Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Ukraine - Wednesday, 8 June 2022 - 2022/23 UEFA Nations League

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Delighted for Wales I have to say. Nearly men for a long time and some great players never played at the World Cup as a result. 64 years is a long time.

Ukraine will be a stern test on Wednesday, although it won't be easy for them to pick themselves up so quickly

2. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Ukraine will play substitutes on Wednesday. They are mentally drained. They are a dirty bunch did a lot of dark arts today, Well done Wales some Celtics will be there, and there are a lot in Patagonia, where I heard Bale has some family

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Which member of bales family? Always thought he looked a bit Latin.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    You know after that shot that Ukraine are done.
    Hmmm, writing off the Ukrainians?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Which member of bales family? Always thought he looked a bit Latin.
    Yeah indeed, Bale looks italian, he needs to use his hands more while talking like De Niro or Pacino, at least he can curse opposition in Spanish after all those years in Madrid. The food in Galicia "wales" is really good too!

But there are some irish too who look like Italian doppelgangers Brian Kerr, Colin Farrell and Gerry Adams, Alec Baldwin to name a few from football Ryan Manning looks from Calabria, (Ringo Manningo in italian), also Dolo O'Riordan (rip) too, she looked like a napolitana ragazze.

It is my opinion but I guess most Celtic people look very Italian, French, spanyiard, Greek, I mean Mediterranean. Its only my opinion.

But in seriousness on the national team of Ireland I'm quite sure you will defeat Ukraine next Wednesday, I have never been so sure about a football result. Some of you said that he needs to get some results and pronto or else, he will get the sack.
    My opinion is that Kenny other option is start bringing the youngsters and a few veterans, a la Wales.

Greeting and I am always rooting for Ireland, I hope you Irish good people root for Argentina in November, Mexico vs Argentina is already sold out I read

kenny needs to take advantage of the Scotland Ukraine situation, never a better scenario,

I sense Republic to prevail. 1-0 2-1
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 05/06/2022 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Merged posts

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Tets instead of merging posts there were other better options available there

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Tets instead of merging posts there were other better options available there
    I will post the link on Wednesday for Ireland vs Ukraine. Armenia vs Ireland was broadcasted 10 am Saturday morning.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Ireland will defeat Ukraine, mark my words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    You've been warned before about multiplie posts Bielsa. Next time use the edit button or I'll delete all of them

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Viva ls Mexico!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Bazunu out of the squad; Talbot called up as a replacement

(FAI Twitter)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,691 Posts
    I reckon a full strength motivated Ukraine will give us a very hard time. They were far too good for Scotland, for 80 minutes anyway. The Wales game was a bit mad though. Despite dominating the stats I think Ukraine were mainly well-contained by Wales and Wales had some of the better chances, not least the Ramsey chance which he tried to be too deliberate with. Wales also hit the post but I think the keeper had it covered.

On the other hand when Ukraine found their sense of urgency they impressed me with their build up play. You'd expect a VAR review to award that penalty to Ukraine all day long imho - but you could say it wasn't the result of Ukraine's overall play earning a penalty. In real time the late Hennessy save looked great but on replay you can see that he really only stuck out an arm, diving after he palmed the ball to get purchase on it and to clear his feet. Poor header in hindsight. Ukraine had a few dangerous pinball moments in Wales box and Wales put in some brave blocks. Each team could have scored 2 or 3, as it was Wales scored one very fortunate goal. We need to be able to win games like that, like Wales did, and I don't see it happening without a proven matchwinner.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Bazunu out of the squad; Talbot called up as a replacement

(FAI Twitter)
    Well, the goalkeeper's likely to be far busier against Ukraine than Kelleher was against Armenia.

Do we stick with him or reward Travers for an outstanding season?

To be honest, I'd like to see Travers see action in at least one of the upcoming matches.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    We must play a 9. Smallbone in the team please, Lee O'Connor is great for me, Bagan too. Manning in midfield . Parrott in the hole .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    To be honest, I'd like to see Travers see action in at least one of the upcoming matches.
    I'd generally agree (I would have given all three regulars playing time in March) but I wonder if we are going to change the defence around to deal with four games in June, does it make more sense to keep the keeper behind them consistent?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    We must play a 9. Smallbone in the team please, Lee O'Connor is great for me, Bagan too. Manning in midfield . Parrott in the hole .
    As has been pointed it before, the U21s are in a position to reach the play offs now, if not qualify directly. With their final game on the same night at the Ukrainian away game, I doubt any player will be promoted, and risk that. Mandriou has been stated as being on standby.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I think Travers deserves a game. I think Kenny is going to stick with Kelleher though and, howlers from the Liverpool man aside, Bazunu won't get straight back in.

My gut feeling is that most people (including Kenny) very much view Travers as third choice still and that, on some level, Kenny would prefer not to complicate things further for himself. In just a few months you potentially have a situation where Travers is playing week in week out in the PL and the case for him not starting for Ireland won't be helped if he's given a good account of himself in international games in the interim.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Delighted for Wales I have to say. Nearly men for a long time and some great players never played at the World Cup as a result. 64 years is a long time.

Ukraine will be a stern test on Wednesday, although it won't be easy for them to pick themselves up so quickly
    Wonder if Ukraine will take a leaf out of Armenia's book. Maybe sit back to conserve energy and force us to try break them down and pick us off on the counter. They've still got two games to play after us.

20. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Under normal circumstances we would be expecting to beat Ukraine at home, especially given their tough build up to this game. It's just that expectations have been dragged so low under the current management.

I still think we should win and we need it. Our rankings are falling off a cliff. I think we're 52nd on the current in running rankings. We should be freshening up our team as we have 4 games in a short period, Ukraine will be wrecked from the week they've had and other circumstances. I'm going for a 2-1 Ireland win. Let's go!!!

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Going purely by statistics, it's going to take take something pretty extraordinary to win this one.

If we do manage to win it would be our first home competitive win over a higher ranked team since the play-off defeat of Bosnia in 2015 - more than six and a half years ago - and our first home competitive win of any description since we beat Gibraltar three years ago.
    Last edited by Trequartista20; 07/06/2022 at 8:46 AM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast