Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Weekend games 9th to 11th September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    We deserve to be relegated really. Any glimmer of hope every few weeks is discarded after rotten performances like that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    In fairness u weren't expecting to get anything tonight

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    don't think many if any Hoops would revel in your current teams position Nigel, but you looked really poor and disorganised last night, and it doesn't look good for your team mate.
    If you do exit, I'd be confident you can make it back the following year, but getting players in could be difficult.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Didn't expect to get anything from the game, but nobody goes into any game expecting a hammering from a side who barely got out of first gear.

One thing we've always took pride in Ollie Horgans team have been organisation, a tight defence, and hard to beat. We've had none of those this year.

At times, there's some decent football, decent passages of play between the likes of Connolly, McNamee, Mihaljevic and co, but at the back we're as leaky Leo Varadkars press office these days.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Didn't expect to get anything from the game, but nobody goes into any game expecting a hammering from a side who barely got out of first gear.

One thing we've always took pride in Ollie Horgans team have been organisation, a tight defence, and hard to beat. We've had none of those this year.

At times, there's some decent football, decent passages of play between the likes of Connolly, McNamee, Mihaljevic and co, but at the back we're as leaky Leo Varadkars press office these days.
    Yeah hate to pile on but it's as poor a harps side as I've seen. The signings at the start of the year were a bit off the wall and it all looks very disjointed. McNamee looked very frustrated yesterday. As you say you look decent going forward but it's a real mess at the back. The peno was so clumsy and unnecessary. Good luck to harps anyway. If you do go down I hope it's not for long.

For us it was great to see Farrugia get a few goals. He's starting to look very dangerous. Still defensively suspect but he's learning another new position now as we have him on the right.

Also very encouraging to see Graham Burke come on and look sharp. It was all a little bit too easy but they are the kinds of games we need to get him and Jack up to speed. We will need them both to hit the high notes to stay ahead of Derry with Duffy looking lethal. It's been a while since I'd have said he was the best player in the league but from what I've seen since he's come back he is right up there again.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In fairness u weren't expecting to get anything tonight
    Result wise perhaps not, performance wise a lot more
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Just looking at the stats from Derry's 1-0 win over Sligo tonight, LiveScore has it down as 5 shots on target and 8 off target for Derry and have Sligo down as having 0 shots on or off target. Is that accurate? Was it really that dominant?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    We were awful but Mata should have equalised in injury time with our only real effort of the game. Didn’t really think Derry were that good either but certainly better then us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Just looking at the stats from Derry's 1-0 win over Sligo tonight, LiveScore has it down as 5 shots on target and 8 off target for Derry and have Sligo down as having 0 shots on or off target. Is that accurate? Was it really that dominant?
    Aye, pretty much. I'd be disappointed with the lack of decent shots we had, mind.
    We made hard work of that tonight. Would say it was a typical performance from us this season. Creating lots, taking very few. However, we did keep a clean sheet, and we've been doing that a lot more recently. One two conceded in the last nine games, as pointed out tonight.
    Been saying that we usually score every game, but usually concede. Can see a definite improvement, I'm a big fan of clean sheets.

Sligo weren't great at all, especially compared to our earlier matches this season. They were deep, and played out from the back. However, that meant by the time they'd got it to midfielders, they were still in their own half.
    In the second, they did great a few chances, and really should have tested Maher.
    Maybe they were a bit tired? Not sure.

We weren't great, but look it, it's a win, and it's a match we would likely have drawn previously. Keeps us further ahead of Dundalk and Pat's. At this stage of the season, I'll take it. Though we'll need to reach another level if we're to progress in the cup on Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Aye, pretty much. I'd be disappointed with the lack of decent shots we had, mind.
    We made hard work of that tonight. Would say it was a typical performance from us this season. Creating lots, taking very few. However, we did keep a clean sheet, and we've been doing that a lot more recently. One two conceded in the last nine games, as pointed out tonight.
    Been saying that we usually score every game, but usually concede. Can see a definite improvement, I'm a big fan of clean sheets.

Sligo weren't great at all, especially compared to our earlier matches this season. They were deep, and played out from the back. However, that meant by the time they'd got it to midfielders, they were still in their own half.
    In the second, they did great a few chances, and really should have tested Maher.
    Maybe they were a bit tired? Not sure.

We weren't great, but look it, it's a win, and it's a match we would likely have drawn previously. Keeps us further ahead of Dundalk and Pat's. At this stage of the season, I'll take it. Though we'll need to reach another level if we're to progress in the cup on Sunday.
    I thought we were outstanding for the first 30mins. Our problem is getting the 2nd goal and other teams knowing that we go to pot the further the game goes on. The only game in which we finished strongly at home lately was the draw v rovers.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345