First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Match Preview: Dublin City FC v Sligo Rovers FC

DUBLIN CITY PRESS OFFICE - Match Preview: Dublin City FC v Sligo Rovers FC

City bring in UCD's Lynch to bolster title push

DUBLIN CITY FC have added Premier Division UCD's Aidan Lynch to the club's first team squad and he goes straight into the panel for Thursday night's top of the table clash with Sligo Rovers at Richmond Park (7.45pm). Lynch, a vastly experienced eircom League campaigner, can play in a defensive midfield holding position or as a central defender or right full. His addition to the squad will give manager Dermot Keely several options across the back-four and in midfield. Said Keely on the arrival of Lynch to add to the Vikings push for the first division title: "Aidan is a quality player and is a great addition to us. He has bundles of top flight experience under his belt and I'm sure he will be a big success here at Dublin City. I only want to bring in players who will improve on what we have here at the club and Aidan definitely falls into that category. He can give us cover in several poisitons and his versatility and undoubted ability is a decided plus for the club." City will be without Alan Keely (ligaments) for the visit of Sligo while a late decision will be made on central defender Ben Whelehan who has bruised ribs. Definitely out is Paul Shiels who misses out through suspension. Along with Lynch, City welcome back midfielder Ray Scully who returns after serving a one match suspension. It's a big game for City after they lost for the third time this season when going down to Kilkenny City at Buckely Park last weekend and a win would see the Vikings cut Sligo's lead back to two points. "We played well in parts against Kilkenny but some sloppy defending cost us dearly," said manager Keely. "We can't afford to defend like that and expect to win games. Sligo is a big game for us but I have to keep reminding people that the league won't be won this weekend. Yes, we'd like to get the gap back to within striking distance and we'll certainly be looking to bounce back after the setback against Kilkenny City, so in that respuect we'll be going out to win the game." Sligo come into the game on the back of a one-nil success over Kildare County at the Showgrounds although Rovers' 'keeper John O'Hara had to be at his best and pull off several top class saves to keep the resurgent Thoroughbreds at bay. The only goal of the game was scored by Steve Feeney in the 26th minute. Dublin City are slight favourites with Boyle Sports (www.boylesports.com) who make the Vikings 7/5 to win the game with Sligo rated at 8/5 and a draw listed for 11/5. Dublin City have parted company with former Shamrock Rovers defender Pat Deans. Said Chief Executive Ronan Seery: "I'd like to thank Pat for all his efforts on behalf of Dublin City and wish him well for the future."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    Dublin City are slight favourites with Boyle Sports (www.boylesports.com)
    , Why?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Bookies Call Shots

Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    , Why?
    Well ya see just coz ya's are top & all that dosen't automaticaly mean u should be favourites. Do u know where we were last season or wah? It's sometimes based on past critera like & that mixed with other highlighting factors suh as current goal difference etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueviking1980
    Well ya see just coz ya's are top & all that dosen't automaticaly mean u should be favourites. Do u know where we were last season or wah? It's sometimes based on past critera like & that mixed with other highlighting factors suh as current goal difference etc.
    I know all that but I still think we're the better team
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with sligoman, Rovers are a better team, thats why we are 5 points clear

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Rover & Out

... u guys... ... I'll belive THAT wen I see it tomorrow nite...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well get ready then cause rovers are going to beat ya and become 8 points clear

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Up, Up & Away

If that were the case there's no tellin wat we'd do to ya at Showgrounds son!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sligo have every reason to be confident. Bookies don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to the 1st Division, and sometimes the EL in general. That said City have yet to perform ANYwhere near as well as they can against Sligo so far this season. They can be much better than the two 1-1 draws suggested. So let them be confident...we might end up having the last laugh, you never know.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Let It Happen

Hmmm... shall take that with a 'bit 'o salt' ... Sligo have shaped up more solidly than us in recent times, there's no disputin that. The Bookies cud be indeed takin a wild guess. As I said before actions speak louder than words & tomorrow nite's game of the 2 top sides will sum that right up. Was never a better term for, 'May the best team win.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    , Why?
    Maybe cause we scored against the mighty Killkenny City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    ill give 400 euro to anyone who can tell me even ONE sentence that Keely shouts tomorrow night, he sounds like a horse giving birth

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ill have some of that 400 "for f--k sake ref give us something"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Keely won't be saying squat...he's in the stands due to suspension, thus cannot communicate in any way to his team...Maybe he can curse at the ref, but that's what landed him with the suspension so I doubt it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1
    ill give 400 euro to anyone who can tell me even ONE sentence that Keely shouts tomorrow night, he sounds like a horse giving birth
    I think I heard him saying 3:1 to the mighty Blues but I could be pistaken sorry I mean mistaken