Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Matches Friday 30th Sept - Monday 3rd October 2022.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

LoI Matches Friday 30th Sept - Monday 3rd October 2022.

A huge weekend of LOI football ahead, Friday to Monday.

Premier Division:

Friday -

Saint Patricks Ath. V Derry City 7:45pm [Ref: D.Tomney]
    Dundalk FC V Drogheda UTD 7:45pm [Ref: J.McLoughlin]
    Bohemian FC V UCD 7:45pm [Ref: R.Matthews]
    Finn Harps V Shelbourne FC 8pm [Ref: A.Reale]

Saturday
    -

Sligo Rovers V Shamrock Rovers 7:45pm [Ref: P.McLaughlin]

Monday -

Shelbourne FC V Saint Patricks Ath. 7:45pm [Ref: N.Doyle]

First Division:

Friday -

Waterford FC V Cobh Ramblers 7:45pm [Ref: P.Norton]
    Treaty UTD V Galway UTD 7:45pm [Ref: M.Moynihan]
    Wexford FC V Bray Wanderers 7:45pm [Ref: J.Moore]
    Athlone Town V Longford Town 7:45pm [Ref:R.Dowling]

Monday -

Longford Town V Waterford FC 7:45pm [Ref: O.Moran]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bookie best odds:

Oddschecker Prem Division Odds - https://www.oddschecker.com/football...emier-division
    Oddschecker 1st Division Odds - https://www.oddschecker.com/football...first-division

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Massive weekend for Pats , been on a good run but this weekend could be make or break for 3rd place . Going to be tough for Joe Redmond after his U21 exertions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Hopefully Pats can take some points off Derry on Friday and give us a chance to extend our lead before Europe kicks back in. Always hard up in sligo they always seem to raise their game against us. The bohs ucd match will be interesting. Ucd needs points badly and bohs season is over.
    Fancy dundalk to beat drogs, they need it more.

Dundalk v drogs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Harps to win 5-0 and raise all expectations again before losing every game for the rest of the season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Shels might be still celebrating the cup run but harps have been very dissapointing. Time running out and a win or two now is worth a season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Dundalk have 6 left, and 4 at home, if we win two we can't be beaten for 4th, win 3 or 4 including beating or drawing with Pats at home, that might sneak 3rd.

But christ the form has to improve, then again its all home results really this year (10 wins and still unbeaten), but last month or so has been awful with 5 of the 6 being away, with almost very little return, only Bohs away win really to note, (Mid August) well that and the free 3 points re Sligo away.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    We've done a great job of getting into the mix again for 3rd and having it in our own hands, but I don't massively fancy our run in comparison to Dundalk's who have more home games, no Rovers fixture etc.

If we can follow up those 5 wins on the bounce before the break even with a draw on Friday I'd be quite content given how well Derry have been going and how much of a disaster it was the last time they were in town.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Derry have to go for the win obviously put some sort of pressure on Rovers ahead of a tough away game, it wouldn?t be a surprise to see them drop points this weekend. It?s a long shot but a Derry win and Rovers drop points and we actually do have a 3 game title race.

I think however both Derry and Rovers will draw and that will see the league over.

Must say fantastic campaign from us to even be in with an interest in the title race with 4 games left, especially allowing for us losing our biggest signing for most of the season 9 minutes into his debut.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    Derry have to go for the win obviously put some sort of pressure on Rovers ahead of a tough away game, it wouldn?t be a surprise to see them drop points this weekend. It?s a long shot but a Derry win and Rovers drop points and we actually do have a 3 game title race.

I think however both Derry and Rovers will draw and that will see the league over.

Must say fantastic campaign from us to even be in with an interest in the title race with 4 games left, especially allowing for us losing our biggest signing for most of the season 9 minutes into his debut.
    Ah look you're a very good team. I think you'll win it to be honest. We look a bit broken at the moment. If so you can dust off your old post!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

There’s 6 games left this season not 4
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    We've done a great job of getting into the mix again for 3rd and having it in our own hands, but I don't massively fancy our run in comparison to Dundalk's who have more home games, no Rovers fixture etc.

If we can follow up those 5 wins on the bounce before the break even with a draw on Friday I'd be quite content given how well Derry have been going and how much of a disaster it was the last time they were in town.
    Could say same really for Dundalk, as things stand if either wins all remaining games (they won't) that confirms 3rd. I think a lot will go down to Fri week, Pats visiting Dundalk, depending if both get a result tomorrow, whoever wins that game on 07/10 is on the home straight then for 3rd spot.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Could say same really for Dundalk, as things stand if either wins all remaining games (they won't) that confirms 3rd. I think a lot will go down to Fri week, Pats visiting Dundalk, depending if both get a result tomorrow, whoever wins that game on 07/10 is on the home straight then for 3rd spot.
    Think we?re due a win against Dundalk this season. We?ve played well against them in all the games, and really should have won n Richmond. Unlucky to lose the last game in Oriel too.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Think we?re due a win against Dundalk this season. We?ve played well against them in all the games, and really should have won n Richmond. Unlucky to lose the last game in Oriel too.

Hopefully the 'Goal Machine' will bring his shooting boots with him tonight

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Is the St. Patricks Ath. v Derry City game @ 7.45 pm on RTE 2 tonight........anyone!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    TV listings say Leinster Egg Chasing is on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Not so sure about that, I think Kelly scored mid point first half in a 1-0 win, had plenty of time to get an equalizer.

That said pats should have won the first game in Richmond, the 0-0 draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Derry have to go for the win obviously put some sort of pressure on Rovers ahead of a tough away game, it wouldn?t be a surprise to see them drop points this weekend.
    Do we? Sorry to come across all negative, but I simply can't believe there is a title race. I'd be more concerned with looking at the teams behind us.
    I think it's vital we don't lose tonight. If we did, Pat's would be four points behind us, with a game in hand. If Dundalk beat Drogs, that would be them two points behind us. The chances of us finishing third/fourth seem much greater than the chances of us finishing first.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Do we? Sorry to come across all negative, but I simply can't believe there is a title race. I'd be more concerned with looking at the teams behind us.
    I think it's vital we don't lose tonight. If we did, Pat's would be four points behind us, with a game in hand. If Dundalk beat Drogs, that would be them two points behind us. The chances of us finishing third/fourth seem much greater than the chances of us finishing first.
    Well i think i'm a known worrier but you are 5 points behind (2 if you beat us when we play) and have won your last 5 games including beating us.
    We on the other hand drew 0v0 with Shels in a turgid performance and were booed off the pitch against UCD on Monday winning 1 nil in our last two games.
    We already look jaded and have to play Thursday Sunday from now to season end.....
    If you dont think you are in a title race now when will you think it? Do you need to be ahead on points to be in a race?

Come on Pats

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Burt starts on the bench at Dalymount. Can't understand why he isn't an automatic starter. I hope it's not because there are rumours he'll leave in the off season. That would be daft imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Cup game aside, that?s 3 wins in 4 under Detser. 3 clean sheets too. Only loss was 1-0 away to Derry. We are still awful to watch, but I would not be surprised if we keep this ?form? up that Pender gets the gig.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast