Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2022/23

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Gentlemen , the only talk up the northside is pub talk, as always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    A lot on here is in the ball park being correct but if you are going to suggest Cathedral are too strong you must also tar Shandon with that brush.

We all know the Shandon team are the old Cathedral team that competed very well within the 1st division for years.
    But decided hey let’s drop two levels and play below ourselves.

They clearly were too strong for division three and two if they won both leagues with out losing a game in the process.

They aren’t the 1st and won’t be the last but this type of carry on is what kills the whole thing.

Secondly people are quick to run down the AUL but only 13 teams in attendance at the AGM tonight doesn’t really help anyone.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8fromthebeek View Post
    It's easy to blow up cathedral celtic here but in fairness it's easy to win trophys with players that are far to good to be playing in 3rd tier football...aul is a disgrace and well gone by its sell by date .league will be lucky to have 25 teams next year...those running it have a lot to answer for too
    They can only beat what’s put in front of them and they did that. Not their fault division 1 was so poor this year. A lot of teams in that league seem to be in strange place this season. Richmond team of last season would have given them a right battle in the league. Most of the teams in division 1 would have been division 3 standard a few years ago I think.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    If Village go then some will go to Cathedral Celtic in particular, Glenthorn, Knocka & Grattan. It would be a real shame for Village to finish. One team clubs have it tough going forward.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Iv said all along it could get worse and it has,,,,,,not long left now I'm afraid.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    A lot on here is in the ball park being correct but if you are going to suggest Cathedral are too strong you must also tar Shandon with that brush.

We all know the Shandon team are the old Cathedral team that competed very well within the 1st division for years.
    But decided hey let’s drop two levels and play below ourselves.

They clearly were too strong for division three and two if they won both leagues with out losing a game in the process.

They aren’t the 1st and won’t be the last but this type of carry on is what kills the whole thing.

Secondly people are quick to run down the AUL but only 13 teams in attendance at the AGM tonight doesn’t really help anyone.
    Nail on the head here, as bad as the AUL are, they cannot do anything about teams folding when they reach a certain level and start from the bottom again a few seasons later.

Disappointing to hear about the attendance at the AGM, again the league cant be faulted for that. Did any of note happen at it I wonder?

A lot of teams flat out the next week or two playing games every 2/3 days. You would fancy Watergrasshil for the County cup and there is a surprisingly a lot of very good teams in the Corinthians cup when you consider it is for teams knocked out in first round of their own cup. Watergrasshill, Shandon, Temple, Cathedral & Blackstone would all fancy their chances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LetItLong11 View Post
    Nail on the head here, as bad as the AUL are, they cannot do anything about teams folding when they reach a certain level and start from the bottom again a few seasons later.

Disappointing to hear about the attendance at the AGM, again the league cant be faulted for that. Did any of note happen at it I wonder?

A lot of teams flat out the next week or two playing games every 2/3 days. You would fancy Watergrasshil for the County cup and there is a surprisingly a lot of very good teams in the Corinthians cup when you consider it is for teams knocked out in first round of their own cup. Watergrasshill, Shandon, Temple, Cathedral & Blackstone would all fancy their chances.
    The main talk was about the lack of games over the winter months and for clubs to return their entry forms ASAP as they fell they need to restructure the leagues with relegation returning.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    The main talk was about the lack of games over the winter months and for clubs to return their entry forms ASAP as they fell they need to restructure the leagues with relegation returning.
    They need to strengthen premier what ever way they can it’s becoming a one horse race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I suppose the key to anything is that all teams can be competitive in their own division.
    The premier could be the hardest to fix as if one team is a mile ahead of the rest what can you do.

It’s down along where you should be able to achieve more of a balance.

But once again this is where it Is hard the AUL could base it off last season and then a team could be totally different from before and could run away with it.

The clubs should be honest with themselves if this is the case.

But all it takes is it for one club to not be honest and it upsets the whole thing.

The AUL should have the choice to promote clubs or even double promote clubs based on previous years performances.

Unless the club can prove playing personnel has significantly changed

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Each season is really separate now with clubs folding, no relegation and a fix of leagues needed.

Time to throw all teams on paper and put in order who is strongest to weakest right now and make divisions.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Few points:…

Village not folding.

Why would the cow join village if all ye talk about is how bad the AUL is? Cow have games every week not like AUL 3 games a week then nothing for a month! And let’s be honest the top cow players should be MSL premier! They all have there own reasons why they play business league, each to there own.

Cathedral/shandon is a little wide of the mark too..

Cathedral brought in new manager who brought In new players, older players decided they didn’t want to play for him and they/ old cathedral manager started back up shandon who some had played for before .

Bought clubs have moved on and added some great players it’s a credit to work of both clubs what they have achieved. Shows with a little organisation off the pitch you can get fellas to commit and be successful.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Was up watching what I thought would be villages last game, temple had 7 players finished 11-0, the league should have had the cop on to allow the A team to fold and keep the b team in their own league, games like that would turn anybody off football.

From what I was told up there village will not be folding, which is good to see but maybe they would be better off going down to premier A next season if the leagues are being re-structured, same with Glenthorn if I’m being honest from what I seen from them.

Hopefully corkbeg and Springfield kick on from their promising seasons and along with UCC and Grangevale they give coachford a bit of a challenge next season

Something needs to be done about the break from November to February, 3 months with hardly any games is destroying the seasons for a lot of teams, Grattan before the break looked very strong and looked a shadow when they league resumed the last few months

Cathedral came from 2-1 down to beat Kilmichael in an excellent game earlier on, if that team stays together they will have a right tear off the premier A next season

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If we are being honest a lot of clubs should be forced to make the jump, Watergrasshill could play premier, Cathedral really pushed coachford in the AOH this year and with village in the muck I’d imagine there striker would get a few up to Cathedral Temple and shandon should really be push up to premier a I think both clubs need a bit of work before ready for premier, if I’m being honest the aul commute really needs a big year for the next season to redeem themselves for this year

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AULboy View Post
    If we are being honest a lot of clubs should be forced to make the jump, Watergrasshill could play premier, Cathedral really pushed coachford in the AOH this year and with village in the muck I’d imagine there striker would get a few up to Cathedral Temple and shandon should really be push up to premier a I think both clubs need a bit of work before ready for premier, if I’m being honest the aul commute really needs a big year for the next season to redeem themselves for this year
    At this stage teams should just be forced to go up it’s not working something needs to change,7 teams in 1 league and 13 in another only causes problems. ( I know one didn’t make it off the blocks)

With no relegation I presume temple will fold the b team and end up premier.

Lot to be said for making knocka start at the bottom but who does that benefit? The rule is ever year they are out they drop a league. How many years are they gone?

1st division should be good with blackstone, shandon going up and blackpool loads a north side derbys!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    People would want to have a good look at the Aul and it's teams before they make statements about clubs being this an that.

There was a time when we had Leeside, Kinsale ,Wilton,Park an Grattan as the top 5 clubs in premier an they would all at that time of given any senior club a rattle.

Now , Coachford an Grattan slug it out. There's not much between them on any given day.

The same sides that are being touted as possible premier replacements are the same clubs who have had great seasons in fairness but before that dint cause a ripple in the water.

It's a weak league in general so calling yourself the best team in a weak division isn't exactly impressing anyone .

The Aul have the right to restrenghten the league as it sees fit but putting sides in any division should be based on how solid the club is, and not the mercenarys who have chosen to play somewhere else this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are you basing your opinion on experience where you can say you have won leagues that had the Parks,Wiltons,Kinsales, Leesides and Grattan or now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Watergrashill 6 - Bosco's 0 today in county cup.

Watergrashill team are as good of a football team as I seen all year. Outside of Coachford I wouldn't see anyone touching them.

After watching them today I think they would be better placed in premier for next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Watergrasshill will be a key example of the situation the AUL can find themselves in.
    A serious side but now clearly operating in the wrong division.

To be fair to them they probably aren’t going to win their division and they have come from being quite weak to very strong in a season.

But my understanding is unless they are agreeable they only have to go to the second division.

Where all signs point they are clearly good enough for a higher level.

Be interesting to see the reshuffle in divisions over the summer!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Watergrashill 6 - Bosco's 0 today in county cup.

Watergrashill team are as good of a football team as I seen all year. Outside of Coachford I wouldn't see anyone touching them.

After watching them today I think they would be better placed in premier for next season.
    I saw cathedral give coachford a right game and ultimately bad ref costed cathedral plus they have done a double I would think you have to win your league for a post like above..I might be proven wrong Tuesday for me cathedral with the personal there on and off the pitch will get stronger and challenge for honours.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would like to think the people in the back round of these clubs are being realistic in recognising that the short term success they are enjoying has not been a steady progression, rather a sudden change of something that has suddenly resulted in players who they normally wouldn't have now playing with their club.

The Aul would be making a massive mistake in promoting sides who have not earned it, however strong they are.

Winning promotion dose not just build teams, it builds clubs and it separates hard work and effort from the blow in sides that start in the pub an fall apart in the pub.

I'd rather a league built on its clubs than a league supported by short term teams .

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast