Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 12th to 15th August

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    UCD red card,again I don’t know what for my stream went down!
    Second yellow for Keane - of the unclear penalty booking. Didn't see what it was for but people saying it was a clash of heads or maybe an elbow (but that wouldn't be a second yellow?)

Actually a great game between two crap sides; really enjoyable evening. I'm sure Harps fans won't agree of course and can understand that. But plenty of chances and excitement, cracking goal, red card bit of a fight - what more can you ask for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Results tonight means our game down in Cork is huge. Utter rollercoaster of a season, a lot of hope ahead of the game. But anything we’d a chance or hope this season we made a balls of it. Looking forward to game now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    So typical of us. Play well, lots of chances, concede a ridiculous goal and lose the match. I do think Long should go at the end of the season. We are going backwards in the league and need someone new in, who will have fresh ideas and maybe take the club forward again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Second yellow for Keane - of the unclear penalty booking. Didn't see what it was for but people saying it was a clash of heads or maybe an elbow (but that wouldn't be a second yellow?)

Actually a great game between two crap sides; really enjoyable evening. I'm sure Harps fans won't agree of course and can understand that. But plenty of chances and excitement, cracking goal, red card bit of a fight - what more can you ask for?
    I thought it was an awful game between two awful sides to be honest.

Keane was probably lucky not to get a straight red for leading with the elbow into the tackle. The other lad who nearly sliced Ryan Connolly in half can count himself lucky to have stayed on the pitch too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Horrible stuff from us tonight. Good thing is Galway also lost. We can't afford another performance like that on Monday against a Waterford side that will be up for it after their win.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    On me holiers, didn't see the game, but result for the students. Harps must be shocking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Good chance the 2 longest serving managers in the league won’t be around next season,Long and Ollie on shaky ground at this stage….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I thought it was an awful game between two awful sides to be honest.
    Someone needs a tickle!

Here's that Caffrey goal btw -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Well that was fun in the end. Didnt think we would hold out. Rub of the green with the goal, rub of the green that Bohs didnt score and maybe another rub of the green with the Derry Rovers draw. I hope games in hand are as useful to the teams around us as they were to us. Its mad how a couple of games can change the look of a league table, very last minute point against Derry, hanging on for 3 points away to Bohs, Derry and Rovers draw with a head to head with the top 2 and a derby just around the corner. Could be a pivotal week in Dundalks season, last weeks game in Oriel would have given Dundalk a boost and was a kick in the nads for Derry. That we stuck it out tonight with ten men showed a steeliness. But its the hope that kills and could be all change in a few week again.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 12/08/2022 at 10:06 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Ollie and Long to swap jobs and continue the fun times for bohs and harps fans….
    Awful stuff from us in dalymount tonight, any kind of coherent game plan and a Dundalk missing hooooban and down to 10, rolling about the pitch feigning injury from 60 minutes on, ffs we have to at the very least draw and expect to win it.
    Longs tactical naivety(he’s by no means alone in this league, one trick pony’s all of them)and failure to get a reasonably settled squad from the off, have cost us big time.
    Entertaining game only in its sheer frantic hit and hope style football, good 3 points for Dundalk but that team won’t be bothering shams too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    So typical of us. Play well, lots of chances, concede a ridiculous goal and lose the match. I do think Long should go at the end of the season. We are going backwards in the league and need someone new in, who will have fresh ideas and maybe take the club forward again.
    If the game stays 11 v 11, Dundalk win comfortably. The sending off was a leveller and Bohs still created very little.

Bohs started well without creating anything but after 15 minutes we took control. Could have had 2 penalties, one was stonewall, one off the line and a good save from Ryan (who was pretty poor otherwise) from Martin. Second half started the same way and there was only one team going to score until the sending off.

Too many new signings starting for Bohs and the lack of cohesion and understanding was obvious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    good 3 points for Dundalk but that team won’t be bothering shams too much.
    So everyone keeps saying.....

Honestly though, yeah we won't challenge. Don't have the squad and the injuries and suspensions are mounting. We should be nowhere near second or even the top 3, but O'Donnell is a class act, who knows......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    So everyone keeps saying.....

Honestly though, yeah we won't challenge. Don't have the squad and the injuries and suspensions are mounting. We should be nowhere near second or even the top 3, but O'Donnell is a class act, who knows......
    True that, and I’d love to think you lot would take it but nah, can’t see it.
    Good sum up of the match though, totally agree 11 v 11 you’re winning all day. Annoying ******* false injury ****e though, ffs yore better than that.
    Was watching rovers last week and Gary o neill , a really good player, did his usual( seen him do it several times now) dive to the ground with a scream, holding his head and lay still.
    Gets free kick hops up and wanders off with a false limp and head rub.
    This cheapens a lad really seriously hurt imo and should be stamped out of our game.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m not talking about a dive, that’s here to stay but that lay still, **** me id jump on the **** if he tried that
    on me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Not a hope in hell of Dundalk hunting down Rovers over the season! We are far too likely to drop points to Drogs/UCD/Harps etc. but it is good to hope for a tighter league race - Rovers can step up a gear if they need to that I dont think Dundalk or Derry among others can. I did kinda enjoy the dark arts late in the game in Dalymount - I dont know why people get pished at it so muc as every team is guilty of it or could do it themselves. Its not good for the game but if its good for yer team I would take it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Watched it. Have to say a good game, Bohs on top the Dundalk on top through a silly goal then the sending off. Bohs hit the post. Exciting stuff. I know someone on this sit complained about time wasting, well Dundalk we're the masters tonight, players on the ground everywhere. Can't complain though.
    Anseo!
    T'was me giving it loads last week about Brian Maher,'s time wasting in our match v Derry.👍
    Dundalk employed every trick and a few more last night on that one have to admit but in completely different circumstances.
    Done brilliantly to see the game out with bohs bereft of ideas.
    Big game on Sunday week now v rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Excellent win for Waterford over Galway at the RSC. 2nd half was as good as we've played all season and first time we beat one of the top 2. The players and fans were really up for it last night. Cork surprisingly losing at home to Treaty keeps a slim chance of us catching them alive if we win at Turners Cross on Monday night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Excellent win for Waterford over Galway at the RSC. 2nd half was as good as we've played all season and first time we beat one of the top 2. The players and fans were really up for it last night. Cork surprisingly losing at home to Treaty keeps a slim chance of us catching them alive if we win at Turners Cross on Monday night.
    Interesting post match interview with Doherty - apparently Duff marches off at the end and didn’t shake hands .. love the line from a Doherty that “real shelbourne” people did shake his hand (it’s on the league of Ireland Facebook page - I don’t know how to link it here). Duff seems a very funny fish tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Interesting post match interview with Doherty - apparently Duff marches off at the end and didn’t shake hands .. love the line from a Doherty that “real shelbourne” people did shake his hand (it’s on the league of Ireland Facebook page - I don’t know how to link it here). Duff seems a very funny fish tbh
    I see a post on the Sherbourne Facebook page calling him out for his antics on the sidelines and that it encourages some of the bad behaviour from their crowd. He was a bit too far from me to see anything specific but thought it was interesting. At one stage there was an element of tension to the game that I though was going to boil over but it didn't and the Shels fans gave Kev a massive reception when he went over to them.

Any idea what the long hold up was during the second half?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Biggest crime of the night was 3 minutes of the Match of the Day intro as the teams came on. Jesus fckin wept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    harps only have themselves to blame, keeping onto horgan this long.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast