Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 307

Thread: Kerry FC

  1. #221
    Seasoned Pro ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,578
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    254
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    498
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Tidy little ground. Make a great away trip.

  2. #222
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Today is the last licensing deadline, for the submission of financial information, after which they just have to continue their own preparations, and wait for the final news at some point in November.

  3. #223
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    488
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by listowelceltic View Post
    Culloty82 thanks for pics. Is main stand being extended full length of pitch?
    By the by, if the main stand is being extended full length of pitch, what will its full seated capacity be?

    Any images of Mounthawk Park, just curious to know what is opposite main stand and behind each goal as far as spectator capacity!

  4. #224
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,922
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    226
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    By the by, if the main stand is being extended full length of pitch, what will its full seated capacity be?

    Any images of Mounthawk Park, just curious to know what is opposite main stand and behind each goal as far as spectator capacity!
    500 seating currently. Extending will probably double that to 1000.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity seems lost somewhere in between for new clubs/regions to become part of LoI family.

  5. #225
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    As the underage League of Ireland seasons winds down, all of the Kerry teams have played their final home games as of today - most impressively, the U19s haven't lost at home in the league since May.

  6. #226
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    231
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    500 seating currently. Extending will probably double that to 1000.
    And are there plans to extend it the full length of the pitch?

  7. #227
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,922
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    226
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    And are there plans to extend it the full length of the pitch?
    Not that I'm aware of. The pitch being upgraded from "quality" standard to "professional" for next February and the current seating being replaced are the only changes required for licencing.
    Talk of extending the stand is hopeful thinking. Limerick were in Jackman Park for years. Mounthawk Park is comparable in capacity. The Markets Field stand is also just half a length. Just have to cut their cloth with what they have.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity seems lost somewhere in between for new clubs/regions to become part of LoI family.

  8. #228
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    12,329
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,982
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,672
    Thanked in
    2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. The pitch being upgraded from "quality" standard to "professional" for next February and the current seating being replaced are the only changes required for licencing.
    Talk of extending the stand is hopeful thinking. Limerick were in Jackman Park for years. Mounthawk Park is comparable in capacity. The Markets Field stand is also just half a length. Just have to cut their cloth with what they have.
    Would presume they'll have to install some form of fencing in front of the stand too. From pictures it just seems like it's open from the seats onto the pitch?

  9. #229
    Reserves GUFCghost's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    256
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    111
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Why did they build it along only one side of the pitch in the first place? Looks very odd
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

  10. #230
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    488
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    Why did they build it along only one side of the pitch in the first place? Looks very odd
    Is it time for the Joke thread!

    Did you hear about the Kerry man that built the stand along only one side of the pitch................!

    Anyone able to add a funny punch line?

  11. #231
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    12,329
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,982
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,672
    Thanked in
    2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    Is it time for the Joke thread!

    Did you hear about the Kerry man that built the stand along only one side of the pitch................!

    Anyone able to add a funny punch line?
    Something, something, potholes, something, drink driving, Healy Rae..etc

  12. #232
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    John O'Regan gave an interview in today's Kerry's Eye, ​where we learn that a decision is now "imminent" (which would tie in with the licensing reports), and that Walter O'Halloran of the FAI will visit Tralee next week to determine if the facilities are up to standard. On capacity, he is expecting attendances of 700-900 for League games, but aims to cater for up to 2,000 in the event of a Cup tie against Shamrock Rovers, for instance.

  13. #233
    Reserves
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    488
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    John O'Regan gave an interview in today's Kerry's Eye, ​where we learn that a decision is now "imminent" (which would tie in with the licensing reports), and that Walter O'Halloran of the FAI will visit Tralee next week to determine if the facilities are up to standard. On capacity, he is expecting attendances of 700-900 for League games, but aims to cater for up to 2,000 in the event of a Cup tie against Shamrock Rovers, for instance.
    Why Shamrock Rovers, I would have thought Cork City would be a bigger attraction and any team from Munster after that!

  14. Thanks From:


  15. #234
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    True that, now if you'll just hold off on that promotion for another 12 months!

  16. #235
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    572
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    573
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    John O'Regan gave an interview in today's Kerry's Eye, ​where we learn that a decision is now "imminent" (which would tie in with the licensing reports), and that Walter O'Halloran of the FAI will visit Tralee next week to determine if the facilities are up to standard. On capacity, he is expecting attendances of 700-900 for League games, but aims to cater for up to 2,000 in the event of a Cup tie against Shamrock Rovers, for instance.
    Those attendance figures should easily be achieved in the first few games, but will obviously depend on how well the team is doing. With no tradition of watching senior football week-in week-out in Kerry, if they have a bad first season they could see crowds go down to Wexford-type levels.

    Still good that they're not being crazy in their expectations.

  17. #236
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    231
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Those attendance figures should easily be achieved in the first few games, but will obviously depend on how well the team is doing. With no tradition of watching senior football week-in week-out in Kerry, if they have a bad first season they could see crowds go down to Wexford-type levels.

    Still good that they're not being crazy in their expectations.
    Didn?t Cabo have about 1500 or more at their first game?
    Pretty soon they couldn?t pay people to turn up and support the team.

  18. #237
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Yes, that would be achievable simply by promoting the team within the various underage clubs across the county, but as you say, will be rather a harder task to attract casual sports fans - up until May should be somewhat easier, as even Kerry GAA fans can be rather lukewarm about the league, but Championship fervour between then and July would challenge any attendance expectations, to say the least!

  19. #238
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    572
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    573
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    Why did they build it along only one side of the pitch in the first place? Looks very odd
    Half a stand is better than none ?

  20. #239
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Yes, that would be achievable simply by promoting the team within the various underage clubs across the county, but as you say, will be rather a harder task to attract casual sports fans - up until May should be somewhat easier, as even Kerry GAA fans can be rather lukewarm about the league, but Championship fervour between then and July would challenge any attendance expectations, to say the least!
    Considering Kerry Gaa (County and Club teams) play mostly on Saturdays or Sundays, I do not see how that would significantly impact attendances. Kerry are talking averaging 1,000 people a home game. Is there any other sports in the county who play at National level on Friday nights? I know the basketball team is there but they can only host 400 - 500 people.

    During the summer, I would imagine supporters from away teams would see it as a great weekend away in the Kingdom which will add to the attendance. I think the attendance numbers will surprise a lot of people. When Kerry U-21's first started, they had decent crowds which ranged from 500 - 800 people and that was U21's.

  21. #240
    First Team
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    171
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    No, Friday would be completely free for them sports-wise, Tralee Warriors generally play home matches on Saturdays, and even then, the basketball season runs Oct-Mar, so little overlap with the LoI.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lim 37 vs Kerry - 21's
    By limfan in forum Limerick
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11/08/2007, 12:50 AM
  2. Kerry in the EL
    By Lim till i die in forum Limerick
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 21/10/2005, 7:19 PM
  3. Kerry
    By Kingdom in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13/07/2005, 10:00 PM
  4. Kerry 0 Ramblers 3
    By cookie in forum Cobh Ramblers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20/05/2004, 9:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •