Cobh Ramblers 20 9 5 6 32 26 6 32
    Dundalk 21 9 3 9 24 26 -2 30
    Limerick 20 8 5 7 28 24 4 29
    Galway United 20 7 5 8 25 29 -4 26
    Kildare County 20 7 4 9 21 25 -4 25
    Monaghan United 20 6 5 9 21 33 -12 23
    Kilkenny City 21 6 4 11 20 23 -3 22
    Athlone Town 19 4 4 11 13 25 -12 16

Its shaping up to be a fantastic tussle for promotion in the first division, with Dublin City and Sligo Rovers continuing to shape up and slip up in equal measure at the moment.

City's victory over the Bit o' Red allied with the westerners capitulation to Dundalk tonight sees the initiative, albeit a small one, slip back into the metro's hands.

Kilkenny's recent run of form has come to an end with their 2-0 defeat at home to Galway United.

The most likely challenge to the top two should be from Limerick, Dundalk and Cobh Ramblers.
    Limerick seem to have shed a number of their playing and backroom staff over the course of the last few weeks, and will struggle to sustain their push for promotion, failure to defeat John Gill's athlone side tomorrow evening would more than likely be curtains to their interest in the first division title race.
    Dundalk's suprise victory over Sligo has re-kindled their slight title hopes, and should they defeat the Vikings next Saturday in Monaghan, they will continue to build in confidence.
    Cobh have been in the top three almost since the first series of games in this division, and with most sides around them in action before they kick a ball in anger. but they have shown great staying power so far, and shouldn't be too far away at the end of the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Final Standings come the end of the season(Hopefully)

Sligo Rovers
    Cobh Ramblers
    Dublin City
    Limerick
    Dundalk
    Kildare County
    Galway United
    Kilkenny City
    Monaghan United
    Athlone Town
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Interesting to note that Dundalk head the "away" table, with City second, Sligo third and Monaghan fourth.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Interesting to note that Dundalk head the "away" table, with City second, Sligo third and Monaghan fourth.
    Not difficult seeing as all our games have been 'away' so far this season...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    All teams are a bit too eratic to say who will get out of this division. Our climb up the table begins tomorrow night now we have finally managed to locate a striker.

Anthony Flood on loan from Pats could make himself a town hero if he bangs in a few.

I wouldnt rule anyone out of promotion just yet 48 points up for grabs . If anyone got 90% of them then they would be there. All you need is the run of the ball and a bit of luck

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover
    All teams are a bit too eratic to say who will get out of this division. Our climb up the table begins tomorrow night now we have finally managed to locate a striker.
    Who are ye playing?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Limerick tomorrow night and Cobh on Saturday. Cant remember the last time we beat Cobh

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover
    Limerick tomorrow night and Cobh on Saturday. Cant remember the last time we beat Cobh
    Well the best of luck to ye. Hopefully ye can beat the two of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Final Standings come the end of the season(Hopefully)

Sligo Rovers
    Cobh Ramblers
    Dublin City
    I just don't understand the mentality of people towards Dublin City, they are one of the best organised clubs in the league. Treat their players with respect, are prepared to listen to outside views (fans, sponsors, etc) in fact i would go so far as to say that they are the probably the best club in relation to contact with the fans. The club is represented at most supporters club (independent club, i might add) meetings, and no not in a control freak way, to help communication between the clubs and its fans.

And lets face facts, the club is in existance for the last 4 years, and in that time, they have managed to secure a first division league title (2003), and are in the running for another (this season). They are also up against a number of teams for enticing fans to games. And considering that we are the only dublin club not in the premier division (with the exception of last year) we aren't doing too bad to have 300/400 regular fans, and with a side competing for the first division title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Breifne
    I just don't understand the mentality of people towards Dublin City, they are one of the best organised clubs in the league. Treat their players with respect, are prepared to listen to outside views (fans, sponsors, etc) in fact i would go so far as to say that they are the probably the best club in relation to contact with the fans. The club is represented at most supporters club (independent club, i might add) meetings, and no not in a control freak way, to help communication between the clubs and its fans.

And lets face facts, the club is in existance for the last 4 years, and in that time, they have managed to secure a first division league title (2003), and are in the running for another (this season). They are also up against a number of teams for enticing fans to games. And considering that we are the only dublin club not in the premier division (with the exception of last year) we aren't doing too bad to have 300/400 regular fans, and with a side competing for the first division title.
    Breifne, to be honest with ya, I never had a problem with Dublin City until last week when we played ye up there and I seen what ye're like, as a team.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Don't bother, Breif, you'll just rouse the grunting troglodytes and their concentrically circular arguments again.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Breifne, to be honest with ya, I never had a problem with Dublin City until last week when we played ye up there and I seen what ye're like, as a team.
    I think you have to take into consideration the circumstances, we needed three points, no excuses, an absolute must, where as as sean connor said on your website, you would have taken a draw.

We played some nice football to go two nil ahead, could have been three only for a super save from o hara. But after that when carr scored for ye, it but the sh1ts up our boys. They were battling for everything they could get, only relaxing when we managed to get the third goal. I guarantee if you saw us in any of our other last four / five games, we play open, entertaining football, just ask monaghan who we beat 4-0 by playing good open attacking football.

Check out the video of the monaghan game or even your own game (its just the goals mind), strangely a fair few from set pieces, but the goals from play are all pretty good, especially the third one against Monaghan. PS it also is pretty clear that our second goal against sligo was onside, number 4 is about 7/8 yards deeper than the rest of the back four.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Don't bother, Breif, you'll just rouse the grunting troglodytes and their concentrically circular arguments again.
    Rico, is that you

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I love Dublin City I even have family there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC
    , ha ha brilliant D2

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC
    i can feel the love D2 Red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    i can feel the love D2 Red

Drumcondra Red is gonna be verrrrrrrry jealous, Anto

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in fact i would go so far as to say that they are the probably the best club in relation to contact with the fans. The club is represented at most supporters club (independent club, i might add) meetings, and no not in a control freak way, to help communication between the clubs and its fans.
    So Seery meets with all 5 of you regularly?
    Thats nice of him.....

(Sorry, my baser instincts took over and I couldn't resist a grunt or two... )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    in fact i would go so far as to say that they are the probably the best club in relation to contact with the fans.............................................. we aren't doing too bad to have 300/400 regular fans, and with a side competing for the first division title.
    Where are these 300\400 fans? When you say 'contact with fans', are you talking about dead fans, or any other spiritual 'fans'? Cos' their not at the fcukin games wherever they are!