Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Games weekend 22nd 23rd July

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    How did you feel about your team assaulting Conor Kearns in the UCD bowl a few years back when he celebrated?

You're right though. Players celebrating and winding up fans is a beautiful part of the game. I always find it a bit weird when a player like Weir does it as there is no rivalry there but it adds a bit of spice I suppose.
    I genuinely don't remember the kearns incident. However, if as you say he was assaulted the appropriate action should have been taken by the ref and the correct punishment handed out. As a supporter I love to see players celebrate their goals and for us it only hurts until the game is over or its brought up and relived over a pint.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    I genuinely don't remember the kearns incident. However, if as you say he was assaulted the appropriate action should have been taken by the ref and the correct punishment handed out. As a supporter I love to see players celebrate their goals and for us it only hurts until the game is over or its brought up and relived over a pint.
    https://extra.ie/2019/07/16/sport/so...ter-losing-1-0

Weirdly it was Kearns who got the more lengthy ban. Just for celebrating a win and then having his eye gouged. I think Pender got a shorter ban but I'm not sure. It was a bizarre one. But the UCD Bowl is a cauldron.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    https://extra.ie/2019/07/16/sport/so...ter-losing-1-0

Weirdly it was Kearns who got the more lengthy ban. Just for celebrating a win and then having his eye gouged. I think Pender got a shorter ban but I'm not sure. It was a bizarre one. But the UCD Bowl is a cauldron.
    having seen the clip I remember it now. Nothing wrong with the keepers celebration. When smaller clubs pull off a major heist against the bigger clubs emotion and adrenalin kick in. Bohs No 2 was wrong to react they way he did all the rest was handbags at twenty paces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wasn't at the game so can only go on what was included in the highlights but if you're talking about the incident around 4.15 in the video below you need to give your head a wobble - absolutely nothing wrong with that (or with Rovers fans giving him grief in the moment) but to be moaning about it after the fact is a bit much.

Anyway - another good result for us - our results against Bohs and Shels this season probably dictate we'll finish 8. I think at the start of the season I'd have preferred to be a notch higher but it is what it is - at this stage it looks like we're well clear of any relegation worries.

Would love us to give the Cup a good rattle this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS7qLSwG_kw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    The way Weir lifted the elbow it could have been a straight red though hard to see if he connected. Looked like he was trying connect. There have been a lot worse antagonistic goal celebrations but it was a bit childish. Chris Lyons looked like he had a word with him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    having seen the clip I remember it now. Nothing wrong with the keepers celebration. When smaller clubs pull off a major heist against the bigger clubs emotion and adrenalin kick in. Bohs No 2 was wrong to react they way he did all the rest was handbags at twenty paces.
    Your number 2 was Pender and he got a 2 game ban I think which was fair enough. Keith Buckley was the eye gouger and should have been punished fairly severely but the rest was handbags as you say. Just a very over the top reaction for the game that was in it. Glad to hear it wasn't you chasing him up the steps though!
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Your number 2 was Pender and he got a 2 game ban I think which was fair enough. Keith Buckley was the eye gouger and should have been punished fairly severely but the rest was handbags as you say. Just a very over the top reaction for the game that was in it. Glad to hear it wasn't you chasing him up the steps though!
    Probably one very few times ye'd consider being thankful for not having 70k at a LoI game with 500 cameras and to have weeks of debate around one of the most scumbag things to do on a football pitch and shame the game!

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Probably one very few times ye'd consider being thankful for not having 70k at a LoI game with 500 cameras and to have weeks of debate around one of the most scumbag things to do on a football pitch and shame the game!
    I did end up in a very long debate with the bold marinbohs around it...but yeah thankfully it went largely unnoticed.. Although it might have converted a few gaa fans over.......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mackend6 View Post
    I wasn't at the game so can only go on what was included in the highlights but if you're talking about the incident around 4.15 in the video below you need to give your head a wobble - absolutely nothing wrong with that (or with Rovers fans giving him grief in the moment) but to be moaning about it after the fact is a bit much.

Anyway - another good result for us - our results against Bohs and Shels this season probably dictate we'll finish 8. I think at the start of the season I'd have preferred to be a notch higher but it is what it is - at this stage it looks like we're well clear of any relegation worries.

Would love us to give the Cup a good rattle this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS7qLSwG_kw
    One of the sort of amusing about the LOI is when some random opponent who you have never heard of and don't know their name gives it loads celebrating their goal infront of you like a minnow
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    [QUOTE=ontheotherhand;2118118]Your number 2 was Pender and he got a 2 game ban I think which was fair enough. Keith Buckley was the eye gouger and should have been punished fairly severely but the rest was handbags as you say. Just a very over the top reaction for the game that was in it. Glad to hear it wasn't you chasing him up the steps though![/QUOTE
    The lone ranger....... Or more like tonto. It Wasn't me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    [QUOTE=ontheotherhand;2118118]Your number 2 was Pender and he got a 2 game ban I think which was fair enough. Keith Buckley was the eye gouger and should have been punished fairly severely but the rest was handbags as you say. Just a very over the top reaction for the game that was in it. Glad to hear it wasn't you chasing him up the steps though![/QUOTE
    The lone ranger....... Or more like tonto. It Wasn't me

13. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234