Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland v France Ticket Touts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ireland v France Ticket Touts

I've just checked on buyandsell and as expected saw a good few tickets for our big game.We had no problem getting sorted for tickets over in Paris, why should here be any different, its making my blood boil...........how about we do something positive about this.............can we set-up some sort of a poll/petition on this site, about touts and all the tickets they have, and bang it off to the FAI ( with some media attention, surely somebody here knows or works in papers/telly etc). The FAI dont want any more bad publicity, so the only way to stop this madness to make some noise about it, what yez think??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markmc
    how about we do something positive about this.............can we set-up some sort of a poll/petition on this site, about touts and all the tickets they have, and bang it off to the FAI
    A poll/petition is about as positive as Alan Matthews' brand of football!

How about you identify places where tickets are being sold for profit and forward the information to the FAI.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    are the sellers providing seat/stand details? - its the only way its of any use to the fai, even then the useless shower would probably do feck all.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Is it actually illegal in Ireland to sell a ticket for above face value?? I thought it wasn't (not that I am condoning the touting scum - I hate them), but I thought that the reason cops take the tickets of touts outside matches is for street vending without a licence??
    UCD sha-la-la

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenswood
    Is it actually illegal in Ireland to sell a ticket for above face value??
    Whatever about being illegal, it violates the terms associated with the ticket being issued initially. The FAI can refuse entry on that ticket.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    AFAIK some people for the fai are on the streets before the game and they buy tickets from the touts. they then check the numbers on the tickets to see who they originally gave them to and the person is called in to explain why the tickets ended up in the hands of touts.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its getting to be a joke at this stage, whatever the reasons how/why etc, it needs to be stopped. normal fans cant get to the games, while fat cats with loads of cash can easilly afford these tickets from the touts and use them as junkets for business deals

any newspaper journalist on here?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    TBH i think alot of this is a result of the likes of corporate tickets etc. The people who get the tickets are not interested in the game and see the chance to make a handy profit.
    As well as that, how do we not know that touts are on the block booking system. They get the tickets at face value and then flog them on at huge prices.

I know if I had a ticket for the game, I wouldnt sell it for any amount.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    I've just checked on buyandsell and as expected saw a good few tickets for our big game.We had no problem getting sorted for tickets over in Paris, why should here be any different, its making my blood boil...........how about we do something positive about this.............can we set-up some sort of a poll/petition on this site, about touts and all the tickets they have, and bang it off to the FAI ( with some media attention, surely somebody here knows or works in papers/telly etc). The FAI dont want any more bad publicity, so the only way to stop this madness to make some noise about it, what yez think??

Just being on the buy and sell, cant see any tickets for sale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I could only see people looking for tickets.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    I could only see people looking for tickets.
    Same here.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green army
    AFAIK some people for the fai are on the streets before the game and they buy tickets from the touts. they then check the numbers on the tickets to see who they originally gave them to and the person is called in to explain why the tickets ended up in the hands of touts.

I heard this aswell. Great idea too. Much like the reporting of bad behavior at matches your seat is yours and you have responsibilty for that and you can easilly be traced back to it. If I were to get a ticket off a tout I would then report the seat number after the match. There are people that need to be help accountable alright. I reckon closer to the game your're gonna hear more and more about this....prices are gonna go through the roof...and a whole pile of disgusting people are gonna make money off this.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    there seems to be none on buyandsell now, i checked a few weeks back and there was some!!!!! the scumbags are prob waiting for the build-up to the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah I've been checking regularly and there's nothin. Its gonna come down to the last few days before the game in Buy and Sell and the last few minutes outside the ground. Don't know whether to try outside before the game or not cos if I fail I'll have to watch the game in a pub which I bloody hate. I'll prob be priced out of the market anyway, €250 will be my limit-still trying to pull myself out of student debt What do ye all reckon the tout scum will be looking for tickets?

[SIZE=1]before anyone gets all high and mighty and disgusted with me for considering dealing with touts: F**k OFF cos ye are probably the ones with tickets who are't gonna miss it![/SIZE]
    "In life, it aint about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep on moving forward"

Rocky Balboa

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito
    Yeah I've been checking regularly and there's nothin. Its gonna come down to the last few days before the game in Buy and Sell and the last few minutes outside the ground. Don't know whether to try outside before the game or not cos if I fail I'll have to watch the game in a pub which I bloody hate. I'll prob be priced out of the market anyway, €250 will be my limit-still trying to pull myself out of student debt What do ye all reckon the tout scum will be looking for tickets?

[SIZE=1]before anyone gets all high and mighty and disgusted with me for considering dealing with touts: F**k OFF cos ye are probably the ones with tickets who are't gonna miss it![/SIZE]
    €250 DV!! not a hope are them fcukers getting that much off me. You'd get a ticket for that much off one of those hard to get ticket sites now.
    Same predictiment, i dont like watching ireland games in a pub, dunno why just im a nervous wreck usually. I dont think there will be too many tickets for sale on the night anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Why not set up a thread on here where people can list touted seat numbers then present to the FAI.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred
    Why not set up a thread on here where people can list touted seat numbers then present to the FAI.
    Excellent Idea!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes, a wize move!!!!!! how about arranging to meet some of the touts, and have a mate with a digital camera and take pics of the people doing it??????? we can all complain loads about this, but we really should be doing something constructive to stop it?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    yes, a wize move!!!!!! how about arranging to meet some of the touts, and have a mate with a digital camera and take pics of the people doing it??????? we can all complain loads about this, but we really should be doing something constructive to stop it?????
    use a film camera.

Any half arsed lionel hutz will have a digital image struck out as inadmissable.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Why dont we all arrange to meet up, find the touts, beat the crap outta them and take their tickets. They're breaking the law anyway so why cant we
    You know we can take them lads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast