Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland V Ukraine - Wednesday, 8 June 2022 - 2022/23 UEFA Nations League

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Had enough decent chances in the last 15mins to win it, but took none.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Alan Browne is not an international player. That was established years ago. Kenny persists with him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Steven Kelly
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Ball gets thrown to Browne.

He falls over.

What do you do when you see that?
    At what point does kenny lose the dressing room do you think.. is it this or does he still have the players? I'd say its close and he may have lost a few lads already

I personally feel like these guys are capable of more.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    And another game ends with Duffy playing at centre-forward...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I think i'm done with this. I don't really know what a new manager does for this but whatever. Its depressing as hell.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    The experiment has failed. Kenny remains out of his depth and has shown no signs of improvement. Time to move on. We are starting to have decent players now and will only get stronger. We need a proper gardener to nurture our green shoots

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    This is atrocious.
    Call in the cavalry.

Could we go this window with a Eurovision call?

The players already looked knackered
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I think i'm done with this. I don't really know what a new manager does for this but whatever. Its depressing as hell.
    But we had lots of possession. And we passed it around same as that night in Slovakia and away to bulgaria. What's changed for you? The results are similar, the only difference is 20 mins of good play is reduced to about 10-15 now
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Dreadful second half performance. Just headless all over the field, and a total mess after the concession. Subs came too late, and once again a team that nominally have pretensions at being a tournament finalist were relying on a centre back to score.

Positives: Obafemi looked good when he came on, so did Hamilton. The defence didn't concede another, and Collins throwing himself at that late shot was good to see.
    Negatives: Kelleher likely to be dropped now. So laboured in midfield, lots of misplaced passes. Too much ****ing around outside the penalty area, not enough end product. Our rescue plan involved James McClean.

We're looking at the very real possibility of going into this window with talk of topping the group, and leaving it with four straight losses.

There's been far too many false dawns under Kenny. His tenure needs to be over this time next week. He's simply not up to this job, and that renewed contract looks increasingly laughable. No "We were unlucky", no "green shoots", no "we can still top the group", no "we were never going to top the group anyway", no "Scotland is a better chance for a win", no "There will be a reaction in the next game". It's over, or at least it should be.

And you know what else, I want to see the knives out from the media, former players, current players. No more of this ridiculous softball. Better managers got a harder experience, and it's time Kenny's feet were put to the fire properly.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    The same mistakes that cost us in Yerevan funny enough cost us tonight…who’d have thought it!

I’m a broken record but why are we persisting with Journeymen? They have done nothing but let us down in front of goal and instead of backing the only player who’s actually proven himself to be useful in front of goal we continue with the journeymen. Simply making effort isn’t enough, that should be a given, we need results.

The final straw for me is if Robinson and Ogbene start against Scotland, how many times do they need to let us down before Kenny gets the picture?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    He’ll probably get 20 minutes when we are down and devoid of any shape or idea. Should be starting and getting a decent chance to show what he can offer.
    Wish I’d put money on that prediction.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    And this is Ukraine's second team! No. More. Excuses.

I can't believe I'm seeing an RTE panel discussing tactical tweaks right now. Surely they can't think this is OK?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    I think that was Kenny's 25th match in charge this evening. I just don't see sufficient progress having been made in this time; he doesn't even seem to know what the problems are, let alone how to fix them.

2 competitive wins in 17 is not acceptable, I'm afraid. It's time to bring this to an end.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Two games in a row where we've conceded after a disallowed goal, and gone on to lose
    No push for an equaliser when injury time was announced. Players seemed to have accepted the loss

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    There just isn’t something right about this camp compared to the previous ones, this game reminded me a lot of 2018 when we were outclassed by a 2nd string Wales team.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Dreadful second half performance. Just headless all over the field, and a total mess after the concession. Subs came too late, and once again a team that nominally have pretensions at being a tournament finalist were relying on a centre back to score.

Positives: Obafemi looked good when he came on, so did Hamilton. The defence didn't concede another, and Collins throwing himself at that late shot was good to see.
    Negatives: Kelleher likely to be dropped now. So laboured in midfield, lots of misplaced passes. Too much ****ing around outside the penalty area, not enough end product. Our rescue plan involved James McClean.

We're looking at the very real possibility of going into this window with talk of topping the group, and leaving it with four straight losses.

There's been far too many false dawns under Kenny. His tenure needs to be over this time next week. He's simply not up to this job, and that renewed contract looks increasingly laughable. No "We were unlucky", no "green shoots", no "we can still top the group", no "we were never going to top the group anyway", no "Scotland is a better chance for a win", no "There will be a reaction in the next game". It's over, or at least it should be.

And you know what else, I want to see the knives out from the media, former players, current players. No more of this ridiculous softball. Better managers got a harder experience, and it's time Kenny's feet were put to the fire properly.
    There will be no knives out. The media are totally bought into the Kenny story. Kenny is not getting sacked regardless of how results go in this window or any window and if he gets us anywhere close to qualifying for the euro s he is getting another 2 years .

21. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Played good the last minutes. You can't play good only 10 minutes. Collins was man of the match. Your narrator said it 10 changes. Eire can't get beaten by a second string Ukrainians who didn't get a match for 6 months. Kenny last chance is vs Scotland. The heads might look for replacement, in pole position. We can see the narrator was fuming abd furious live for yet another defeat. That Darragh Maloney is the name, he was fuming and in anger you can tell by his expression

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    There will be no knives out. The media are totally bought into the Kenny story. Kenny is not getting sacked regardless of how results go in this window or any window and if he gets us anywhere close to qualifying for the euro s he is getting another 2 years .
    I sense the same, we're stuck with him now so hardly worth even cribbing. All games are essentially friendlies for us as there is nothing to play for after a couple of games. Try a few different ideas and players and hope for the best.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Please just end this farce now. Kenny is a nice man but I'm getting increasingly angry at his nonsense. He'll have more excuses after this game. He should do the decent thing and walk away. This was Ukraine B, their back 3 had only played 1 cap each prior to this game. We couldn't score again and once more threw Duffy up front to try to save us. I've asked before, how bad does it have to get before enough is enough?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast