Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Long

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Ah yes but a bit of bohs bashing has to happen!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Andy Myler is perfect for the job, but it may not be a big enough position to accommodate his burgeoning ego and self importance. Personality wise, very like your average Bohs fan, always spoiling for a fight over nothing, so a match made in heaven

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    Andy Myler is perfect for the job, but it may not be a big enough position to accommodate his burgeoning ego and self importance. Personality wise, very like your average Bohs fan, always spoiling for a fight over nothing, so a match made in heaven
    Jokes aside the squad need a bit of fight in them. I've never seen a team so meek when a bit of a challenge is out in front of them. This season they lacked leaders on and off the pitch which can be seen with the rotating captains armband. I don't want Myler in I think he's a bit overrated myself but if someone came in with a bit of a fighters attitude I wouldn't be against that

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Wouldn't be a fan of Myler for the job. I think he's a bit overrated all things considered. In saying that it's the type of character the current Bohs squad need. I have never seen a team so meek when a challenge is put to them. They lack leaders both on and off the pitch which is epitomised by the rotating captains armband. The team needs someone with a bit of fight in them and I think that person needs to be brought in sooner rather than later for multiple reasons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Irony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Sligo had a similar tweet a few months ago when Buckley got sacked. Strange that didn't get the same type of reaction this is.

https://twitter.com/sligorovers/stat...637417986?s=19
    The main difference is the holier than thou attitude that comes from the Bohs admin, debt cleared, climate justice stuff, look how conscientious we are etc etc and then go and do something like sign 9 players and then sack the manager. Unlike with the derby rivals who will pounce, for me it is both perplexing and entertaining. I even got the Rovers rolling of eyes and amusement at the tantrum like press releases after some Dublin Derbies and the irony subsequently. There has been great community work done and some stellar football related stuff too, the Rovers Derby hoodoo was great fun to watch. But when things turned more recently you could hear the Lambert foot stamping in Cork! I doubt Bohs fans would claim that this hasnt been botched or fits with the image the club is trying to project - eyes off carbon credits and back on the football in a football club when needed. A marketing man might see value in the any publicity is good stuff but LoI football fans can smell fudge from miles.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/09/2022 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    You ok hon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The main difference is the holier than thou attitude that comes from the Bohs admin, debt cleared, climate justice stuff, look how conscientious we are etc etc and then go and do something like sign 9 players and then sack the manager. Unlike with the derby rivals who will pounce, for me it is both perplexing and entertaining. I even got the Rovers rolling of eyes and amusement at the tantrum like press releases after some Dublin Derbies and the irony subsequently. There has been great community work done and some stellar football related stuff too, the Rovers Derby hoodoo was great fun to watch. But when things turned more recently you could hear the Lambert foot stamping in Cork! I doubt Bohs fans would claim that this hasnt been botched or fits with the image the club is trying to project - eyes off carbon credits and back on the football in a football club when needed. A marketing man might see value in the any publicity is good stuff but LoI football fans can smell fudge from miles.
    Well, there is making an announcement seeking a new manager on your social media channels and then there is making an announcement of a “new manager” when the real manager, the fella who was hired to be the manager but is now the “coach” is still at the club and the fella who is now the manager never wanted it in the first place and quits a month later. Now that is fudge production on a commercial scale.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Jaysus, you like a rambling nonsensical post don't you.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Well, there is making an announcement seeking a new manager on your social media channels and then there is making an announcement of a “new manager” when the real manager, the fella who was hired to be the manager but is now the “coach” is still at the club and the fella who is now the manager never wanted it in the first place and quits a month later. Now that is fudge production on a commercial scale.
    Oh I agree totally, it was a sh1t show and it was a didnt know whether to laugh or cringe experience for Dundalk fans. I doubt you'd find a post by myself that would say much different. I think whataboutery could be the most futile Irishism there is - lets people off the hook, perpetuates the acceptance and cycle of the 'mutually rubbish at' so its ok to be rubbish. But hey deflection seems to be the Bohs way these days!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/09/2022 at 1:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Jaysus, you like a rambling nonsensical post don't you.
    I do, and I love Bohs post match statements for the same reason!

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'm just hoping that if we win tonight that Stephen Bradley doesn't upset wee Daniel again by banging his crest leaving the field. Hopefully bradser rereads the last letter and modifies his behaviour

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    But when things turned more recently you could hear the Lambert foot stamping in Cork!
    Can confirm. Measured on the Richter scale. Bohs do some great things to raise their profile and benefit their community but they're interspersed with enough absolutely cringey posturing that it makes me wonder if there's genuine insight there or if it's just a big wall and a whole lot of shyte situation.
    Last edited by sadloserkid; 02/09/2022 at 6:42 PM.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I do, and I love Bohs post match statements for the same reason!
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
    Yeah that doesnt surprise me but If we're lucky there could be a reminder tonight for you - Rovers do your worst Do the CEO and Club President collaborate much?

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    FWIW Dundalk renaming their stadium, "until the end of the season", is VERRRRRRRRRRY Bohs behaviour.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Yeah that doesnt surprise me but If we're lucky there could be a reminder tonight for you - Rovers do your worst Do the CEO and Club President collaborate much?
    Can you translate that into a coherent thought and come back to me?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    See Jim Crawford is linked with bohs job today doubt he will quit his U21 job with ROI side.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    As a marketing man, a hell of a lot of it is absolute fudge! With my work hat on they've done a hell of a lot right off the pitch branding and marketing the club, along with all the community stuff but there's a hell of a lot of sniffing their own farts and smelling roses going on for a long time now.

It's almost become cult-esque with some of Bohs support, I've had conversations with many over the last few years and a lot won't take any legitimate point against the way the clubs been run or dodgy decisions, even if it's clear as day. On the other hand, there is a fairly vocal minority who would speak up internally about stuff. Something that's popping up lately now the wheels have fell off the wagon is that despite DL being full time COO or whatever it is, he's a load of side hustles going on and some are starting to say he should be concentrating on his day job running the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    See Jim Crawford is linked with bohs job today doubt he will quit his U21 job with ROI side.
    Crawford is definitely in with a shout for it, he's only on a rolling contract with the FAI. The big stumbling block is with the playoff end of the month, he's not going to leave the 21s high and dry before then, if they win that he'll most likely sign a new deal with the FAI to take him through the finals and the next qualifying campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    FWIW Dundalk renaming their stadium, "until the end of the season", is VERRRRRRRRRRY Bohs behaviour.
    How exactly? Given that Bohs have existed for 130+ years and have literally never done that or anything even remotely similar.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast