Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games Monday 29th August

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Boyd was doing his best to get sent off, giving off the ref all game. Took until after the final whistle to actually get the red.
    He does his best to get one every game to be fair. Conan Byrne tweeted that Boyd has 21 yellows and 2 reds in 24 starts over the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    That's our sixth win in a row at Tolka, and another one of those late goals.
    Another interesting stat I saw was, tonight is Derry's 7th league win of the season in Dublin, compared to just 4 in the Brandywell
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    4th will still get Europe unless bohs, shels or ucd win the cup. Anythings possible in one off games I suppose. The draw tommorow night is something to look forward too
    It'll be a double whammy for Pat's if Waterford who knocked them out of the cup were to go on and win it, denying them the final European spot! Bohs and Shels have nothing to lose concentrating on the cup. No fear of relegation.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Pleasantly surprised with how much we've turned it around of late (apart from the cup...), wasn't anticipating that we'd be on the tails of Derry and Dundalk at all but right in the mix now after this recent run of form.

It feels like we're more of a team that you'd associate with Clancy from his time at Drogheda and it's reflecting in the results. The likes of Cotter, Brockbank and Atakayi coming in have allowed us to more naturally play that back 5 formation he likes, rather than earlier in the season when there was a lot of shoe-horning going on or absences of certain players hurting us. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out in terms of 2nd-4th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Another interesting stat I saw was, tonight is Derry's 7th league win of the season in Dublin, compared to just 4 in the Brandywell
    Aye, our home form is not good. Haven't won since April against UCD, who we play at home this Friday.
    If the league was based on away form, we'd be 10 points clear the top. If it was based on home form, we'd be 6th, 17 points off top.

It's partly the reason we had no chance of winning the league this year. We can't break teams down easily at the Brandywell. When we're away, it's probably a case of the home team feeling that they should be more open, which allows us more chances. Chances which we usually waste anyway, mind. Ultimately, we need to be more clinical.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Pleasantly surprised with how much we've turned it around of late (apart from the cup...), wasn't anticipating that we'd be on the tails of Derry and Dundalk at all but right in the mix now after this recent run of form.

It feels like we're more of a team that you'd associate with Clancy from his time at Drogheda and it's reflecting in the results. The likes of Cotter, Brockbank and Atakayi coming in have allowed us to more naturally play that back 5 formation he likes, rather than earlier in the season when there was a lot of shoe-horning going on or absences of certain players hurting us. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out in terms of 2nd-4th

Getting Jamie Lennon back was a big help , it's allowed Forrester a bit more freedom to play further forward., and we also have Timmermans who can come in and do a job as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    Getting Jamie Lennon back was a big help , it's allowed Forrester a bit more freedom to play further forward., and we also have Timmermans who can come in and do a job as well.
    Yeah massively so, I thought it seemed like Jamie had stagnated a bit last season and was very much the 4th man after Forrester, Benson and Lewis, but he's returned from injury this season looking like the player he was promising to be. Has a good balance with O'Reilly as he's a bit more of a steady hand in possession as welll as just in general positionally, and as you say let's Forrester play in a more dangerous position. I've liked the look of Timmermans but at the same time he has looked questionable at best off the ball at times.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    4th will still get Europe unless bohs, shels or ucd win the cup. Anythings possible in one off games I suppose. The draw tommorow night is something to look forward too
    On current form Bohs and UCD haven't much chance I'd say. But you never know in the cup.
    Shels might be a decent outside bet.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Yeah massively so, I thought it seemed like Jamie had stagnated a bit last season and was very much the 4th man after Forrester, Benson and Lewis, but he's returned from injury this season looking like the player he was promising to be. Has a good balance with O'Reilly as he's a bit more of a steady hand in possession as welll as just in general positionally, and as you say let's Forrester play in a more dangerous position. I've liked the look of Timmermans but at the same time he has looked questionable at best off the ball at times.
    Still don't know what to make of Doyle , he worked hard last night but he still seems a bit harmless at times and not much of a threat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    He does his best to get one every game to be fair. Conan Byrne tweeted that Boyd has 21 yellows and 2 reds in 24 starts over the last 2 seasons.
    Boyd is a very hard working striker but I don't think I've ever seen any other Shels player pick up the most unnecessary silly yellow cards out of frustration and whatever happened it was peak lunacy to end up in that position getting sent off after the final whistle

On the game itself we were unlucky not get the 0-0 Derry weren't that much better than us but when you fail to test the opposition keeper for the entire 90 minutes you can't really complain of getting hit by a deflected suckerpunch in stoppage time
    Last edited by total hoofball; 30/08/2022 at 12:19 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    Still don't know what to make of Doyle , he worked hard last night but he still seems a bit harmless at times and not much of a threat
    He's been hit and miss alright. Works hard and I've actually been surprised at how good of an all-round player he is but I think he's been let down by a lack of pace and/or physicality which is a bit of a worry given his age and length of contract. I think a player like Serge is a good foil for him though in that sense.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Not sure how Keith Long is still Bohs manager today. It's pretty clear the fans have run out of patience with him and he can't get a tune out of the players anymore. Sad it's ending like this cause he's done a really good job all things considered and the European run will be remembered for a long time but things come to an end eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Gifted Pats that second goal.
    Our defence look like they have never played together.
    In fact, our entire team looks like they have never played or trained together. I know Long signed a load during the window, but the lack of any organisation is criminal.
    He should have been gone after the first round of games. That the club threw money at him in the window to sign so incoherently and players on multi-year deals is just fckn mental. The team is an absolute shambles since last season and he needs to go. I dont think he will though. Its all too comfy over there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Is the length of Long and his backroom staffs contracts the problem? Seen it hinted somewhere it would take a fair wedge to pay them off and maybe they think with no danger of relegation they’ll see where the rest of the season takes them…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Just got an email from the Members club , Bohs are restricting us to 350 tickets for Sundays match leaving over half the Des Kelly empty. (Pats had 800 last night)
    So much for us giving Bohs 1000 tickets for the last match in Tallaght and not issuing any "letters" condemning the amount of Pyro and crap thrown onto the pitch during the match given the Bohs boards "letters" after they lost the last match in Dalymount.

Youd have thought they would have decided to grow up given we stopped the tit for tat BS with the 1000 tickets.
    Cant help thinking its more deflection after another bad loss last night trying to cultivate an us against the world attitude / jealousy as we are having a good run. Minnowisim , the Bohs board need to go

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Not sure how Keith Long is still Bohs manager today. It's pretty clear the fans have run out of patience with him and he can't get a tune out of the players anymore. Sad it's ending like this cause he's done a really good job all things considered and the European run will be remembered for a long time but things come to an end eventually.
    They've been poor recently but I'd say the plan is to give them to the end of the season to see if he can start getting a coherent team together and getting a few decent performances out of the new group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Is the length of Long and his backroom staffs contracts the problem? Seen it hinted somewhere it would take a fair wedge to pay them off and maybe they think with no danger of relegation they’ll see where the rest of the season takes them…..
    Exactly. He's contracted to us to end of the 2024 season - so is Croly. A four year deal. As i said, i think it all got a bit too cushy.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    They've been poor recently but I'd say the plan is to give them to the end of the season to see if he can start getting a coherent team together and getting a few decent performances out of the new group.
    I know that's the plan but I can't see what reality that plan still works if we continue to get beat and finish 7th or 8th in the league. Don't see us winning against Treaty or UCD in the cup either with the way we're playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://mobile.twitter.com/McDonnell...32004427145218

Looks like Long could be on the way out,Ian Ryan would be my guess to take over….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/McDonnell...32004427145218

Looks like Long could be on the way out,Ian Ryan would be my guess to take over….
    I wouldn’t rule out Liam Buckley

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    I wouldn’t rule out Liam Buckley

Jeez i wouldnt like that.......a manager that actually knows how to play football and is not averse to winning trophies.
    Couldnt imagine the current Bohs board going for that. How does he stand on climate change i wonder?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast