Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend Friday 2nd to 3rd September

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    After Twardek's challenge I did think that he might have gotten a second yellow, but thinking about it, Watts' second yellow was for a cynical foul when Burt was breaking at speed, but Twardek's was more clumsy.
    I reckon that was the reason for Henessey's different treatment. Cleary's tackle could have been a red imo.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    To be honest it's a derby I won't remember. I'm usually a bag of nerves for weeks leading up but this just didn't feel the same. If we'd won I would have celebrated the clean sweep but the loss doesn't feel as bad as it usually would given how things are going for both clubs. Maybe the players felt the same but there's no excuse for them feeling that way!

Wouldn't say the league is ours either. I'd be feeling pretty hopefully if I was a Derry fan now. We will slip up again. If they can go on a winning run they will be right there at the end.
    I fully understand your sentiments regarding tonight's game, but the league is yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Total nonsense!! Rovers were slow, lathargic and generally poor all around. The Bohs keeper didn't have a save to make. While Bohs weren't great they deserved their win. Rovers should have had 2 red cards but the ref bottled it. You certainly finished giving it your best shot but it clearly wasn't enough. You will win the league and fair play to you, but tonight you just weren't good enough against your old adversiries.
    I was responding to your comment that Rovers threw in the towel when Towel came on after 74 mins .. when in fact they finished the stronger as you agreed above… and yes we by our standards were exceptionally poor for most of the second half having controlled the first but not created much .. you got a fantastic individual strike and that was the difference …. On another night we’d of come away with a point …. As for red cards should of been two for us and one for you but ref was the usual very poor and favoured neither side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    There’s a bang of “well we didn’t want to go to your party anyway..” off that post

If beating your opponents in a big derby match, that also gets you 3 points closer to the title and does not open the door to your title challengers, is not considered a big challenge, then I’m not sure what is?!
    Why would I want to go to your party ???? Tonight was a single match and three points missed I.e. a skirmish as we’ve still got a commanding lead and lots of other similar league challenges ahead and even potentially even bigger ones in Europe…. Understandable based on your league position and the week you’ve had it was a bigger event/ challenge for you than for us ( and I’m not being arrogant by saying that , simply calling out the reality of our perspectives)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Bohemians went out to win tonight. Shamrock players filled a fixture. That's why Bohs beat Shamrock tonight.

Aaron Greene is my hero. I've never seen someone so **** at football be so successful. The man must have serious dirt on Bradley.

How the **** someone so **** can get a living a professional footballer.....

Well done sir I salute you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dundalk 0-0 Shelbourne
    Two flat teams atm.
    Shels well formed and tight at the back and in mf but offer sfa up front.
    Ref McGraith(injured or sick or something) was replaced by P.McLaughlin just before k\o and that was that for us! J. Martin thru on goal,fouled by Molloy - Molloy was last man and McLaughlin gives him a yellow and not a red so he obv seen the foul. No consistency from the refs.
    Porr enough game all the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Excellent game in Wexford last night. Waterford 2 0 up and in total control but Wexford got a penalty for handball to bring them into It and equalised in last 10 minutes. It was end to end from then on. Wassim Aouchria should have won it but blazed over from 6 yards in the final seconds for a contender for miss of the season. Good atmosphere there with a big away support making the short journey down the N25.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Dundalk 0-0 Shelbourne
    Two flat teams atm.
    Shels well formed and tight at the back and in mf but offer sfa up front.
    Ref McGraith(injured or sick or something) was replaced by P.McLaughlin just before k\o and that was that for us! J. Martin thru on goal,fouled by Molloy - Molloy was last man and McLaughlin gives him a yellow and not a red so he obv seen the foul. No consistency from the refs.
    Porr enough game all the same.
    Not to pile in on the state of Oriel, but the bucketing rain last night really highlighted the lack of cover there, and surely lowered the crowd. Didn't look much more than 2K there, though my eyes could be deceiving me on that one. I thought Martin's one could have been given but you see the DF just get away with them sometimes with the benefit of the doubt. He really coudln't have complained if it was given against him too much though. Dundalk cant play that aggressive highline nearly as effectively without Hoban prowling around, defending from the front IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Not to pile in on the state of Oriel, but the bucketing rain last night really highlighted the lack of cover there, and surely lowered the crowd. Didn't look much more than 2K there, though my eyes could be deceiving me on that one. I thought Martin's one could have been given but you see the DF just get away with them sometimes with the benefit of the doubt. He really coudln't have complained if it was given against him too much though. Dundalk cant play that aggressive highline nearly as effectively without Hoban prowling around, defending from the front IMO.
    I mentioned somewhere else here that the attendance was 2343 and for once that was prob the true number
    The rain only arrived almost at the h/t whistle and sure the crowd was in by then. BUT it got everyone running for cover and unfortunately there aren't enough places or cover in op to run to when that happens. people were even standing in the turnstile area for shelter! It's really embarrassing at this stage.

Hoban's a huge miss(i hear he'll be back next week) for us and a fully fit Benson too. UCD next week a big game in our season now.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post

And bohs showed their thanks by giving us 358 tickets leaving half the Des Kelly stand empty after we gave them 1000 tickets for the last match in Tallaght.
    Does Lambert not see how stupid this makes them look.
    Rovers give them 1000 tickets (dont bitch and whine when they throw dozens of Pyro onto our pitch , just like some of our muppets did in Dalyer) make a presentation for Mono and basically try to bury the hatchet and stop the tit for that and they havent the class to follow suit.
    Time for their board to go with Long

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    And bohs showed their thanks by giving us 358 tickets leaving half the Des Kelly stand empty after we gave them 1000 tickets for the last match in Tallaght.
    Does Lambert not see how stupid this makes them look.
    Rovers give them 1000 tickets (dont bitch and whine when they throw dozens of Pyro onto our pitch , just like some of our muppets did in Dalyer) make a presentation for Mono and basically try to bury the hatchet and stop the tit for that and they havent the class to follow suit.
    Time for their board to go with Long
    Genuine compliment graciously accepted there, ffs

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I had very little to do with that decision sbgawa.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Wasn't suggesting you had anything to do with it. It was an observation as to the why bohs didn't decide to shiw a bit of class themselves.
    Thanks for posting it anyway hopefully some "real bohs people" will call out there hipster board for this kind of crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    I didn't expect anything in Derry tonight, but that is a shambolic goal to concede after 5 mins
    It was a good move to get it to Akintunde, but allowing Derry to have three shots from a metre out was poor.
    After our goal, I thought we were very average. No real urgency, and we gave up a chances to UCD.
    Second half, the rain was mad, but didn't affect the game too much. We needed the second goal, and settled well enough after that.
    To be fair to UCD, I thought they were improved since the last time we played them, and miles better than the last time at the Brandy. Thought Brennan looked decent too, plenty of hungry about him.

Happy enough that Dundalk dropped points, just edges us away from them, with a game in hand (home to Sligo on Tuesday week).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Terrible game really between Dundalk and Shels, just never got going, only positive is a clean sheet and preserves the unbeaten home record. That said we are in 3rd on merit now, and even that is now at risk of slipping. 1 point from the last 9 and Pats hitting form, there is a real challenge now to retain 3rd.

We have Pats at home next month, and the trio of Hoban, Benson and Dan Kelly back soon will add to hopes of finishing strong, but we need to address the away form (only 2 wins), would imagine will need at least 2 more on the road as home form alone probably won't be enough to secure 3rd.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Feel free to, its a fair point, I know a good few who don't bother taking kids etc if its a bad night, madness by the club not to consider roofing the open seating section town side of the stand. All this talk of waiting for new plans etc, just put something in that will do for 5-10 years, then make your longer term plans. Same for the away fans the other side, all soaked, then again same for away fans at Bohs and Shels.

One thing, when its wet in oriel park the pitch looks just terrible, I`m not a fan but its actually only the appearance due to the black stuff more visible, hopefully return to grass soon.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Wasn't suggesting you had anything to do with it. It was an observation as to the why bohs didn't decide to shiw a bit of class themselves.
    Thanks for posting it anyway hopefully some "real bohs people" will call out there hipster board for this kind of crap.
    You're some clown for even bringing up Mono's name trying to score points on here. Actually clown isn't strong enough but I'd rather not get a ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Feel free to, its a fair point, I know a good few who don't bother taking kids etc if its a bad night, madness by the club not to consider roofing the open seating section town side of the stand. All this talk of waiting for new plans etc, just put something in that will do for 5-10 years, then make your longer term plans. Same for the away fans the other side, all soaked, then again same for away fans at Bohs and Shels.

One thing, when its wet in oriel park the pitch looks just terrible, I`m not a fan but its actually only the appearance due to the black stuff more visible, hopefully return to grass soon.
    Yeah, there's definitely covering solutions that wouldn't cost the Earth. LOI grounds have come on a pile in 20 years in some caes - look at a picture of Sligo's ground around 2005 for example, but Dundalks ground hasn't changed since 1960 or whatever. They'l need to do something proactive in the next few years you'd imagine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    You're some clown for even bringing up Mono's name trying to score points on here. Actually clown isn't strong enough but I'd rather not get a ban.
    TBF I brought it up and it absolutely wasn't to score points, just recognition of what I (and Dan Lambert) saw as a really nice gesture from Rovers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast