Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Ukraine - Wednesday, 8 June 2022 - 2022/23 UEFA Nations League

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Saw this on RTE this morning: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022...ive-in-dublin/

A loss to Armenia is "Eight steps forward, one step back" (the eight referring to the streak of avoiding losses, that included the 1-1 home draw with Azerbaijan and that awful performance against Lithuania)? And "does [winning the group] really going to matter to the regular Irish football fan?" I'm loath to agree with certain people on here who get very loud whenever Ireland mess up, but Kenny is getting an easy ride from certain quarters.

We really need a win tonight, especially after Kenny's claimed aim of winning the group, but I don't see it happening. Ukraine looked very good against Scotland, and made a lot of chances in Cardiff, enough that on another day they would have eased into the World Cup. It seems that we're banking on their mental state being frail/low, but they strike me as a team that can rally.
    This article looks even more ridiculous now than it did when we discussed it about 12 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    At what point does kenny lose the dressing room do you think.. is it this or does he still have the players? I'd say its close and he may have lost a few lads already

I personally feel like these guys are capable of more.
    It's gone. Was clear to see tonight, no urgency or effort, Ukraine strolled home in the end.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    The problem isn't the defence. We'll always concede goals - everyone does - and we're not conceding too many. You can nearly always complain about the specifics of any given goal. It's just that we can't score, at all. Robinson's two-games mirabilis aside, we're depending on headers from set pieces, and desperately little else.
    But that’s another issue, we for the first time in awhile have a player with genuine potential to be that goal scorer for Ireland…and he’s left on the bench until the final 20 minutes…please make that make sense?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    That's really clutching at straws tbh
    Just noticing a pattern, I always remember N Ireland under Michael O’Neill when they were in the 100s for instance had the same issues until ironically they started getting results…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Just noticing a pattern, I always remember N Ireland under Michael O’Neill when they were in the 100s for instance had the same issues until ironically they started getting results…
    we are not missing players to mysterious injuries. all are long-term bar bazunu. connolly has been shocking for the best part of 18 months now. who else is there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    that felt like an end of managerial reign performane to be honest. after a decent start any belief the players had dissapeared after about 10 mins

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Have backed the Kenny experiment all the way. Felt it was worthwhile to change approach and bed in some new guys when we had little other choice. Enjoyed seeing us pass the ball, keep it a bit, and create a few chances per game. It was nice when we got a couple of wins last year to lift the gloom. But for whatever reason after tonight I feel I'm done with this regime now. I hate football supporters who have the knives out early and are all I told you so when things inevitably go south. We can criticise but we support first and foremost. But the time is up on Kenny now in my opinion. Not sure what the next step should be but there needs to be a change.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    We were a shambles at the end - a ramshackle, shapeless mess.

Browne brought on as a wingback? What on Earth was the thinking there?

Definitely had an 'end of reign' feel to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Not sure what the atmosphere sounded like on tv, but there was a "there's only one Stephen Kenny" chant towards the end of the second half. it didn't last long, and there wasn't many of the singing section joining in.
    If fan support is starting to ebb, we might be closer to the end than the beginning of his time in charge
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    After 5 minutes Knight is La Liga i Seria A quality. Plz Dump England Jason. Im watching it on livetv.con
    Livetv.com resolves to nothing. Provide the actual site or I'll delete everything you've posted in the last 24 hours
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    It must end after Scotland and the other match, he did some good stuff from defence but attack is a shame as someone wrote If you can't score you can't win matches, we conceded less goals yet they are enough since we can't put it ours away. Kenny out Bring jobless Marcelo

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Livetv.com resolves to nothing. Provide the actual site or I'll delete everything you've posted in the last 24 hours
    That's the website is illegal man , do you want the links a photo?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Not sure what the atmosphere sounded like on tv, but there was a "there's only one Stephen Kenny" chant towards the end of the second half. it didn't last long, and there wasn't many of the singing section joining in.
    If fan support is starting to ebb, we might be closer to the end than the beginning of his time in charge
    I expected some booing at the end but there was very little, if any.

I also expected a bit of support for the inevitable "Lump it up to Duffy" conclusion, but again, little enough going.

It felt like fatigue more than anything else. An "I've watched this game before" vibe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Imagine what Ukraine’s ‘first’ team are going to do to us next week,might give it a miss tbh….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

16. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    The fate is after Kenny. The whole match bar the last 15 was abysmal no urgency, no imagination no desperation for winning, crazy stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    That's the website is illegal man , do you want the links a photo?
    DM me a link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    It felt like fatigue more than anything else. An "I've watched this game before" vibe
    I was really close to posting something very similar to this after about 65/70 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    This might be my shortest review ever.

Collins was good at the back. Obafemi added a bit of energy when he came on. Knight was good for 5 minutes, but crap for the next 85.

Everyone else was crap. Duffy was even worse than that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    DM me a link
    Ok i ve the photos toó of 2 websites , compañero.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    To sum this up the Rep of Ireland wins this kind of matches( again a 2nd string team full of substitutes, not playing professionally for war, beaten because last Sunday worn out because of 3 games in a week etc). You win it with desire with football with craft speed accuracy Creativity talent etc... But before anything with ball character strong personality and mentality. Put them under pressure, overwhelm them don't let them be, make it torrid for them.

For me is very easy get in touch with the guys at Leeds, offer something with professionalism and criteria to Mr. Bielsa, the name of Bielsa was rumored alongside Cuper before O'Neill I remembered. Bielsa is the right man at the right time to put this mess in order. Kenny is not the main man, sadly he doesn't even show urgency from the bench.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Travers, Collins, Egan (Duffy if Egan out), O’Shea, Ebosele, McClean, Cullen, Molumby (a bit more bite, dynamism and enthusiasm, finished season well), Parrott, Knight, Obafemi.

This is your team Stephen for the next two games if you want to try to get a performance, a result and get fans back on your side. Thank you.

24. Thanks From:

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast