Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 15th/17th July

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Who was sent off apart from the Dundalk manager ?
    SO'D got 2 yellows and padge was a straight red.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I forgot about that. It was two yellow cards , must have been for whinging. He didn’t seem to do anything that Doherty didn’t get up if I was neutral. I’m not and I can’t stand the individual so it was a great call by an otherwise questionable referee.
    O’Donnell seemed to grab the ball while it was still on the pitch, (looking to take a quick throw) for his second yellow. He also wouldn’t leave the area, and continued to stand beside the dugout at the top of the steps, and was let get away with it.

On the ref, I thought he gave an awful lot of soft frees to Dundalk. Every time anyone went near Hoban he hit the deck, and usually got himself a free. The penalty shouts I would have to see again. Mark Doyle’s I didn’t think was a pen, Forrestors I was too far away to see, also didn’t get a great view of the one for the new lad, Serge.

I thought we were just about the better team overall, in a pretty tight game. I didn’t see Dundalk scoring, until Adam O’Reillys error and a deflection gave them a goal. Then Tunde had a great chance with the one on one, and Eoin Doyle had the header off the bar. Dundalk did finish quite strongly though and there was a header at the far post late on which could have nicked it. Third time this year that I felt we could and possibly should have got more from games v Dundalk.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    For what it's worth apparently a couple of the Dundalk players mentioned that they thought they got away with one for the challenge on Serge, didn't really get a great view of it myself.

Had the chances to win it regardless, awfully frustrating that we find ourselves primarily in a battle to hang onto 4th right now. Silver lining is that we look like we'll be in a stronger position squad-wise to see the season out with Barrett and Lennon being back, not to mention the new lads should they settle well.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    O’Donnell seemed to grab the ball while it was still on the pitch, (looking to take a quick throw) for his second yellow. He also wouldn’t leave the area, and continued to stand beside the dugout at the top of the steps, and was let get away with it.

On the ref, I thought he gave an awful lot of soft frees to Dundalk. Every time anyone went near Hoban he hit the deck, and usually got himself a free. The penalty shouts I would have to see again. Mark Doyle’s I didn’t think was a pen, Forrestors I was too far away to see, also didn’t get a great view of the one for the new lad, Serge.

I thought we were just about the better team overall, in a pretty tight game. I didn’t see Dundalk scoring, until Adam O’Reillys error and a deflection gave them a goal. Then Tunde had a great chance with the one on one, and Eoin Doyle had the header off the bar. Dundalk did finish quite strongly though and there was a header at the far post late on which could have nicked it. Third time this year that I felt we could and possibly should have got more from games v Dundalk.

I’d like to see the three incidents again but at the time I thought they would have been soft penalties if given and I was close enough to the Forrster and Serge incidents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    For what it's worth apparently a couple of the Dundalk players mentioned that they thought they got away with one for the challenge on Serge, didn't really get a great view of it myself.

Had the chances to win it regardless, awfully frustrating that we find ourselves primarily in a battle to hang onto 4th right now. Silver lining is that we look like we'll be in a stronger position squad-wise to see the season out with Barrett and Lennon being back, not to mention the new lads should they settle well.
    Apparently Forrester mentioned that he was a big diving cheat and should have been sent off. For what it's worth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Apparently Forrester mentioned that he was a big diving cheat and should have been sent off. For what it's worth
    Alright fella calm down. Was only saying what I'd heard, no need to be upset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Athlone 2 up away to Longford,they haven’t beaten them in 9 years…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    And it would be only their second win of the whole season, heaping the pressure on Cobh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    It’s 2-1 already so sorry Athlone I’ve probably jinxed you!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Alright fella calm down. Was only saying what I'd heard, no need to be upset.
    Was only saying what I saw. Thanks for your concern though, I've managed to calm down now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Was only saying what I saw. Thanks for your concern though, I've managed to calm down now
    You haven't mate, you've lost it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Stephen O'Donnell really is the sort of young head coach a clubs needs. Gets carded out of the technical area so dutifully stands behind the dugouts and desists from any coaching. Previous ban for a home game he takes the best seat in the house up in the TV gantry and once again not a word out of him. Oozes class, dedication and loyalty to his club at all times. Just saying what I see also!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    First win for athlone over Longford in 20 el clasicos. Looking at their results this season they have either improved with no manager or Longford had a very bad night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    We were brutal and Athlone ran their holes off to be fair to them. Their keeper made a couple of cracking saves but overall I think they deserved their win. They also celebrated their 3rd goal on the break like they had just won the cup final. All 11 on the pitch and every sub running to the corner going wild. Fair play to them, it meant a lot to them. A good tanking off Waterford and Dundalk in the next 2 weeks could see our season wind down fairly quickly. Grim viewing last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Stephen O'Donnell really is the sort of young head coach a clubs needs. Gets carded out of the technical area so dutifully stands behind the dugouts and desists from any coaching. Previous ban for a home game he takes the best seat in the house up in the TV gantry and once again not a word out of him. Oozes class, dedication and loyalty to his club at all times. Just saying what I see also!
    More fishing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    We were brutal and Athlone ran their holes off to be fair to them. Their keeper made a couple of cracking saves but overall I think they deserved their win. They also celebrated their 3rd goal on the break like they had just won the cup final. All 11 on the pitch and every sub running to the corner going wild. Fair play to them, it meant a lot to them. A good tanking off Waterford and Dundalk in the next 2 weeks could see our season wind down fairly quickly. Grim viewing last night.
    I think they especially celebrated the last goal as it was scored by Adam Lennon, son of the interim manager, on his first game since he decided to leave UCD mid cycle, one of whole bunch of lads that wanted nothing more to do with UCD under the current regime and have jumped ship in this window.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    I think they especially celebrated the last goal as it was scored by Adam Lennon, son of the interim manager, on his first game since he decided to leave UCD mid cycle, one of whole bunch of lads that wanted nothing more to do with UCD under the current regime and have jumped ship in this window.
    I really liked Lennon in his first spell at Athlone, he was absolutely fantastic last night, what a signing for Athlone who with some proper coaching would be much higher up the table they've got some really good young players they just need some leadership and experience around them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post

So what's the difference with that and the deflected goal that Doyle took credit from in some sources, both were essentially OG's. You could argue Pats had more chances to win it, but probably the best opportunity to win it was that unbelievable miss by Kelly's header with minutes to go, and not long after Tunde missed the other end.

Thought in the end 1-1 was a fair enough outcome, but the draw definitely better for us in the race for euro spots, plus we have Pats at home, and Derry still twice to play.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I really liked Lennon in his first spell at Athlone, he was absolutely fantastic last night, what a signing for Athlone who with some proper coaching would be much higher up the table they've got some really good young players they just need some leadership and experience around them.
    Is there any indication on whether Dermot Lennon has taken over Athlone Town fully, or is he still an interim manager?

There was talk of Kilduff and Sheppard taking over, but that seems to have died on the vine.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Can't remember whether it was a closed doors, or limited capacity game, but it was during the time when players bench was in the stands, and he was at Pats, he had a touchline ban, so took the opportunity to sit in beside the Harps players in the stand about 15 yards from the Pats dugout shouting out orders for about five or ten minutes until one of Harps officials came over and told him to **** off somewhere else.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast