Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programmes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Foot.ie! Programmes

Hi there,

I'm a Limerick-based collector and I'm trying to get the following. I'm happy to buy and have some items I could swap too, if anyone has spare programmes and is interested!

Cheers!

The replayed FAI Cup Final in 1971(Limerick v Drogheda)

The League of Ireland Final matches in the 1959–60 (Dundalk April 10th 1960) and 1979–80 seasons (20th April 1980 teamsheet away to Athlone)

The 1992 (Kilkenny City in Limerick, cant locate a date!), 2012 (home to Longford 6th October 12) 1st Division League of Ireland concluding matches, and 2016 (away to UCD 28th August 2016)

League of Ireland Shield last match -1953-1954 (away Dundalk) and 1984 (semi-final v Galway was the last season programme issued)

Munster Senior Cup - 1937–38 (Cork), 1948–49 (Waterford), 1953–54 (Albert Rovers), 1962–63 (Cork Hibernians), 1976–77 (Cork Celtic, 1984-1985 (Cobh), 1988–89 (Cork), 1994–95 + 2011–12 (Cork)

Dublin City Cup - 1959 (Drumcondra) and 1970 (Waterford)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    If you want to PM me your email address, I can send you a photo of the Athlone teamsheet.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C E Mc View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a Limerick-based collector and I'm trying to get the following. I'm happy to buy and have some items I could swap too, if anyone has spare programmes and is interested!

Cheers!

The replayed FAI Cup Final in 1971(Limerick v Drogheda)

The League of Ireland Final matches in the 1959–60 (Dundalk April 10th 1960) and 1979–80 seasons (20th April 1980 teamsheet away to Athlone)

The 1992 (Kilkenny City in Limerick, cant locate a date!), 2012 (home to Longford 6th October 12) 1st Division League of Ireland concluding matches, and 2016 (away to UCD 28th August 2016)

League of Ireland Shield last match -1953-1954 (away Dundalk) and 1984 (semi-final v Galway was the last season programme issued)

Munster Senior Cup - 1937–38 (Cork), 1948–49 (Waterford), 1953–54 (Albert Rovers), 1962–63 (Cork Hibernians), 1976–77 (Cork Celtic, 1984-1985 (Cobh), 1988–89 (Cork), 1994–95 + 2011–12 (Cork)

Dublin City Cup - 1959 (Drumcondra) and 1970 (Waterford)
    Didnt realise that you are posting here Cliona welcome abroad!!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thanks a mil, Martin! Only joined recently!

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Cheers, Ray!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Not sure how often seand pops on here these day, maybe just has a focus on Dundalk programmes, but Im sure would be able to suggest some possible sources.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Not sure how often seand pops on here these day, maybe just has a focus on Dundalk programmes, but Im sure would be able to suggest some possible sources.
    I normally would see SeanD at the annual programme fair in Dublin but didnt see him this year at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Cheers! If you're talking to him, feel free to let him know! Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Hi, yeh I've not been on here much recently. I'll PM the original poster, hopefully she's still around :-)

Any other programme geeks do feel free to get in touch, I've several boxes of spare programmes, tickets etc and I'm always on the look out for Dundalk stuff, older/rarer Irish in Europe, cup finals, Ireland international etc, etc

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Sean D great to hear from you again! Let me know if you come across any Dundalk Longford Town programs that you have spare as I dont have every program from our meetings at all over the years!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Oh, I'm still here! Have emailed and replied via PM. Thanks so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Tipp studies have put up pdfs of 74 Thurles Town programmes which might be of interest. Mainly home games but a few away ones in there too. To view click: https://www.tippstudiesdigital.ie/it...ion=112&page=1
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

15. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    That's a great haul. From the Thurles v UCD programme in Feb 1980 -

"A season which promised so much earlier on when players gave all that was asked of them but the earlier promise has been dashed completely in the past two months.
    The attitude of some players has been puzzling; the commitment of those players is to say the least inconsistent. One would expect a more professional attitude from professional players."

Not quite sure you'd read that in an LoI match programme these days!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Not quite sure you'd read that in an LoI match programme these days!
    Maybe not in the programme but don’t forget the incident where Mandroiu was listed as ‘gargled’ on a Bohs injury list https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53708169.amp
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry 'da' Wyse View Post
    Tipp studies have put up pdfs of 74 Thurles Town programmes which might be of interest. Mainly home games but a few away ones in there too. To view click: https://www.tippstudiesdigital.ie/it...ion=112&page=1
    Nice idea. My God, they're primitive. Could be from the 19th century.

It seems to be quite difficult to buy programmes these days. Many clubs don't seem to bother selling to away fans.

On another point, I think it should be a basic requirement for a programme to have a list of fixtures and results for/of the club, a league table, and a list of other fixtures that evening (or weekend). Drogheda's programme, which must be one of the poorest in the league, doesn't have any of this.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry 'da' Wyse View Post
    Some wonderful nostalgia contained in that collection… and also a contender for ‘the all time LOI fun fact’

See the Rovers home programme against Thurles from March 1979 , under the pen pictures of the Thurles squad Neville Steedman is described as…. Wait for it….

“….. a former member of Villiage People (YMCA)….” I’m still laughing ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post

On another point, I think it should be a basic requirement for a programme to have a list of fixtures and results for/of the club, a league table, and a list of other fixtures that evening (or weekend). Drogheda's programme, which must be one of the poorest in the league, doesn't have any of this.
    I do this for the Galway United programmes and go probably a bit OTT and include Women’s and Underage tables & Fixtures as well as all from Division 1.

I did have a debate with another person on to how relevant that is now that it’s all available online and is very soon out of date.

That probably is a valid point but I think if people are looking back in years to come it’s always useful to have that reference point of how the team was doing.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

22. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Although there were some issues in the NIFL over the past couple of years there are still some excellent programmes out there in the LOI. In Dublin alone Pats produce a good programme (albeit on bizarrely heavy paper) Bohs have been very consistent for a long time now and is always worth the purchase, UCD's quirky programme has returned to print, Peamount have led the way in the Women's Premier, and of course Rovers have produced a programme of simply fantastic quality for as long as I can remember. In the capital city it is only Shelbourne who embarass themselves with their insulting online efforts, often late, half-arsed and ill-formatted (who wouldn't want to view four pages at a time in an undownloadable pdf), though it must be said that thanks to the supporters Tolka does host the only continuing fanzine. Every one a blessing.

The ones I have grabbed elsewhere have mostly been decent too, Cork, Dundalk, Harps etc. It takes a lot of commitment but they really do add to the matchnight experience and they're great historical documents to boot. Everyone involved in the production has my respect. They aren't for everyone but I really enjoy them, and I find that they are a huge hit with the kids too.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thanks a million, Larry!

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Lived in Donegal for work years ago. Their programmes were fantastic and still are!

28. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast