Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend games Thursday 19th to Monday 23rd May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    pats are terrible, not sure how bohs are losing.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Martin Russell was great like that. No histrionics ever; he'd just quietly tell the linesman he was wrong and he might give us the next call, and make a few constructive comments to players on the pitch. Nothing much more than that really.
    One of my fondest LOI moments involved Russell. A Limerick player was played into space, great chance, made a mess of his first touch, amounted to nothing.

"Ugh, his touch," I hissed to whoever was watching the game beside me from my spot close to the dugouts. Russell turned to me and, in a very conversational tone, observed "touch is everything."

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Rovers back to playing utter muck , lots of possession but no end product … Drogs created one chance and scored a beauty… and Danny Mandriou shows his petulant side and gets a red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Just seen our starting XI. Bohs will win.
    Hope everyone enjoyed this excellent joke. Played some unknown fella from the academy tonight and he's only gone and banged in a hat trick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Lost again but could have stole something at the end,as I’ve said before we’ll always give teams goals,incapable of keeping clean sheets and it’s looking a long way back for us now….

Ruaidhrí Higgins will be glad to see us anyway,we’ll get them back on track on Friday no doubt!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Fairplay to Tunde, took his goals lovely. I don’t know how Bohs didn’t score in the first half. I thought Joe Anang play brilliant tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Hope everyone enjoyed this excellent joke. Played some unknown fella from the academy tonight and he's only gone and banged in a hat trick.
    I’d take that crystal ball back for a refund anyway 😀

The game suited Tunde tonight. Lots of ball to run onto. He’s not really a back to goal-bring people into play type of striker, but give him a run at a defence and he can be effective. To be honest Bohs were very good first half, and there was a period when an equaliser looked like it had to come. Joe Anang made some super saves. Second goal just before half time was the decisive moment. We were fairly comfortable second half. Joe Redmond outstanding again at the back, and Adam O’Reilly worked his socks off in the middle. Great to get the win and improved performance after the horror show that was last Friday.

Mad league though, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Rovers lose to Drogs, and wtf has happened to Derry ? The wheels really seem to have come off since they battered us in Inchicore.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Wasn’t expecting that Pats performance after the horror show last Friday. So comfortable second half. Bohs will need to improve their form ahead of their campaign in the newly founded UEFA Europa Friendly Championship over in Berlin.

Has anyone checked on that Derry fan on here who claims they’re the only good team in the country?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Weekend winners by a mile are Dundalk, like the old bus joke, waiting for one, then two come at once, no away wins then two on the trot.

No extra points for this, but with the madness of Rovers and Derry both losing we have now lost the least games, 2.

Tonight v Harps it was a hard fought win v the gloss v Derry, but 6 points on the road, amazing weekend. Happy to be solid in 3rd, whatever happens after this is a bonus, Pats at home on Friday, hash tag tasty.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Bohs in the second half were as bad as Pats were on Friday.

Are there any actual good teams in the league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Celebrations in United Park were unreal, pitch invasion like league winners!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Derry looked like they expected us to roll over after conceding a farcical equaliser and to be honest, so did most people in the ground I'd wager.
    Deserved the win I felt. Great to see a bit more energy in our play. Hopefully something to build on but I'm not discounting the possibility of losing away to UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Higgins and Bradley under pressure Bucko will be lurking! Dundalk FC just at this moment are league contenders mwahahaha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    This league really is nuts. Derry 2 points from 15 after such a good start. Rovers just not clinical enough, yet still 7 points ahead. Shels and Dundalk world beaters all of a sudden. Pat’s, Sligo and Bohs can’t string two results together…. Never mind the rest…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Derry looked like they expected us to roll over after conceding a farcical equaliser and to be honest, so did most people in the ground I'd wager.
    Deserved the win I felt. Great to see a bit more energy in our play. Hopefully something to build on but I'm not discounting the possibility of losing away to UCD.
    The players need to put that effort in the whole time. Need to back it up on Friday. Pitch finally in good knick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Higgins and Bradley under pressure Bucko will be lurking! Dundalk FC just at this moment are league contenders mwahahaha!
    Bradser under pressure alright, needs ro be more than 7 points clear dundalk now clearly in the title race. Hate them feckers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Pats were blessed to be 2-0 up at a half time through a combination of Tunde but almost more so Anang. Bohs were absolutely horrific in the second half through, stunned by how much that second goal killed them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bradser under pressure alright, needs ro be more than 7 points clear dundalk now clearly in the title race. Hate them feckers
    I was going to really resent not being in Europe this summer. Now I'm looking forward to the testing the thesis that our European sides cough up points when distracted from domestic affairs! We could lose to Pats and Slgo next games but that would be awful dull compared to nabbing 6 points before Rovers visit and a Dublin Derby after - could be nip and tuck at the top by then and then the stresses of Europe....Dundalk FC 2022 League Champions...im sure some are losing the run of themselves!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    hopefully something to build on but I'm not discounting the possibility of losing away to UCD.
    While our home form is much better than our away form, if we gift ye goals like we did last night, ye'll be fine.

Never seen a side so obviously decide to have four runners straight from tip to lump the ball up to, but somehow it worked. I think 10 seconds into a half is the earliest I've seen a goal. (Or was that Glen Crowe one in the 4-3 earlier? When tip had to be taken three times?)

Shels were better than us but weren't great and I never really fancied them to score if we hadn't helped them along the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Felt match night with plenty of storylines in the league.

-Shels are only four points off 4th with a game in hand. Outside chance of Europe now. (Didn't see that coming).
    -Derry in freefall. No idea what is happening there. Suddenly look like a mid table team.
    -Rovers losing a game that maybe in previous years they would have steamrolled. Mandriou sent off, and Byrne went off injured. Probably only a small blip, but heres hoping whats in the water at Derry affects them too.
    -Looking at Bohs fans online, that performance and result might be Longs final nail in the coffin.

-Great result for Dundalk. I think earlier in the season we would not have got all 3 points. Picked a rotated side, and was enough to see us through. Win the extra game, and we are in second.
    Last edited by Kiki Balboa; 24/05/2022 at 10:59 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast