Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Games weekend Friday 24th to Monday 27th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    The Comers you'd imagine might go for a change if they don't get promotion this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Last week you would have said the opposite. What a difference a week makes.

Again, last week it was being hailed as a genius move, this week it's a failure.

But in general, Caulfield ball is horrible alright. I was worried that Caulfield ball was enough to be successful in the 1st Division, but they've faltered badly this weekend.

What’s genius about one of the better funded teams in the league firing a big man up front and lumping balls up? I mean it’s worked to an extent and fair play to him but it’s probably not going to get them promoted….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://youtu.be/R5TEG7_hX5c

About 1.45 into this video some lunatic launches a smokebomb over the top of the stand narrowly missing a player,never seen the perception of a club change so quickly as has happened to Bray this season….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    What’s genius about one of the better funded teams in the league firing a big man up front and lumping balls up? I mean it’s worked to an extent and fair play to him but it’s probably not going to get them promoted….
    Oh I agree with you. But there were some in the media who were lauding it as a masterstroke.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    With the budget available and the fulltime squad put together Galway could finish in the top 2 with damn all input from JC. His efforts to coach and tactical decisions are akin to sabotage not football.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    We're talking about comfortably being in the European places/ahead of the pack outside of the top 4, not realistically winning the league or anything. That hasn't been the expectation
    for almost a decade. Anang/Breslin/Bermo/Doyle/Tunde are all well of that level, Scott isn't and nor is a midfield where only Forrester is capable of offering any kind of control in a game. Not to mention Mark Doyle stinking the place out. Get those areas sorted and we can still have a good season.
    Bit harsh on Anang , I think he’s done ok and certainly hasn’t been a major weak link in the team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

About 1.45 into this video some lunatic launches a smokebomb over the top of the stand narrowly missing a player,never seen the perception of a club change so quickly as has happened to Bray this season….
    Bray have banned a bunch of knackers that were following them around the place and clearly that smoke bomb over the stand was the response.
    For anyone who hasn't been there it would be very easily done , the stand is literally up against the wall and not that high.
    You'd reckon they will get bored fairly soon, or hopefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    Bit harsh on Anang , I think he’s done ok and certainly hasn’t been a major weak link in the team
    He isn’t great at all. Very poor with his feet and doesn’t come off his line. Not a bad shot stopper but an average LOI keeper at best. He certainly isn’t going anywhere with West Ham. I know he is young but I wouldn’t see him going anywhere above National league or League 2 at best in England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    That's what I was saying, it was mentioned that goalkeeper was an area that needs strengthening but I think he's been grand to be honest. Unrealistic regardless with Odumosu sat on the bench too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Funny moment with Anang last night, he was winding up the Rovers supporters from the first minute wasting time, at one point an elderly man (by my standards which makes him very old) shouted hurry up you English F**** , then said to those around him "i was tryig to think of what to call him" The battle against Racism is definitely being won in the LOI.

The Rovers fans behind the goal settled for "Fat *******" which i though lacked imagination given he wasnt even fat.
    Funny enough he got very quick with the kickouts later on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Funny moment with Anang last night, he was winding up the Rovers supporters from the first minute wasting time, at one point an elderly man (by my standards which makes him very old) shouted hurry up you English F**** , then said to those around him "i was tryig to think of what to call him" The battle against Racism is definitely being won in the LOI.

The Rovers fans behind the goal settled for "Fat *******" which i though lacked imagination given he wasnt even fat.
    Funny enough he got very quick with the kickouts later on
    Still nowhere near McGinty for length of time taken for kick outs. McGinty takes ages even when Sligo desperately need a goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    We're talking about comfortably being in the European places/ahead of the pack outside of the top 4, not realistically winning the league or anything. That hasn't been the expectation
    for almost a decade. Anang/Breslin/Bermo/Doyle/Tunde are all well of that level, Scott isn't and nor is a midfield where only Forrester is capable of offering any kind of control in a game. Not to mention Mark Doyle stinking the place out. Get those areas sorted and we can still have a good season.
    eoin doyle is being criminally misused. clancy is off his chops if he isnt signing a 10 in the window as he clearly doesnt fancy mccormack. mark doyle starting regularly is borderline torture for pats fans at this point. sooner ye get rid of scott the better aswell , brutal.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts

Getting sick of these scumbag of so called Bray fans causin more trouble. They must have aimed it from outside the ground.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Galway are stumbling and Cork are flying.
    Cork very comfortable last night in the MF,Treaty didnt lay a glove on them and were flattered by the score ,bit of a shamles truth be told.After the fine away point in the ..derby.. v Galway one would thought have the clean sheet might have been replicated., not a chance.Wins in short supply for Tommy Barrett whose by well now constant line of excuses is starting to get a bit boring.Disappointing crowd yet again and maybe 130 from Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    eoin doyle is being criminally misused. clancy is off his chops if he isnt signing a 10 in the window as he clearly doesnt fancy mccormack. mark doyle starting regularly is borderline torture for pats fans at this point. sooner ye get rid of scott the better aswell , brutal.
    I can't for the life of me understand the McCormack situation. We look much better every time the lad is on the pitch yet Clancy obviously doesn't trust him despite this. We'll lose him and live to regret it I feel.

Scott is shocking, feel bad for him as he's been having an awful time of it and is clearly targeted by teams every time he's on the pitch. Makes Curtis' injury doubly problematic but we need to turf Scott out and get a new right back in regardless.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I can't for the life of me understand the McCormack situation. We look much better every time the lad is on the pitch yet Clancy obviously doesn't trust him despite this. We'll lose him and live to regret it I feel.

Scott is shocking, feel bad for him as he's been having an awful time of it and is clearly targeted by teams every time he's on the pitch. Makes Curtis' injury doubly problematic but we need to turf Scott out and get a new right back in regardless.
    Yeah the McCormack thing is a joke , dunno what’s goin on behind the scenes but Clancy is cuttin off his nose to spite his face and as you say if it continues he’ll end up elsewhere and hard to blame him .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    if mccormack fancies some minutes on the pitch hes more than welcome to come down to cork

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678