Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outside Revenue coming into Ireland from the LOI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    With the new gambling laws I’d say sponsorship for sports teams will be affected ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Wasn't there a rumour a few years ago that Red Bull were going to buy a non Dublin city based team (Galway or Waterford)?
    That does sound like bull. If you look at the clubs Red Bull get involved with, they're either where the company is based/was born (Austria) or are in major markets (Germany, US). Why would they bother with Ireland ? Genuinely. Especially as it would start to create problems for them re European football as a result of owning multiple clubs in the same competitions.

Red Bull looked at buying an English club about 15yrs ago (a friend of mine was tasked with it). He was under instructions to identify one in the London area that was outside the top tier. The idea that Red Bull would want a club in Ireland at all is fanciful. The notion that they'd then want one not in the only decent-sized metropolis in Ireland but that was in what are effectively small towns that are either side of 50,000 people just feels bonkers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    With the new gambling laws I’d say sponsorship for sports teams will be affected ?
    Yeah but not too many clubs here have deals with bookmakers. I think Rovers deal with 888 is over anyway and I'd imagine Dundalk's with RegalBet is too.

I don't know what kind of money these were for but I wouldn't say either club will struggle for a new main sponsor.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Apparently Dundalk's deal with BetRegal has another year to go. Don't see how they can wear that on their shirts once the new law comes in unless they want to kick off after 9.30pm.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Apparently Dundalk's deal with BetRegal has another year to go. Don't see how they can wear that on their shirts once the new law comes in unless they want to kick off after 9.30pm.
    Peak6 said it was the highest sponsorship deal in LOI. Now that is Peak6, and that deal was struck when we were topping tables, but it was said they were good in generating new streams of commercial revenue for the club.
    Last edited by Kiki Balboa; 15/11/2022 at 7:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Won't be in with immediate effect if imagine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    That does sound like bull. If you look at the clubs Red Bull get involved with, they're either where the company is based/was born (Austria) or are in major markets (Germany, US). Why would they bother with Ireland ? Genuinely. Especially as it would start to create problems for them re European football as a result of owning multiple clubs in the same competitions.

Red Bull looked at buying an English club about 15yrs ago (a friend of mine was tasked with it). He was under instructions to identify one in the London area that was outside the top tier. The idea that Red Bull would want a club in Ireland at all is fanciful. The notion that they'd then want one not in the only decent-sized metropolis in Ireland but that was in what are effectively small towns that are either side of 50,000 people just feels bonkers.
    Alright, settle down... was only a rumour I remember reading on this forum.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    The Investment in Cork City just announced.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...z8mv6tcX_nsACg

7 figure investment in Shels from Southamptons owners..........
    Now a rival bid for Shels investment reportedly from a US billionaire with a background in property!

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...uy-stake-club/
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    https://www.the42.ie/loi-transfer-fe...urce=shortlink

Not exactly sure on the accuracy of these figures but I'm guessing it can't be foo far wrong given its FIFA?

Have to say I thought it'd take much more than a decade after Brexit for us to hit 6mil+ in transfer fees. These to me look like massively impressive numbers. Transfer fees are the key to profitable clubs here.

I wonder what proportion of this is Rovers? Id guess the large majority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Better than it was, and the affiliation fee being gone makes a difference to the clubs outside the Euro places too.

Don't really know why the huge gap for the top two though given Euro qualification will just accentuate that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Better than it was, and the affiliation fee being gone makes a difference to the clubs outside the Euro places too.

Don't really know why the huge gap for the top two though given Euro qualification will just accentuate that.
    True, better than it was but still rubbish.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Given how the cost of everything has gone up noticeably over the last year, for the FAI to not increase prize money is essentially providing a reduction.

I know they have financial issues (entirely of their own making), but the FAI need to get the total prize fund for domestic football up to €1m in the next few years to be seen to be taking it at least vaguely seriously for once. €1m isn't actually that big a sum for them if we're honest. I think Delaney was spending that on his 'expensed' birthday parties

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Given how the cost of everything has gone up noticeably over the last year, for the FAI to not increase prize money is essentially providing a reduction.

I know they have financial issues (entirely of their own making), but the FAI need to get the total prize fund for domestic football up to €1m in the next few years to be seen to be taking it at least vaguely seriously for once. €1m isn't actually that big a sum for them if we're honest. I think Delaney was spending that on his 'expensed' birthday parties
    You're right, 1m is a fraction of what they’ll make from ticket sales from the France match in March alone. Usually Ireland will get one proper ‘big hitter’ in the group which could be budgeted for but the fact we’ve also got Holland in the group is surely an unexpected bonus for the FAI (strictly financially speaking of course) so throwing some breadcrumbs to the problem child is the least they could do
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Would have said the minimum is that prize money should be doubled across the board before it can be taken seriously.

The amounts need to be more evenly spread too. Yes, title winners get the biggest share, but it's way out of proportion too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Would have said the minimum is that prize money should be doubled across the board before it can be taken seriously.

The amounts need to be more evenly spread too. Yes, title winners get the biggest share, but it's way out of proportion too.
    Agree. Especially in light of the European money, which should be factored in to the tiering/allocation. Otherwise the FAI will essentially be fuelling a widening gap at the tope levels of the game.

I bet they've never even considered any of that though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

They will argue that the numbers are the same and if costs have gone up it not their issue, but I totally understand what you are saying. However I do feel its up to clubs to be inventive in how they raise sponsorship and show value to the sponsors. They also need to be more inventive as to how they raise funds. It would be a sad state of affairs if they were totally dependent on the prize money that will arrive at the end of the season. I do agree that the prize money should be better for the hard work put in by every club in each division.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12