Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team's best player so far?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts

Your team's best player so far?

WAR made the claim the Gaffney is Rover's best player of the season so far on the matchday thread. I find that hard to disagree with although Lyons, Mandroiu and Grace have all be top class as well.

Who's been your team's best player so far?
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Conor Tourish for us who arrived from Letterkeny Rovers in the off season,he’s small for a CB but reads the game well and has chipped in with a couple of goals,there hasn’t been many tbf but I’d say he’s been the best…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Probably Talbot or Promise for Bohs. Although I'd only call their overall performances acceptable, everyone else have been well below where they should be or downright bad. Devoy for example should be one of the best players in the league but only plays in moments and is carried when we don't have the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Feel like most Pats fans would say Joe Redmond, although even he has dropped off a tad in recent weeks. On the whole I'd say he's been the best, most consistent performer though, in what is otherwise a hugely inconsistent squad of players this season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Conor Tourish for us who arrived from Letterkeny Rovers in the off season,he’s small for a CB but reads the game well and has chipped in with a couple of goals,there hasn’t been many tbf but I’d say he’s been the best…..
    Agree, he is the only one i can't think of that hasn't made silly and costly mistakes
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    He played very well against us last time around.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Joe Redmond would be our best player so far this year. No too far behind would be Tom Grivosti. The rest would be very inconsistent.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    For Shels JJ Lunney has been deservedly receiving plaudits since his return from injury which has coincided with an improvement in our results in the most recent 7 games he has started, he has been a major calming presence for us in the middle of the park offensively and defensively which we lacked at the start of the season

For me it's split between him and Luke Byrne. Luke has started every game and as captain now and he hasn't put much of a foot wrong this season, he had some question marks as a centre half during the short 2020 season when we got relegated and received 3 red cards but he looks completely comfortable now leading our 5 man wing-back defence
    Last edited by total hoofball; 28/06/2022 at 10:26 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Conor Tourish has been very good, but not sure I'd have him as player of the year for us so far. Superb in the air, and 99 out of 100 tackles he'll win, but just lacks a little bit of composure and decision making on the ball. He's a bit like our Shane Duffy.

Ryan Connolly, while having missed a couple of games, has been phenomenal and has been a massive loss in the middle of the park the last few games.

Ethan Boyle also having a very good season after a couple of poor enough years for him. And Elie N'Zeyi easily been the best of the new imports so far.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From a Rovers perspective, it’s hard to know who to go for. Byrne has been underwhelming by his standards, Burke and Mandroiu have been great in patches but a bit inconsistent and no one hugely stands out. Gaffney has been excellent as pointed out above but I think that Lyons would have to get the nod overall. As past of a more honourable and successful team he has grown to excel, understandably the move has suited him. He could definitely play at a higher level, and if he continues his current rate of improvement it could be a much higher level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Keena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Phoenix Patterson for Waterford. Hopefully we can keep him till at least the end of the season. Louis Britton has been good too but his loan spell has ended so he said Monday night was his last game.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Will Patching.

Brian Maher has been an upgrade too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    aaron bolger. matt healy and gilchrist close behind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Phoenix Patterson for Waterford. Hopefully we can keep him till at least the end of the season. Louis Britton has been good too but his loan spell has ended so he said Monday night was his last game.
    any talk of him going? he is class, far far to good for the first division. A PD club could do worse than paying a fee for him. cant believe ye managed to keep a hold of himself and quitirna

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Shane Elworthy having a fantastic season for Town. Best RB in the division for me

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    has to be Redmond

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    For Wexford, it has to be Jack Doherty. Hope he stays. After missing the early part of the season due to injury, Luka Lovic has really got going. For his first LOI season in goal, Alex Moody has been very impressive. Aaron Dobbs seems to be hampered by an injury but his link-up play is talented for a guy who's also good in the air. The management team of Ian Ryan and Lorcan Fitzgerald - ten out of ten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Well we could have put a traffic cone in goal and it would have been an improvement on Abibi. Sheppard has been excellent and stands out all the more with his age. Connolly isnt far behind and there are others that are really coming in to their own as the season progresses. Sometimes the question of what player do you miss most when not available indicates the importance of a player better and for me that is Benson so far.

I should add that we looked fairly toothless without Hoban last game, but not for goals himself, more how he links things up and brings players in to play. The goal scored by Benson, after the super ball in by Macari v Rovers a great example of how Hoban is more than just his goal count. So tbh Im not sure I can really pick one player as the best so far as it has been a real team effort to get us where we are. A bit like the 2014 side where a collective of mostly unknowns won us the league, I hope its a sign of whats to come!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 29/06/2022 at 10:14 PM.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Would go with Dylan Barnett for ourselves. Was signed as a left full I think but has played majority of games at centre half. He's small for a CB but his reading of the game is brilliant so his height isn't a major issue. He just strolls through games, don't recall him having a shocker yet (although I haven't seen every game). A class act.

Honourable mentions to Luke Dennison, Shane Elworthy and Aaron Robinson too. All been consistently very good.

25. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast