Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Carmarthen 5-1 Longford Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    Wtf???? Barcelona wouldn't even lower themselves to play them.
    They'd only lower themselves if they would not want to play them. Every decent person is disgusted when a club looks down on a more amateur-wise team and think they're too good to play them.

Which is why every Aussie should be ashamed ; Australia leaving the OFC because they feel too good to play Tonga and Vanuatu actually makes them much lower and less respectful than Tonga and Vanuatu. Your post is more or less the same ; you gotta respect those amateurs who sacrifice their spare time to play soccer, and who give themselves 100% despite the many defeats. That's the true spirit of football ; not some overpaid star who feels to good to play the likes of an amateur team.

And taking the European spot away from the Cup is ridiculous. I think it is fantastic that a second or third division team has a chance of qualifying for Europe ; which is why is always hope that a non-Premiership team wins the cup.
    Football would not survive if there aren't any more minnows from a low-level league that stun the world by beating a giant. It's those things that keep the sport alive and keep on making it exciting. It's weird to say, but we should all be glad we still have teams like Carmarthen. Just like we should be as happy to have Luxembourg as we are to have Brazil.
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Which is why every Aussie should be ashamed ; Australia leaving the OFC because they feel too good to play Tonga and Vanuatu actually makes them much lower and less respectful than Tonga and Vanuatu.
    To take this wildly off topic...

I disagree with you there, it wasn't that the Aussies were too good to play these teams just they would have a better and fairer chance of qualifying for the world cup playing in Asia. Essentially having qualification based on one play off game against a South American team wasn't really right and this was a better and fairer way for them to qualify for the world cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Matthews has to go .. Cant see why you lot are sticking by him. He is too small minded for any club in this league. How many good players is he ruining at Longford through negative tactics.

If you take his point that your not good enough to get past the fulltime teams like Shels Cork Drogheda and maybe Bohs and Derry and you also go along with his idea that you are doing well to qualify for europe nevermind win a round then what more can he do?

What is he there for ?

Surely coming 4th or 5th in the League winning the FAI Cup and egtting knocked out of Europe every year is the best it gets!!! Where is the ambition?

I have to say he is one useless manager. Not as bad as Paul Doolin but close enough

Try Pat Scully? Pat Dolan !!
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins
    Matthews has to go .. Cant see why you lot are sticking by him. He is too small minded for any club in this league. How many good players is he ruining at Longford through negative tactics.

If you take his point that your not good enough to get past the fulltime teams like Shels Cork Drogheda and maybe Bohs and Derry and you also go along with his idea that you are doing well to qualify for europe nevermind win a round then what more can he do?

What is he there for ?

Surely coming 4th or 5th in the League winning the FAI Cup and egtting knocked out of Europe every year is the best it gets!!! Where is the ambition?

I have to say he is one useless manager. Not as bad as Paul Doolin but close enough

Try Pat Scully? Pat Dolan !!

Here here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Its over matthews has to go.. camarathen was the final straw. We are a laughing stock. The lowest point as an ltfc fan, its wors than ten years ago when we were getting beaten by that score and sitting bottom of the 1st division. No doubt matthews will have some crappy excuse as usual. Well whatever you say alan its not good enough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallanted
    Last year we were beaten by a poor team from liechtenstein who played in the swiss 2nd division.. some fans use the excuse they had 8 liechtenstein internationals.. so what they were crap.
    Well done for acknowledging the truth. So what if they had 8 Liechtenstein internationals in their side? Shels have 3 players in the Ireland international squad, 2 of whom have been capped. All three players concerned are way better than Vaduz players, and they score goals in Europe. Scared of playing Shels now, are you? Didn't think so, so why should you be scared of playing an unfit Swiss second division side? The truth is that you rolled over and held out the white flag instead. No Irish side has ever got as good a draw in Europe as playing Carmanthen or Vaduz before, others have had to go to remote outposts on the far side of Europe in intimidating atmospheres, and bring back results. Then they have the right to complain, when it all goes pear-shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    you have no idea the pain and embarrassment us town fans are feeling at the moment
    Oh yes, we can. Compared to our problems, yours are just an inconvenience.

Do you have a club licence?
    Do you have a ground to call your own?
    Were you deducted points by the federation?
    Are you bottom of the table, by default?
    Have you been in examinership?
    Did you face liquidation recently?
    Are all your players available on free transfers?
    How many members of your squad have had to take wage cuts?
    Do you know who will play for your team next week?
    Are you currently trying to get enough points to beat the drop?

That's pain. That's embarrassment. Compared to the problems at Shamrock Rovers, you lot don't understand what pain and embarrassment is.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Never have I been so embarressed after a game.Disgraceful performance, just unbelievable. I really dont know how we are going to recover from this. Apart from Kirbs not one player looked interested, apart from their penalty not one goal had an ounce of quality. You wouldnt see the likes of it at a schoolboy game.

Too the team: This was your chance to prove everyone wrong after last years defeat and you have blown it again. The weird thing is,its us supporters that travelled etc that have to put up with flack and feel the embarresment. Someone somewhere has to stand up and take responsibility for this disaster.

Too the supporters: Well done to all that travelled but to those of you "so called supporters" who personally abused players after the game, you lot are a disgrace and a let down to the club.

Well done to Carmarthen and thank you for the welcome we received. Best of luck in the next round.
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    "so called supporters" who personally abused players after the game, you lot are a disgrace and a let down to the club.
    They did not let down the club as much as the losers who clapped the team off. You lot are DISGRACE.The best way of dealing with a result like that was to walk away in silence with your haed down in embarrasement but certainly not to clap them after a gutless performance like that.I mean Milo Corcoran travelled to the game instead of going to the Cork City game in Turners cross to see us humiliate the league against a bunch of nobodies was one of the worst aspects of it aside from the fact that the team as you say basides Kirby didnt give ****. I stood there in dejection with a few mates after the game while all the players walked by. Only 3 players apologised for us travelling 1000 miles to watch that ****. DIgger Kirby and PRUNTY. Prunty the man was on the bench what was he apologising for.FFS its prics like Barry Fergson and Dessie who have been disgracing the club since the seasons beginning that should be apologising to the fans not a man who sat on the bench. To the Bohs and Derry fan who travelled to the game I apologise on behalf of foot.iers fior putting you through that a night to forget!!!!
    Last edited by Sonic; 30/07/2005 at 1:42 PM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    i have only started to pluck the courage to go onto this messageboard as I as a town supporter has never felt so demoralised and humilated.

it has being said to me that baker did not seem too worried about what happened and alan murph was seen laughing after the game-now we know why. I am just wondering why the row with matthews and murphy brewed up and why? the timing of it was wrong and it obviously affected the players going onto the pitch. i feel sorry for dc steve and reiteoir that travelled long distances to come to the game.

the reaction after the game was strange-some people were booing the team,some were appluading the team,some were chanting carmarthen and some turned their backs on the team! all i did was shout at callaghan and a few players "where was the passion?"

what really got my nose is that at the drogs game yesterday is certain people are disgusted with section o for what they did at the game. what did we do wrong?

i have certain people wondering why I did not go the drogs game yesterday -that was because i was scheduled to work on a sunday and could not swap with someone. The majoirity of the section o lads were scattered all over the ground in wales! the ones i felt that were causing the trouble at the end of the match was certain members of the stand that always do this!

at one stage a prominent section o member stormed to one particular person who was abusing the team and he told him to shut the f%%%ck up after the match ! its people who abuse the team that embarrase the club!

it will take me weeks and months to get over this! i wasted a lot of hard earned money to support them and was let down very badly! i will be attending the bohs match this saturday but I will be very reserved at the game! how can anyone get over this result very quickly? the last time i felt this low was the dublin city game last season and before that the shamrock rovers massacre in flancare three weeks ago!

im sorry but the team has a lot of explaining to do to the supporters and they better get their act together! im hoping the new signings might help matters! i just hope and pray that the team get off their fat backside and make it up to the supporters fast!

attendances will suffer over this and i feel a lot of the passion from a lot of the supporters is going to disappear fast!

a very disgruntled and annoyed supporter,
    Last edited by Martinho II; 01/08/2005 at 3:35 PM.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    having not been at the match, i can only imagine how p!ssed off the fans are. But what puzzles me is that our fans seem to be turning on each other. Again. It also puzzles me that how can you not have passion for the next round in Europe, we knew what was at stake, so why did we take the foot off the pedal? Surely the reward of another game in round speaks for itself! it seem that a few of the players didnt play for the manager, if thats the case, they know where the door is. Didnt get to the game, but was telling everyone i knew over about Longford Town in Europe, had a few people looking out for the result, and just ended up with egg on our face. Its embarassing, and we need to know why we buckled.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My first chance to post since the match and i could go on and on but i won't.
    We just didn't turn up on the night and Carmarthen wanted to win the match and got a bit of luck and that's it.
    For so many players to have an off night is unbelieveable.The back 4 have been a rock all season and they just collapsed.The tactics were all wrong and the most annoying thing of all is that when we knocked it around we took them apart.It seemed that Matthews stood by and let it all happen.The man likes his praise he should be willing to listen to his critics.We know the result was a disgrace and we let everyone in the league but it's over.It's typical of the EL that other fans come on here and kick us when we're down but if there is one thing i have learned from following football is that you should never taunt other fans because your humiliation may just be around the corner.We've all had our bad nights in Europe so those of you who are taking the high and mighty ground with us clearly have no idea what your spouting.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    What did section O do ??

(Agree with you about the Dublin City result last year - I think that result was worse than Camarthen !!)

How do you make that out huh??? Lost by one goal to Dublin City Lost by 4 goals to a team worse than City.FOOL

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    What did section O do ??

(Agree with you about the Dublin City result last year - I think that result was worse than Camarthen !!)
    we did nothing thats the worst thing. i was told by a section o representive who was at the drogheda game that certain supporters thought that section o was booing the players! not true at all! all our own lads were scattered over the ground! people were saying at the drogs game that section o was a disgrace to the club!

nothing like a good rumour to spread about.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Football would not survive if there aren't any more minnows from a low-level league that stun the world by beating a giant. It's those things that keep the sport alive and keep on making it exciting.
    Good point. Doesn't make it feel any better for Longford fans though!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTINHO II
    it will take me weeks and months to get over this! i wasted a lot of hard earned money to support them and was let down very badly!
    Pity for you that I didn't win the Euromillions, had thought of refunding Longford fans the cost of the travel and tickets out of sympathy if I did .
    Maybe the club should do something like lay on free buses to a key away game???

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No-one outside of LTFC supporters would've taken notice of a match vs Dublin City, whereas plenty of non-eL fans would have taken notice of the UEFA results. It's safe to say that Longford dragged the reputation of the league through the mud ( as did Shels when they losts to Hibernians of Malta ) and we will be slow to encourage new fans if they see those kind of results.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I've been off for a couple of weeks since the match, so only posting now....

Totally embarrassement is the only thing I can say, and there really is no excuse. The only explanation is the players thought it was as much of a foregone conclusion as we all did.

My immediate reaction was to say that matthews had to go, but in the cold and sober light of day I've rowed back from that position. However, I would expect at least a better league finish to compensate at least.

I said before the game that they'd be no excuse this year, there still isn't. Worst I've felt at a match since Anfield 1992.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    First leg result: Kobenhavn2 Carmarthen 0. No chance in 2nd leg for the welsh minnows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    First leg result: Kobenhavn2 Carmarthen 0. No chance in 2nd leg for the welsh minnows
    .....and there wasn't. Copenhagen didn't do a Longford and won 2-0 in Newtown. Now why couldn't Longford do that???
    Copenhagen travel to Hamburg in the next round.

Btw, the "great" Vaduz took the lead away to Besiktas, which the home side were deeply offended by. Besiktas eventually won it 5-1. See, not that difficult to do, is it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My post - go build a ground.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast