Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drogheda v UCD August 1st 17::00

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Just noticed that Drogs are wearing their home kit with sky blue sleeves today against UCD's away kit which also has sky blue sleeves.

Meanwhile stupid kit changes have been forced this season when Pats play at home to Bohs and home/away against Dundak over the supposed issue of white sleeves on both teams jerseys. The mind continues to boggle with LOI refs!
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    That's a useful point, and it will still all boil down to the two head to heads v Haros, which I expect we will get something out of. Play off very much within reach now

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Ah ok, makes sense if he’s not studying there I suppose although I thought that was the UCD model that players had to be doing a course there no?

I hadn’t heard anything from Clancy/Pats in interviews about Lonergan at all, it was actually Conan Byrne on commentary of a match or on twitter (can’t remember which) that I heard Pats had tried to keep him
    I had heard Conan Byrne saying that alright. No the model has changed at UCD. At the start of this season, I think close to half the squad were not current students.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Started both halves strong but dropped the levels and ultimately we could have won or could have lost. All in all another point on the board.

Daragh Markey the best player on the pitch.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Happy out with that. Not the worst game of ball ever. Also good that Lonergan managed to talk the ref into rescinding the red card at the end. Not the ref's finest hour to send a guy off for two yellows and then realise he hadn't booked him.

Harps at home next is a huge game in the race to lose the playoff final. Last time we played then, we went into the game seven points behind; now we're a point ahead, but haven't won at home all season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackend6 View Post
    Started both halves strong but dropped the levels and ultimately we could have won or could have lost. All in all another point on the board.

Daragh Markey the best player on the pitch.
    You know I’m torn .. 2pts dropped or a point life line to UCD that may see them stay up and have them as number 1 to go down next season rather than a cash rich Galway coming up (as an example) - only time will tell …
    Drogheda United in this together

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Happy out with that. Not the worst game of ball ever. Also good that Lonergan managed to talk the ref into rescinding the red card at the end. Not the ref's finest hour to send a guy off for two yellows and then realise he hadn't booked him.

Harps at home next is a huge game in the race to lose the playoff final. Last time we played then, we went into the game seven points behind; now we're a point ahead, but haven't won at home all season
    I'm far from sure we will lose the play off final Stu, admittedly if its Galway, I think we are done, but Galway have own their play off chances two seasons running before the final, and could easily do it again, which would leave Waterford, Treaty, Longford as the likely beneficiaries, and I'd well fancy our chances against any of them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Waterford seem to have copped onto themselves this season - would you be confident against them?

Treaty or Longford - yeah, that wouldn't be bad, though you're relying on Galway screwing up again. It'd be funny if they messed up again, but...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Just noticed that Drogs are wearing their home kit with sky blue sleeves today against UCD's away kit which also has sky blue sleeves.

Meanwhile stupid kit changes have been forced this season when Pats play at home to Bohs and home/away against Dundalk over the supposed issue of white sleeves on both teams jerseys. The mind continues to boggle with LOI refs!
    Worse, both Pats (mostly white top) and Dundalk (all red) played in changed strip for the league game in Richmond Park in mid July!

Actually come to think of it for the previous game in oriel park, Pats also wore their same white top, while Dundalk wore Amber / Black stripes.

There was also a time from around 2009 onwards when refs wouldn't allow Bohs to wear black shorts in oriel park, they changed to white, which looked cool actually, but that seems to have been dropped, same for Derry when visiting if they play first kit, so there is no logic in any of these changes 10 years or more later.
    Last edited by oriel; 01/08/2022 at 7:50 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Waterford seem to have copped onto themselves this season - would you be confident against them?

Treaty or Longford - yeah, that wouldn't be bad, though you're relying on Galway screwing up again. It'd be funny if they messed up again, but...
    It would be funny for sure if Galway blew it again, full time, paying big money etc.. Re Waterford, I wouldn't be confident, but many a false dawn there, one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that. Lets see how they finish out the season. Longford are muck and Treaty workmanlike at best. Long way to go either way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Wexford will beat the lot of them

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Worse, both Pats (mostly white top) and Dundalk (all red) played in changed strip for the league game in Richmond Park in mid July!

Actually come to think of it for the previous game in oriel park, Pats also wore their same white top, while Dundalk wore Amber / Black stripes.

There was also a time from around 2009 onwards when refs wouldn't allow Bohs to wear black shorts in oriel park, they changed to white, which looked cool actually, but that seems to have been dropped, same for Derry when visiting if they play first kit, so there is no logic in any of these changes 10 years or more later.

Just to make it make even less sense, Pats have been allowed to wear an all white goalkeeper jersey even when they wear the home jersey, including in that game in Oriel with saw Dundalk change to the black/orange due to a supposed white on white sleeve clash

https://www.sportsfile.com/id/2246555/
    Paaatrick's Agletic

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    You know I’m torn .. 2pts dropped or a point life line to UCD that may see them stay up and have them as number 1 to go down next season rather than a cash rich Galway coming up (as an example) - only time will tell …
    I enjoy this calculated, longer-term fatalism. Even if I don't necessarily think Drogs are destined to struggle next season.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12