcome back Cork to the Premier
    Looking forward to the trips next year, no Mondays please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Ben was on the bench against Shels on Monday. Sam is an unreal talent - right up at the Bazunu/Ferguson level. He will certainly be a big-money transfer in the next year. Top English and European clubs are already on the case.
    He?s exceptional alright. Would like to think we could keep him for next season, but I wouldn?t be surprised if he went before the season is out. He?s already been over at Feyenoord as far as I know. It was Robbie Benson he just shrugged off the ball last night, and then had the composure to start off the attack. It was a super move all round. Ben McCormack did great too.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Congrats to Cork. Least Rovers are no longer the most southernly team in the Premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    On a side note. Kind of fancy Waterford to join them. They are in fine form at the right time of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Waterford's front 3 are better than the majority of Premier Division teams, that alone should carry them through the playoffs for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Oh my. What a win for Pats. Hard to beat a 93rd minute winner in a tight game. Race for third should go right down to the wire now.
    Oh I'd say its Pats now for sure, we may be one point clear but all the momentum is with Pats, to be quite honest I`m not even sure we deserve 3rd, probably 4th is about right after the last 2 months.

We have picked up 7 points from the last 18 on offer, and 3 of them were for a 2-0 loss away to Sligo !!!

Dundalk are just a different team without Hoban, missing since Mid Aug and not back until 2023 now, he has two more years left, but this season didn't get going for him, two examples of his play and how the whole set up is around him. Made the goal to win it v Rovers at home, took Lopez almost to the centre circle, laid it off to Macari, then Benson to score, then last min equaliser v Derry in August.

That was of course a sickner last night, but we didn't deserve to win, stupid tactics going for a 2nd in 91st min, when ball should have been kept in the far corner, plus we gave Cotter the freedom of oriel on the right side both halfs. A draw would have kept 4 points between the two with 4 left to play.

I do not see us holding on to 3rd, just need to hope Derry wins the cup, I think they will.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlay Harp View Post
    A pilgrimage to Lourdes wouldn?t help us at this stage.
    As much as I hate to say it it?s a comfortable Derry win tonight.
    Spot on.

We were ok, some lovely passing, but in truth, we never got out of second gear. It was routine really.

Harps were awful, worst I've seen them in the past few years. Could well have had a goal from the McNamee shot, well saved by Maher. We were all saying that McNamee is still one of the best players in the country, some talent.
    Normally Harps in the playoff would be a banker, but if they were to finish 9th, I reckon I'd fancy the FD side to go up.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Waterford red hot favs for the play offs but I'd fancy us two dump Galway out even having to go there for a second leg and then in a one off game against the Blues at a neutral venue anything could happen. We're certainly in far better form going into the play offs than the team who went up in 2020. I think we are a far gritter team as well. The likes of Hanratty has been a great addition
    Hanratty is a quality player I am also impressed with Darren Clarke too. If we dont go up this season we should have a better chance next year! Cant see past Waterford tbh.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Great night was had. Lovely win in Oriel and a grand pint in their club bars. I always enjoy the banter win lose or draw up there. It?s a great set up for a LOI club.
    Nice one I'm always delighted to see decent away fans like yourself in the bars at OP.

Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Oh I'd say its Pats now for sure, we may be one point clear but all the momentum is with Pats, to be quite honest I`m not even sure we deserve 3rd, probably 4th is about right after the last 2 months.

We have picked up 7 points from the last 18 on offer, and 3 of them were for a 2-0 loss away to Sligo !!!

Dundalk are just a different team without Hoban, missing since Mid Aug and not back until 2023 now, he has two more years left, but this season didn't get going for him, two examples of his play and how the whole set up is around him. Made the goal to win it v Rovers at home, took Lopez almost to the centre circle, laid it off to Macari, then Benson to score, then last min equaliser v Derry in August.

That was of course a sickner last night, but we didn't deserve to win, stupid tactics going for a 2nd in 91st min, when ball should have been kept in the far corner, plus we gave Cotter the freedom of oriel on the right side both halfs. A draw would have kept 4 points between the two with 4 left to play.

I do not see us holding on to 3rd, just need to hope Derry wins the cup, I think they will.
    I agree. I wish S O'D was a bit more conservative at times tbh Take the draw and move onto next week was what was needed at that time. Both sides in the euro place battle have difficult games left now.Will be a tight battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Great night was had. Lovely win in Oriel and a grand pint in their club bars. I always enjoy the banter win lose or draw up there. It?s a great set up for a LOI club.
    We spoke to 2 decent Pats lads at HT in the Enda McGuill bar (upstairs in the stand), its the best bar to go for away fans, if you can navigate your way into it!

Anyway glad you enjoyed the hospitality; rare we get a positive visiting fan review from any trip to Oriel!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

Wouldn?t be too sure. Both sides have fairly like for like run ins, and we have three Dublin derbies. All you need to do is match us and you?re laughing. Still say it will be extremely tight.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast