Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend Friday 24th to Monday 27th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Looks a very healthy crowd at Richmond Park.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    How come theres only one game in the top flight lads?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    We're 4-0 up at half time away to Treaty. Couldn't ask for any better than that.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    We're 4-0 up at half time away to Treaty. Couldn't ask for any better than that.
    I could...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Looks a very healthy crowd at Richmond Park.....
    Yeah good for a Monday , great atmosphere aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Waterford might be the bigger threat to Cork for the automatic promotion spot,8 wins on the trot with the win tonight …

Fine goal by Rovers in the Premier Division game aswell….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    Head has to rule heart with tonights game, ye want to stay as close as possible to 1st place side in hope of being in a title race. But realistically a top 3 finish to ensure a European spot means that St Pats not picking up points is the better result for us. Barring a crazy ending to the game, 6 points and 2 games in hand on one of the side that would have been considered one of the main competition for Europe is not a bad place to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Meh we never looked like winning the game. In fairness to Rovers they did a professional job and got the points without playing brilliant. Overall the referee did a good job of handling the game. I reckon Tunde should have been on earlier , he was a bright spark in an overall dull enough performance. Imo Burns doesn’t want to be here anymore and would be best if he moves on. Great crowd and atmosphere for a Monday night so fair play to both sets of supporters.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    That is a great weekend with two derby wins.
    Watts was brilliant tonight and what a goal by Greener.
    Tunde did more in ten minutes then Doyle did all night, no idea how he isnt playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    That is a great weekend with two derby wins.
    Watts was brilliant tonight and what a goal by Greener.
    Tunde did more in ten minutes then Doyle did all night, no idea how he isnt playing
    Good weeks rest for your lads now,wrap them up in cotton wool!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Meh we never looked like winning the game. In fairness to Rovers they did a professional job and got the points without playing brilliant. Overall the referee did a good job of handling the game. I reckon Tunde should have been on earlier , he was a bright spark in an overall dull enough performance. Imo Burns doesn’t want to be here anymore and would be best if he moves on. Great crowd and atmosphere for a Monday night so fair play to both sets of supporters.
    Honestly thought we played well and deserved something out of the game. Rovers were clinical, we weren’t and there is the difference. Poor from Jack Scott to let Greene by him for the second. Would definitely have liked Tunde to come on earlier. Probably after the first goal. He should have scored after rounding the keeper though.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    I was watching Pats - Rovers tonight(Pats wasteful in front of goal, Rovers took their chances), but just seen the Own Goal that gifted Wexford a point in Bray. Ouch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Honestly thought we played well and deserved something out of the game. Rovers were clinical, we weren’t and there is the difference. Poor from Jack Scott to let Greene by him for the second. Would definitely have liked Tunde to come on earlier. Probably after the first goal. He should have scored after rounding the keeper though.
    Was very disappointing to see the Pats goalkeeper wasting time from the first minute.
    Shouldnt be doing that at home, if Clancey is sending them out to do thta from the off he is basically telling them they arent good enough to play Rovers....which they were earlier this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    He did well I reckon just to get himself in the position to have a shot on goal. He looked off balance taking the shot and was unfortunate that Rovers had a man on the line. He is great as an impact sub if he is used correctly.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 27/06/2022 at 9:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    I might be alone on this but I actually think we're only a few good signings off of actually being quite good, it's just the areas they're currently needed in are occupied by utter dirt right now. Big window for us (as it is for everyone tbf).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,395 Posts
    Was very disappointing to see the Pats goalkeeper wasting time from the first minute.
    Shouldnt be doing that at home, if Clancey is sending them out to do thta from the off he is basically telling them they arent good enough to play Rovers....which they were earlier this season
    They were at the same in Finn Park on Friday. I put it down to them just doing it against Harps, but if they were at the same tonight, must be coming from Clancy.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Ward was allowed leave as unwanted, Lyons was leaving for years and 008 signed no cover, Breslin didn't leave for mega bucks at Pats i would put him and possibly some of the others down to poor man management.
    Mandroiu went from not playing at bohs to being top scorer and a fantastic player at Rovers, Lyons has lifted his levels too.
    To be fair to the Bohs board i suppose its easy enough to give him a pass based on last year and as a Rovers supporter that is a positive.
    You just repeated what I said and named the player who was not a regular starter or influencer. Why Breslin left is not important. I agree Lyons has lifted his game, he has to with more and better competition in your squad and its a new challenge to rise to. Remember you can't replace a player until he gone.
    As for DM I was glad to see the back of him. I believe he was causing turmoil among the squad. He has to work harder in a better squad. With Bohs he thought he was **** of the North when he was really a feather duster. The one name not on my list was George Kelly because you'll never replace a 20 plus man with a 20 plus man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I might be alone on this but I actually think we're only a few good signings off of actually being quite good, it's just the areas they're currently needed in are occupied by utter dirt right now. Big window for us (as it is for everyone tbf).
    Any side could argue that one. We need two full backs , a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a decent striker. We are a side that can hold our own and be competitive but we wont win feck all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    You just repeated what I said and named the player who was not a regular starter or influencer. Why Breslin left is not important. I agree Lyons has lifted his game, he has to with more and better competition in your squad and its a new challenge to rise to. Remember you can't replace a player until he gone.
    As for DM I was glad to see the back of him. I believe he was causing turmoil among the squad. He has to work harder in a better squad. With Bohs he thought he was **** of the North when he was really a feather duster. The one name not on my list was George Kelly because you'll never replace a 20 plus man with a 20 plus man
    You can actually replace a player before he leaves its called forward plannoing and Management.
    Breslin leaving might not be important to you but again its MANAGEMENT and DM's behaviour as you put it (assuming you are right) is again Management.........why couldnt 008 get a tune out of him??? hopefully the Bohs board when they are finished with Pride week, the Palestinian situation, the problems for Irish Musicians getting gigs post covid will remain as patient as you with 008.
    010 here we go

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    hopefully the Bohs board when they are finished with Pride week, the Palestinian situation, the problems for Irish Musicians getting gigs post covid will remain as patient as you with 008.
    010 here we go
    How's that horse getting on? Hope many of your fans haven't had their addictions worsened backing it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast