Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2022/23

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads are only human, work an family's come into play, an Westlife 🤣

Coachford an Everton would always be close . Everton are MSL premier Junior champions an make no mistake they are a lot better than a lot of 1st division seniors sides. Great management an super squad. Brilliant clubs as well.

Coachford on their current form when fully stacked would give any senior side a game easily .Best team in the Aul .

The other semi is and was a joke .

Club should be flogged for what they done and I don't care.

Wrong is wrong..

The Aul is trying to build bridges, the Msl is trying to move towards them the Buisness league an the WCL, that club completely made a mockery of what was trying to be achieved..

Can't wait to hear the excuse

I'd encourage anyone to be at the Cross next Friday for a proper Northside /Southside ding dong

2 proper old school Cork clubs .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Ya Corinthains surely could have fielded a team from Under 18s up!! Huge numbers to fulfill the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    did everton replace their senior squad with the junior side from last year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No, but will undoubtedly lose a few players to the seniors but should still have a plenty to remain competitive in Junior Premier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Great to have the season back up and running if clubs get lucky could have 6 games done by the end of August a real positive.

On the negative I hear one of the new teams might not have made it out of the starting blocks

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Great to have the season back up and running if clubs get lucky could have 6 games done by the end of August a real positive.

On the negative I hear one of the new teams might not have made it out of the starting blocks

2 games off in the 3rd division last , any idea what club is in trouble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I’m lead to believe it’s Castlebridge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    There is nothing more annoying lads then teams robbing footballs. Season has just started and one of our match balls was taken by a team on another pitch. I mean 9 times out of 10 another teams name is plastered all over the ball, have people no shame

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I was looking at some of the results from the MSL the other day, you’d have to wonder why teams bother moving from AUL when they’re getting beat 8 and 9 nil.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    I was looking at some of the results from the MSL the other day, you’d have to wonder why teams bother moving from AUL when they’re getting beat 8 and 9 nil.

Who is it you’re talking about that was beat 8 or 9 nil? Buttevant, Carraigtwohil? Msl teams don’t want teams in the senior ranks who would be poor junior 2nd division teams either, believe me. How can a club be stopped joining on these grounds though? Just go away and get better players and then try again? Don’t think that will work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
    Just go away and get better players and then try again? Don’t think that will work.
    getting any level of player is proving tough for a lot clubs this year. standard in msl outside the top premier sides will drop big time i think. wouldnt surprise me to see a couple of teams struggle for numbers in the opening weeks.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner14 View Post
    Who is it you’re talking about that was beat 8 or 9 nil? Buttevant, Carraigtwohil? Msl teams don’t want teams in the senior ranks who would be poor junior 2nd division teams either, believe me. How can a club be stopped joining on these grounds though? Just go away and get better players and then try again? Don’t think that will work.
    Pearse and Buttevant 9 and 8 0. I’m not saying they should be stopped I’m wondering why they even want to be senior when they aren’t cut out for it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well I suppose going to MSL has to be seen as progression; if you have the facilities and underage structure then a sustainable route to develop players from underage and keep them all the way up in a decent organisation.

I think going to the MSL is a long term strategy thing for any club; Both managers and commitee members know this. Look at any team that has joined in the 20 years dont think many have had major success even you consider the good Leeside & Kinsale teams of the past found it tough. Probably a reason why Coachford have not gone in recent seasons there is a commitment to a few seasons of pain.

For player's ; I think there are a most lads know they wont be world beaters when going into the MSL but are just so sick of the AUL; structure; discipline, quality of refs etc.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    To be fair, you're referencing cup games here, where teams relatively new to Intermediate are meeting some of the best amateur set-ups in Ireland.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Sad to see games be called already due to lack of refs. Serious re think needed from aul and refs to try make sure games go ahead. Only assume most game will be called this morning with the weather warning.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. football View Post
    Sad to see games be called already due to lack of refs. Serious re think needed from aul and refs to try make sure games go ahead. Only assume most game will be called this morning with the weather warning.
    Just to clarify I’m not blaming anyone, what was meant was think outside the box with regards to kick off times to get more games on. 11 on Saturday morning or 2pm on Sundays maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    It’s definitely worth looking at others leagues are doing but the shortage is across the board.
    12 30 on a Saturday and 10 on a Sunday in the city could be looked at also and give the ref the option of an other game if he wanted.

To be fair there has been a few walkovers too which is mad in September

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Walkovers by teams and games off due to a lack of refs is a terrible sign.

In terms of walkovers, what were teams thinking entering if they have given them already?

It's a big sign of participation in sport taking a slide as well as the organisation of one team clubs being more difficult.

I hope teams are punished this season for cancelling games at home. AUL have made it clear teams will have to offfer a reverse if they haven't played yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well said , teams who give walk overs should be punished quickly and harshly.

There seems to be no fear factor attached to giving a walk over , no shame either apparently.

I rather scratch a side together to fulfill fixture an keep my pride than give a walk over. We have all played games where we found players from somewhere to get a game played , let's not kid ourselves.

The majority of clubs start the season with the best of intentions , things happen , things can go wrong on an off the pitch , the majority still all try ,,,,,,,but too not try at all for me is unforgiveable .

That's not just disrespecting the opposition it's disrespecting the game itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Well lads once again all the talk about the aul falling apart the aul teams are still 80% winning the matches against the msl teams. I wouldn't give up on us yet. In my opinion the aul is still the strongest junior league

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast