Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2022/23

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bourne living up to their name with cryptic messages! No point making posts like your last two without giving context. Much rather see a post like Silvermint say it as they see it about a refereeing performance. To be fair if we made a post for every poor display this thread would be 30 pages! Not an easy job....

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Having being involved with clubs in the AUL for over 20 years today I heard what I thought was the biggest wind up ever! Having contacted someone involved with a club it's been confirmed true.

The AUL wish to want to play the City Challenge Cup final up in Castleviews Pitch.

Having looked at all other finals this year where 6 of the 9 will be played in Turners Cross, 1 played in St Colemans park and another in The Markdyke this isn't right at all

From an AUL point they'd strongly want to consider an alternative.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's wolly View Post
    Having being involved with clubs in the AUL for over 20 years today I heard what I thought was the biggest wind up ever! Having contacted someone involved with a club it's been confirmed true.

The AUL wish to want to play the City Challenge Cup final up in Castleviews Pitch.

Having looked at all other finals this year where 6 of the 9 will be played in Turners Cross, 1 played in St Colemans park and another in The Markdyke this isn't right at all

From an AUL point they'd strongly want to consider an alternative.
    Wow! If true that’s appalling. What keeps fellas interested throughout the season is the possibility of “a day out at the cross”.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm aware the AUL made a complete mess up by only booking Turners Cross for 5 or 6 finals and from what I'm hearing that's definitely out as its booked out etc. But as you mentioned, it's all about "the day out" and the buzz of having friends and family members come and watch and playing on a decent surface for a change lol. There's better playing surfaces in some AUL pitches than Castleviews Pitch ffs ?. I would imagine whatever 2 clubs get to the final will be kicking up a huge fuss over this and rightly so. Shocking from AUL to even have considered this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    To be fair this isn’t the AUL’s fault the Munster FA are calling the shots in Turners Cross.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But Castleview? Really.. Sadly my playing days are long over but if I was still playing and that's what was suggested I'd be disgusted. They simply have to do better if you ask me, St Colemans Park, The Farm in Curraheen, The Markdyke arena all alternatives. Even a decent MSL pitch, Blarney United, Ringmahon Rangers bith far better playing surfaces than up in Castleview.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    To be fair this isn’t the AUL’s fault the Munster FA are calling the shots in Turners Cross.
    The cup they are on about being played in Castleview is the City Challenge cup, the equivalent to this cup is the Country cup witch is being played in St Coleman’s park. As it stands it looks like two north side clubs are gonna be in the final. The attractive thing about the AUL is that ever club has numerous changes to play out in the cross why is it the country cup can be played in a stadium but the city cup is just put up in castleview

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry lads really really have to apologise for the lack of clarity .

I have been away with work.

The Aul and Cork in general is a small place and I'd of thought the Grattan /Glenthorns 8 min league game was common knowledge.

The league game lasted 8 mins , one side had 7 players for 7 mins an lost a player through injury in the 8th minute.
    It took me 30 minutes to get there . An it was over in 8 mins.

It's knowones fault , it is what it is ,,,, its done now.

A hero of mine left us this week ,,,,,

has passed on,,,,,

a ledgend of a player ,,,,

a gent of a man ,,,,

a really special guy ,

I personally will miss him ,,,,

He was the best striker I have ever played against .

the Aul an Cork football has lost one of the really good guys ,,,,,,,,RIP a friend , top top man. We spew enough ****e on this from time to time,,,,,,let's not do that now

RIP my friend Greenmount , Temple an basketball on the Northside is a lesser place for you leaving ,,,say high to Bob's an Pops .

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Exactly my point. When was the last time a AUL final wasn't played in a stadium of sorts? I know there was a final in the Markdyke Arena the other day but that at least has a small stand and a beautiful playing surface. I still can't believe the AUL even considered Castleviews Pitch for a final. Makes a mockery of it and looks very poor on the organisations part

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I assume Grattan will get the points as it was Glenthorn's fault for game not finishing?

Fair play to those who turned out. I'd imaging with that little numbers, they had lads who just didn't bother showing up. You'd think a B team whould help that situation. Will Glenthorn, Village & Temple strengthen in the summer? All had dissapoinitng league campaigns.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Corkbeg 2 Coachford 1 tonite.

Thursday nights game should be a belter.( no pun intended )

Coachford have Corkbeg at home
    Springfield away twice.

Plus the Aoh final, which I personally think will be a cracker V a really good Watergrasshill side.

Grattan have Village away an Glenthorn home an away.

Great to see the league finish like this ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Corkbeg 2 Coachford 1 tonite.

Thursday nights game should be a belter.( no pun intended )

Coachford have Corkbeg at home
    Springfield away twice.

Plus the Aoh final, which I personally think will be a cracker V a really good Watergrasshill side.

Grattan have Village away an Glenthorn home an away.

Great to see the league finish like this ?
    Mad the way the fixtures were done this season. Coachfords last 4 games in the league against the 2 same teams. I think there was teams first 2 games of the season were back to back fixtures against each other too.

Hard to see coachford slipping up again tho. Keeps the title race interesting anyway. Hope watergrasshill win the AOH. Great for a club like that to win something big, a club that could have easily folded like others when the going got tough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Multiple games close together serve absolutely no good, bring potential for negativity. Spreading them out would help.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Plenty of talk of a game abandoned last week in Leghanamore. Terrible abuse of the referee by Greenwood by all accounts. Multiple red cards including commitee members. No place for it. AUL to surely take the appropriate action against Greenwood. The cup final abandonment was a disgrace by teams. If people are that worked up then keep it away from the games.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fixtures throughout the season have had no logic to them. Like mentioned above, there's been multiple examples of teams playing each other consecutively and other things like that. This surely can and should be avoided.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplainThis View Post
    Fixtures throughout the season have had no logic to them. Like mentioned above, there's been multiple examples of teams playing each other consecutively and other things like that. This surely can and should be avoided.
    Pure laziness with arranging the fixtures. AUL needs to do better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Tis a bit of a joke to be honest , it's common knowledge and completly wrong .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AULboy View Post
    The cup they are on about being played in Castleview is the City Challenge cup, the equivalent to this cup is the Country cup witch is being played in St Coleman’s park. As it stands it looks like two north side clubs are gonna be in the final. The attractive thing about the AUL is that ever club has numerous changes to play out in the cross why is it the country cup can be played in a stadium but the city cup is just put up in castleview
    I suppose maybe they said they would leave the County Cup Final be played in the county if they could only get it once!!!

It’s all to do with availability these stadiums are hard to get and being minded more and more all the time.

The carry on in the AOH Cup Final certainly hasn’t helped things

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Sorry lads really really have to apologise for the lack of clarity .

I have been away with work.

The Aul and Cork in general is a small place and I'd of thought the Grattan /Glenthorns 8 min league game was common knowledge.

The league game lasted 8 mins , one side had 7 players for 7 mins an lost a player through injury in the 8th minute.
    It took me 30 minutes to get there . An it was over in 8 mins.

It's knowones fault , it is what it is ,,,, its done now.

A hero of mine left us this week ,,,,,

has passed on,,,,,

a ledgend of a player ,,,,

a gent of a man ,,,,

a really special guy ,

I personally will miss him ,,,,

He was the best striker I have ever played against .

the Aul an Cork football has lost one of the really good guys ,,,,,,,,RIP a friend , top top man. We spew enough ****e on this from time to time,,,,,,let's not do that now

RIP my friend Greenmount , Temple an basketball on the Northside is a lesser place for you leaving ,,,say high to Bob's an Pops .
    You left out red city I personally knew him playing 3 seasons in same side as him I echo all you posted the man was class

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Bweeng 3 Bosco 4 after extra time.

Great fighting spirit by Bweeng after a rough start in the first half 3-1 down to bring it to extra time.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast