Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 19th to 21st August

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    That penalty between Bohs and Shels.... Thats an awful call.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    What a strike from Barry McNamee tonight.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    UCD really do shoot on sight and are dangerous at it, we didn't cough up many chances yet they still came close quite a few times.

Was a fun game if a bit iffy from us at times, thought UCD were too comfortable on the ball for large periods and as said we were wasteful on a few occasions. Main thing was just getting the win though, especially with the way other results have gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    That is a shocking result for Galway,can’t say I’ve seen Bray but they’re basically laughed at every week by their own fans as much as the opposition,zero shock to see Bastien Hery involved and hooked at half time either ,fellas stealing a living….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    With Derry dropping points last night rovers are now 7 clear of then with a game in hand. Massive chance with a win over Dundalk to go 10 clear of them and 7 clear of dundalk with a game in hand. With the fixture congestion ahead of Rovers I think we have to go for the win and try and establish a big cushion. A win tommorow and we should be able to have a couple of stumbles and still do it. Lose and the gap is 1 point (and a game in hand) the classic 6 pointer. The crowd will be interesting, europe such a distraction...any of the dundalk people on here have any idea of the traveling support?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Wheels are proper wobbling now at Galway, when you are losing at home to that Bray team, you have problems. Liking the Students chances next weekend in the FAI Cup, and increasingly confident that Galway will blow their promotion chances in the play offs as usual

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    With Derry dropping points last night rovers are now 7 clear of then with a game in hand. Massive chance with a win over Dundalk to go 10 clear of them and 7 clear of dundalk with a game in hand. With the fixture congestion ahead of Rovers I think we have to go for the win and try and establish a big cushion. A win tommorow and we should be able to have a couple of stumbles and still do it. Lose and the gap is 1 point (and a game in hand) the classic 6 pointer. The crowd will be interesting, europe such a distraction...any of the dundalk people on here have any idea of the traveling support?
    If I remember correctly, Pats were in a similar position this time last year when they played Rovers. A win and it would have meant a title race, but rovers easily overpowered them in the end.

Hopefully O'Donnell learnt some lessons....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Drogheda has the 4th best home record this year, one point behind 3rd place St. Pats. Fantastic stuff - United Park is a very difficult place to play in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Two vital wins on the trot. We can start looking up towards Derry and not behind at Sligo for the first time is a while. I’d be delighted with fourth with how inconsistent we have been at times this campaign. It’s a long way to go but.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Two vital wins on the trot. We can start looking up towards Derry and not behind at Sligo for the first time is a while. I’d be delighted with fourth with how inconsistent we have been at times this campaign. It’s a long way to go but.
    Don’t think you’ll have much trouble getting 4th,Bohs are hopeless and Sligo looked miles off it last night,Buckley a big loss for them on last night’s evidence….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Think the Top 4 spots are fairly nailed on at this stage. What remains to be see is if 4th will get Europe or go to the cup winner if they are outside of the European places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'd say a decent crew will travel but a mix of holiday season and 7pm ko and not on a Friday night, it will certainly be reduced on previous numbers that's for sure. I think we took 400+ to Bohs.

There is the obvious chance to cut the deficit to 1 point albeit a game more played, but I`ll keep playing the conservative card, I think re-qualifying for europe is still the target and a top 3 finish, but we are currently 2nd, lets see how it goes from here.

Personally speaking I don't see us winning tomorrow night but the unusual time and Rovers coming off a heavy euro defeat and a modest travel back, we might cause a surprise, odds of 3/1 for an away win means the bookies also don't see a DFC win either, then again I didn't see us winning away to Derry and that ended up a comfortable win, so we'll see.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I'd say a decent crew will travel but a mix of holiday season and 7pm ko and not on a Friday night, it will certainly be reduced on previous numbers that's for sure. I think we took 400+ to Bohs.

There is the obvious chance to cut the deficit to 1 point albeit a game more played, but I`ll keep playing the conservative card, I think re-qualifying for europe is still the target and a top 3 finish, but we are currently 2nd, lets see how it goes from here.

Personally speaking I don't see us winning tomorrow night but the unusual time and Rovers coming off a heavy euro defeat and a modest travel back, we might cause a surprise, odds of 3/1 for an away win means the bookies also don't see a DFC win either, then again I didn't see us winning away to Derry and that ended up a comfortable win, so we'll see.
    The crowd will be interesting tomorrow , if it was a Friday night id expect 1k from Dundalk and a full house.
    A good crowd tomorrow might be 5.5k
    Any word on Hoooooban , wouldnt wish an injury on any player but a slight strain that causes him to miss tommorow but back straight away after would be fine and doesnt make me to bad a person

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Club seem to be quiet on update about Pat, he has surprised us before with a quick return, but I would think he will sit this one out.

Have to say really looking forward to this match, I'd def have gone if it was a Fri, good few others I go with same boat, but we got plenty of games moved in 2016 and 2020 so we can't complain.

Should be a different Sunday in any case, late Sunday Dinner nice glass of red then get stuck into LOITV at 7!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    The Wexford gallop stopped in its tracks, but they can still catch Treaty with 6 games to go. Treaty are limited enough from what ive seen

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

Surprised by that...European hangover coupled with our injury list would make Dundalk favourites for me. We've looked haggard since the second half against Derry and you should be very fresh. I'm not saying I'd take a draw but if it's a draw at the final whistle I won't be too unhappy.

Sunday football reminds me of the Morton stadium. Ah, the glory days.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    The Wexford gallop stopped in its tracks, but they can still catch Treaty with 6 games to go. Treaty are limited enough from what ive seen
    Wexford appear to be running out of steam at just the wrong point of the season, so looking like Galway v Treaty and Waterford v Longford, but you certainly wouldn't rule Waterford out of taking second yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Surprised by that...European hangover coupled with our injury list would make Dundalk favourites for me. We've looked haggard since the second half against Derry and you should be very fresh. I'm not saying I'd take a draw but if it's a draw at the final whistle I won't be too unhappy.

Sunday football reminds me of the Morton stadium. Ah, the glory days.
    We have a good few injuries of our own to contend with. Hoban, Doyle and Kelly are out with injuries, Boyle is suspended. Will still be kissing Gartland and Mountney.
    I think it will be a tight game and could go either way, with a draw the likeliest outcome, which I’d imagine Rovers will be happy enough with. If we have any serious notions of winning the league then we have to win tomorrow. In a way it’s a free hit of sorts for Dundalk, no one really expects Rovers not to win the league and we should have Europe fairly sown up now, so hopefully Dundalk play with a bit of freedom and lack of pressure tomorrow.
    I’m looking forward to going up but as mentioned by previous posters I don’t think the crowd will be as good as if it was on a Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Will still be kissing Gartland and Mountney..
    You’ll be what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Mountney while he had the ponytail u could say you were confused but Gartland is hard to be confused about

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast