Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland v Republic of Ireland - Saturday, 24th September 2022 - UEFA Nations League

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Pretty entertaining game. Fairly frantic but we?re causing them problems with our press and pace on the break. They?ve had more of the ball and pressure but not much in way of chances.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    We're doing well. Scottish defence looks worried every time we come running at them. Think the crowd is making Scotland seem better than they are, going forward they seem sort of impotent so far.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    God I'd absolutely love a win.. and Armenia next week.. it'd be some boost for the team and getting fans behind them

Mc Clean who I love, is a weak link.. Obafemi is a bit weird, looks like he doesn't fancy it half the time.. but yet I think he could be explosive

Watching this on a new telly.. no reason to throw anything at it just yet

Mon Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    God I'd absolutely love a win.. and Armenia next week.. it'd be some boost for the team and getting fans behind them

Mc Clean who I love, is a weak link.. Obafemi is a bit weird, looks like he doesn't fancy it half the time.. but yet I think he could be explosive

Watching this on a new telly.. no reason to throw anything at it just yet

Mon Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    It?s been a fine away performance against a team that had their tails up coming in. I think overall we?re pretty good value for the lead. They?ve pressed and had most of the ball but haven?t really caused us too many problems, maybe McGinn could?ve done better with one or two opportunities.

Collins is showing that he is already what we can consider an elite player. Oozes class. The other two CBS have played well too and Egans finish was excellent. I think Doherty brings a composure and touch that is critical to how we?re trying to play. McClean has given his best but his only pass is low percentage down the line. The midfield trio have been quiet but effective, working hard with Molumby biting ankles and Knight pressing forward well. Obafemi has been frustrating he?s had at least three times where he picked the wrong pass or lost his touch in really promising positions but has worked so hard. Parrot has shown some moments but overall quiet and not getting the service.

I think we have a gear to step up and I?d love to see Ogbene get a run early. Could do some damage to a tiring defence.

(edit: not sure what all the question marks in my post are about!)
    Last edited by SkStu; 24/09/2022 at 7:36 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Happy out with that.

Obafemi not adding much. Everyone else doing ok but no-one standing out. Scotland have some nice approach work but I don't think they've had a shot on target yet? They've even gotten some nice positions 25 yards out but have played it wide rather than have a go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    That was a hell of a first half performance, one of the best of the SK era. Can we play Scotland every week?

Bazunu solid, not seriously tested yet. Defence very good, they've really shut Scotland down. Midfield working hard, even if going forward they are being bypassed by the long ball, they're still working turnovers and limited Scottish counterattacks. Very impressed with the forwards, a lot of runnings, lot of good interplay, they just need to be a bit smarter with the chosen throughball.

Molumby might need to be hooked though, he's a red card waiting to happen. If we can keep this up for a while the crowd will turn and the Scots will panic, it's already starting to happen.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Enjoyed that first half. Both teams playing a high tempo pressing game so lots of turnover and unpredictability. We?ve done well and look very well organised.

Thought the yellow for Cullen was extremely harsh and the a minute later he?s dangerously close to a second one. If he wasn?t such a key player it might be worth taking him off because it feels like one more slightly dodgy tackle and he?ll walk.

Would like to see Brady for McClean early second half and maybe Ogbene for Obafemi no later than the hour mark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Competing well without having too much going forward,need more from Parrott and Obafemi,not sure why Scotland started Dykes instead of Adams,he’s a much better player ,it’ll be tougher when he comes on ,Tierney going off is a bonus for us aswell…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Kenny needs to take Cullen off at half time. He's been booked for persistent fouling, and commited another foul a minute later.

He's going to be sent off the next time he fouls someone.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Totally agree re Cullen.. has to be pulled at half time.. or he won't make it to full time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Who comes in for him? Hendrick with Molumby sitting in? Not a game I can see Hourihane or Browne getting to the tempo of?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Pretty entertaining game. Fairly frantic but we?re causing them problems with our press and pace on the break. They?ve had more of the ball and pressure but not much in way of chances.
    Pretty much sums it up. So far so good. I?d like to see us get a bit more of the ball, hopefully that will happen as it goes on. Would definitely like to see Ogbene on at some stage. Think he could cause them big problems. Maybe if Obafemi gets tired, think he has done well, though maybe could have done a little better at t8mes when he got the ball on the break. His pace is worrying them though.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Enjoyed that first half. Both teams playing a high tempo pressing game so lots of turnover and unpredictability. We?ve done well and look very well organised.

Thought the yellow for Cullen was extremely harsh and the a minute later he?s dangerously close to a second one. If he wasn?t such a key player it might be worth taking him off because it feels like one more slightly dodgy tackle and he?ll walk.

Would like to see Brady for McClean early second half and maybe Ogbene for Obafemi no later than the hour mark.
    Brady for McClean is a good shout too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Mon doing the analysis in the stadium. Great Martin insightful MCTominay guilty for Ireland's goal

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Cullen out please silly yellow, leave the damned football there, don't kick it dirty arts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Somehow I mixed up Molumby with Cullen. Agree he needs to come off, even if it comes with a risk to shape.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Classic away performance so far; we've defended well with the Scots creating little. Very physical competitive match.

Obafemi not at his sharpest but he and Parrott have worried the Scottish defence a few times.

Cullen unfortunately walking a tightrope but he's too important to take off.

Like against Ukraine, at half-time I feel as though we can win this, but we became a bit loose and open in the second half in Poland. Hopefully we don'rlt see the same here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Four Irish players waiting for a cross, almost lining up, and McClean plays it low and straight to a Scottish defender to clear. Give Brady his chance in that position soon.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Terrible defending
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast