Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2022/23

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can't stand people who think they are better because they bought into something better , ya have to earn it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Went up to Knocknaheeney for the game of the day expecting one thing and all I can say is "wow"

You normally go to watch a game like this an end up with a damp squib, this was anything but.

Niggle , off the ball stuff, partisan supporters , superb goals,old school ball an man tackling , christ relit the fires in me heart about the Aul still having a future an don't anyone come on here again saying quality is lacking in the Aul. .

Barry Peelos write up will be interesting.

Grattan 3 Coachford 1.

Grattan played to a man possessed an Coachford to a man had no answer .

JP O Sullivan with a free kick , peno an volley again proved his age is no hindrance to his class in finishing.

Credit Coachford , excellent support on the line .

Big result on Friday,
    Glenthorn beating Wanderers away , Glenthorn by anyone's admission seemed struggling, where as Wanderers seem to be a contender .
    Fair dues to Glenthorn for a smashing result .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Have to say, incredible result for grattan. Incredible result for the whole premier league. Its like when rocky made Ivan Drago bleed and the shout came in "he isn't a machine he is only a man". A lot of teams think they are only playing for second place in that league but grattan proved its all to play for. I know it was the MJC but still fair play to them. As for glenthorn if they have their full team out they are as good as anyone in the aul,hopefully they can keep getting them out now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    After letting the dust settle a bit I am going to go with the following:

Premier 1st Coachford 2nd Grattan (will be very tight though)
    Premier A 1st UCC 2nd Kilumney (Grangevale wont be far away either)
    1st Division 1st Cathedral 2nd Hibs
    2nd Division 1st Blackstone 2nd Shandon
    3rd Division 1st Temple B 2nd Watergrasshill 3rd Grattan B

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This thread is dyin a death lads .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Couldn?t agree more, this was a great forum before but I presume most fellas on it must be gone from football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Premier Coachford
    Grattan
    Premier a Grangevale
    Castleview
    Div 1. Cathedral
    Hibs
    Div 2. Shandon
    Blackstone
    Div 3. Grattan b (nap)
    Watergrasshill
    Prem a is the hardest to call, will be very tight. Them two teams in Tabb and Jamie Donovan have the top strikers. Goals win leagues

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hopefully Grattan can score an early league win over Coachford to make it interesting. Good to see a few good teams in the top two divisions with good quality; Coachford, Gratten, Corkbeg, Wanderers, Springfield, Grangevale, UCC, Castleview, Killumney.

John Corcoran to Cathedral should make them heavy favourites for 1st Division.

Blackstone have had a great start and a massive head start the way fixtures have fallen for them playing 10.

Temple B, Grattan B & Watergrasshill are all handy looking in from outside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I think all of what is being said is fairly close to being correct.

Coachford and Grattan in the premier but it will be a tighter than last season

Premier A is a competitive i wouldn?t be surprised if Killumney and Grangevale were 1 and 2

1st division no real standout team in it Richmond and Cathedral 1 and 2 maybe but in saying that Cathedral have been knocked out of two cups by lower division teams in Temple B and Los Zarcos so you could see them dropping points which could be costly.

Division 2 Shandon and Blackstone have done the early running so this puts them in pole position for promotion.

Division 3 Grattan and Temple 1 and 2 with Watergrasshill 3rd but it?s along season here so 3rd place could change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Huge result for Shandon Celtic today fair play to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Surprising result on Friday night, 1 of very few games that went ahead it seems. Heard through the grapevine a very heated game not helped by some on-field decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I presume that was the Castleview game, Banteer have all their players back so they will be hard to beat down there but it’s still a shock result. All the favourites won again today the aoh will be interesting this year.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    Couldn?t agree more, this was a great forum before but I presume most fellas on it must be gone from football
    Remember when this thread used to hit 130 pages by the end of the season? Be lucky to hit 13 by the end of the season anymore. This thread is like the aul . Boring and dead!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While I argee on the thread dying a death the same can't be said for the AUL as a whole, some great teams involved this year and some great games after being played already. There are a hand full of teams across all divisions doing very well but you have to take into account the **** poor organisation by the league, I know of teams that have 5 league games played and have played the same team twice, refs not being organised for the games so both teams turn up only for the game to be called! And I wouldn't even get started on the standard of the refs this year because its an embarrassment. You can't fault the likes of Coachford, Gratten, Killumney, Grangevale, Corkbeg etc, all clubs being ran very well but as is the case most years they are being let down by the league. With proper organisation it could be made very competitive but you can't show an old dog new tricks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    To be fair to the AUL they are trying to change and change is a hard thing.

They have new blood on the committee they have really upped their social media presence, the results and pictures on Twitter is great, the return of match of the week and team of the month is fantastic.
    They also introduced the premier A cup and changed the format of the mossie at the request of the clubs.

All this is steps in the right direction and wouldn’t have happened previously.

Sure the lack refs and standards of refs isn’t great but this is a problem across the board.

The playing teams twice doesn’t make much sense to be fair.

The no relegation this year isn’t great but I think they had no other option to try and balance numbers.

The AUL is let down by the clubs also take Blarney Sts carry on at the end of last season and John the Boscos too.
    Castlebridge putting a team in only to pull out on the opening day of the season,

And other clubs refusing to be put up.

All clubs need to help the league.

Sure it’s not perfect and can improve but at least they are going in the right direction.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Sometimes it is too late for change. The damage has been done years ago. It is like the AUL has terminal cancer now if you ask me. The amount of teams that have folded or left for the MSL in the last 10 to 15 years is massive. As for refs if anyone fancies being one and thinks they can do better there is courses all the time.

The AUL is not let down by Blarney Street , Boscos and castlebridge. When you have what is mainly teams and not clubs in a league this is what happens. One team clubs is what the aul mainly is . Nothing will stop it happening if the AUL keeps letting clubs fold and re enter or drop down divisions.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Clubs (Teams) doing things like Blarney Street last season is exactly what lets down the league and makes a mockery of any positive efforts from other clubs. The League can only take a club by its word, very hard then to punish after if they no longer exist.

I certainly wouldn't be worrying about a thread on an online forum dying as any sort metric for the league dying, seeing as most fellas under the age of 30 would hardly know what an online forum is. Social Media needs to be 100% embraced by the leagues and teams, plus consistent weekly reports on the league on the Echo if at all possible.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The online work on Twitter and even FB has been a bonus. Barry continues to cover the league weekly on Echo.

I agree that the league can't contol these walkovers. Teams pulling like Blarney Street and Castlebridge are a joke. Quality over quantity. Who cares now if numbers are lower. Imagine having double the number of teams now and having double the issues.

Everyone praising the business league, then quick to lambast the AUL clubs for facilites and for being one team clubs. The business league is very well run, but they also have a huge turnover of teams pulling at end of season. Why? They are one team clubs too. They are progressive, have great Social Media and Website. We could easily be critical of them too; quality, grounds, fixtures on a Sunday, Illegal Players, etc.

Main issue in AUL this season is fixture consistency. League can't control standard of reffing, a team pulling later in year, standards of football, rain, etc!.Fixtures and Communication can improve. But why not volunteer and do something instead of giving out negatively.

Big pluses this year. Some very good teams in Premier & Premier A. Cups runs. Social Media. Some great games. Teams lower down like Watergrasshill, Shandon Celtic, Blackstone all giving it a good go and fair play to them. Easy to lament about the past AUL but things change, we will never have 100+ teams, MSL Clubs won't be back, get over it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Talk about responce, bit of life left in the ol dog yet me thinks.

On the whole football thing , you can't honestly blame any one thing. It's the collective.

Poorly run clubs making it hard for well run clubs, the good refs over run with bad ones an a Aul in transition.

The refs can only accept who comes forward , as with the Aul , there's no guarrentee of success,,,,,I'd say if their being honest the Aul an the referees would love to comment on certain clubs an players like we seem to feel we have a divine right to do on here.

Lads please wake up an don't see the MSL with rose tinted glasses.

They litteraly are making up divisions , there about to hemeridge as well.

There's a premier division that only a few years back was decided by an objection ,,,,what a way to win a league.

Senior 1st an 2nd in facilities only .
    Tracksuits, warm up tops an gear bags, no end of balls an bibs an rubber bands to stretch with. Boards an cones abound. Badges from FIFA, UEFA an IKEA ffs

No quality on the pitch though.

The Aul may not be perfect but it's about the only place you can actually start a team.

The MSL an Buisness league have criteria,ya have to have this an that, the Aul need the basics, much to their cost.

Field, goal posts, set of gear an league fees an away ya go, football at its purest.

I don't see the scorelines in the Aul on a weekly basis that I see in the MSL lower tiers .

So all the facilities on the world don't make up for developing talent .

I see Aul teams trying , mates who manage , an members who do nets an each week they man up . Tis what the Aul is all about.

Don't get me started on the buisness league , facebook , twitter , all social media improvements .

Doolans on their day are a class apart
    or were an the rest just swap players mid season or mid game ffs.

Time to stop whinging an whining an make a difference with your respective clubs on the pitch.

To many small minded clubs an their players only raise themselves for certain games , an roll over the next week.

That for me is what's killing the Aul.

If ye all tried each week as opposed to just when ye play certain clubs then the entire Aul would be better off.

An football in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Another dreadful weekend passes us by lads, it looks like it could be a very busy may and even June for all teams with the way the weather is going.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast