Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 17th/18th June

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Kerrigan is on the bench; may have picked up a knock on international duty.

Keaney and Ryan the only two regulars I see are missing at a quick glance but don't know if they're injured/suspended

U19s likely to have other things on their mind in Leaving Cert week and wouldn't expect them to be brought along to make up numbers in fairness
    that's fair re the LC, and actually two of that bench are 19s

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Ho hum. Harmless cross/shot bounces off Eóin Doyle's chest and loops over the keeper and in.

Then a yellow card for Pat's for a professional foul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Ref gives Pat's a free for a clean tackle.

Abuse from the UCD bench sees both manager and assistant sent off.

It's entertaining anyway, if very annoying

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    For the second game in a row, Yoro watches a ball drift into the net without throwing a bicycle kick at it, at least throw an effort at it. Then Myler and assistant both sent off, comedy central. Myler is an embarrassment to the club with his antics.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Dundalk 1 up,Benson with the goal but Macari's outstanding pass/cross made it.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Jaysus - Dundalk beating Rovers. How they're doing so well I've no idea. Rovers down to ten too

And Bray 4-1 down at home to Galway. The town may burn tonight.

Drogheda (who've just lost their two (?) best players whose loans have ended) have equalised in Derry, who are evidently going to do ****e in Europe

Edit - Bray 5-1 down now
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 17/06/2022 at 8:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Dundalk 1 up,Benson with the goal but Macari's outstanding pass/cross made it.....
    Utter muck from Rovers even allowing for Byrne & Burke being missing …. As for Finn never thought I’d ever call him an idiot but his red was beyond dumb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Dundalk right in the mix for the league….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Dundalk to lose from here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    pats will need a miracle in europe because they are a turgid watch. any time i watch them i come away wondering what the hell it is clancy is trying to do

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Dundalk the better side tonight so no complaints there. Ref did have a bit of a stinker but he called a few wrong on both sides. Finns first yellow looked really soft but he was foolish going in for the second one. Overall it was even enough on chances but Dundalk's midfield took control after 60mins or so and they scored a great goal right after Gary O'Neill really should have at least made Sheppard work at the other end. Benson is some player.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 17/06/2022 at 8:51 PM.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Dundalk to lose from here
    Lincoln might be feeling mighty relieved tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Couldn't finish a game off again, but where did they find that Referee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu;2114257[B
    ]Jaysus - Dundalk beating Rovers. How they're doing so well I've no idea.[/B] Rovers down to ten too

And Bray 4-1 down at home to Galway. The town may burn tonight.

Drogheda (who've just lost their two (?) best players whose loans have ended) have equalised in Derry, who are evidently going to do ****e in Europe

Edit - Bray 5-1 down now
    We have only really been bad twice, v Drogheda and dropping 2 points from 2 in front v UCD. Tonights game has been fascinating with both sides creating but in a real arm wrestle to use a cliche. Well organised, graft with some quality ike Macari's ball in for the goal, but gernerally there is a nice balance to the team, 1st choice 11 certainly. Couple of good heading opportunities spurned in the first half and did enough to discourage Rovers from raiding forward. Gaffney gave Boyle a tough night and Leahy is struggling for his best form. Other than that Rovers havent performed to their billing but a lot of that was down to Dundalk probably. There looked to be a lack of urgency at times yet bar Hoban were obviously physically superior in the 50/50s. Thoroughly enjoyed the game bar the last 10 + injury time as suddenly the win is on if we dont buckle. I didnt see Finn's high boot, we were still talking about Macari and how effective Benson is, but Finn walking was enjoyed by plenty in Oriel. Few pints now to soothe a sore throat from all the shouting.

5 wins, Shels away next while the Dublin Derby the same night. Cnt be sure how derry will do but if the form guide sticks and win another Rovers cant really afford to slip up. Whens the game in hand to be played?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    pats will need a miracle in europe because they are a turgid watch. any time i watch them i come away wondering what the hell it is clancy is trying to do
    Are we trusting any team in Europe? Rovers were shocking tonight aswell..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    Im hoping to travel with something to play for tbh. That will do. The mix of travel, drink and unplaced optimism is the most that can be wished for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We have only really been bad twice, v Drogheda and dropping 2 points from 2 in front v UCD. Tonights game has been fascinating with both sides creating but in a real arm wrestle to use a cliche. Well organised, graft with some quality ike Macari's ball in for the goal, but gernerally there is a nice balance to the team, 1st choice 11 certainly. Couple of good heading opportunities spurned in the first half and did enough to discourage Rovers from raiding forward. Gaffney gave Boyle a tough night and Leahy is struggling for his best form. Other than that Rovers havent performed to their billing but a lot of that was down to Dundalk probably. There looked to be a lack of urgency at times yet bar Hoban were obviously physically superior in the 50/50s. Thoroughly enjoyed the game bar the last 10 + injury time as suddenly the win is on if we dont buckle. I didnt see Finn's high boot, we were still talking about Macari and how effective Benson is, but Finn walking was enjoyed by plenty in Oriel. Few pints now to soothe a sore throat from all the shouting.

5 wins, Shels away next while the Dublin Derby the same night. Cnt be sure how derry will do but if the form guide sticks and win another Rovers cant really afford to slip up. Whens the game in hand to be played?
    You were also dreadful in Tallaght when we recently beat you and you looked like a completely different team this evening- as for tonight despite being muck by our standards we were worth a draw

Still you got the win and we now have Bohs ( who despite being poor will as usual raise their game against us) and Pats away - you play your back game early July against UCD so you may be top by mid July

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Couldn't finish a game off again, but where did they find that Referee.

First half you should have been three up - second half Derry seemed to really take the foot off the peddle with some real aimless play but I do agree that 2mins extra time was nonsense given the penalty subs and injuries. I did not think there was any peno at the end despite the crowds pleas and tbh I think Derry supporters should look at some of the players b4 the ref in terms of blame, poor finishing and in second half some very poor play. Not knocking Derry, just my observations as Drogs were very under strength and I was expecting a tough night.

Delighted with the point, every point is so vital to us staying up this year.

Good chance next week for you guys to get back on track vs UCD.
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Yeah true, and didnt start any of our strikers that night and Gartland played a full 90 for the first time in 7 or 8 months, it was 1 nil so maybe not as bad as v drogs or ucd. We had to rotate and as much as I hated it we gave up 3 points to gain more - I cant argue with how O'Donnell has managed the load on the small squad considering the run of form since.

So Rovers were muck but deserved a draw? just so vastly superior that a muck performance was equal to opposition and worthy of a point - your standards may be slipping Calcio. St Pats were worth a draw before the break as they battered us looking for the equaliser. Rovers could have gotten a point tonight but overall Dundalk were better and hence got the 3 points deservedly. I cant recall much more than a few half chances though McCabe should have done better with his chance. I was genuinely surprised at how little we needed to scramble to keep Rovers at bay.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 17/06/2022 at 9:22 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Dundalk look a proper side now. No real surprise I suppose. So much talent and experience in the team. And a solid goalkeeper makes a world of a difference. Comparing the two 11s tonight there wasn't much in them and we didn't use our bench to any great effect. Not sure what was going on there. Leaving Lyons on the bench when Finn was on a yellow and fading was a bit bizarre. I assume Bradley was involved in the decisions even without being there but I was struggling to make sense of them.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast