Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expected attendance for shels euro match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Expected attendance for shels euro match?

There was a better crowd than i expected at last weeks match (though i suppose glentoran did bring a large travelling support) - anyone reckon theres a chance this weeks match will sell out
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    There was a better crowd than i expected at last weeks match (though i suppose glentoran did bring a large travelling support) - anyone reckon theres a chance this weeks match will sell out
    its expected to sell out because the romanians in ireland are going mad looking for tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd say it could sell out. This round last year was close enough to a sell out and their should be more Romanians at this match than Croatians at that one.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    its expected to sell out because the romanians in ireland are going mad looking for tickets
    Watch out for those Roman Gypsies - i'm surprised the big pub haven't signed them up.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Watch out for those Roman Gypsies - i'm surprised the big pub haven't signed them up.
    Get your coat!

Should I bother buying a ticket in advance? Do you have to play a surcharge if you get them from ticketmaster?
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Was Dublin, then Madrid, then Paris, now London
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Get your tickets in advance, the game could be sold out before Wednesday evening. This is of those few games that non-EL fans have been asking me about, which is akin to the Split and Depor games last year both of which sold out, despite there being hardly an away fans at either of those games.

Should be a cracking night Wednesday, and even Rovers fans are more welcome than Man U/Liverpool fans. Just don't start any trouble lads!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl
    This is of those few games that non-EL fans have been asking me about, which is akin to the Split and Depor games last year both of which sold out
    Didnt think either of those sold out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    Didnt think either of those sold out
    AFAIK, Split was more or less sold out and Depor sold out either side of Lansdowne Rd. nobody was behind either goal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    AFAIK, Split was more or less sold out and Depor sold out either side of Lansdowne Rd. nobody was behind either goal!
    Only because UEFA regulations would not allow. How many non-eL fans came to that one I wonder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was more EL fans at the Depor games than non EL fans I'd say. Every club was there, I think someone mentioned that a load of Derry fans even got a bus organised to get down and back. A fantastic turnout with flags and jersys from all over.

The Split game was close or possibley was a sell out. The empty bits in the Ballybough end and parts of the Riverside was compensated by the fact that the Drumcondra End was far over it's seated capacity as it always is on big games. They had even tried to stop people getting into that stand by the time I arrived, no chance though. The Depor game could have had at least double what it had, it sold out days in advance. With more away fans at this one than at the Split game I'd say get your tickets in advance, if you can get to Tolka Park buy them there and save giving Ticketmaster more money.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    if you can get to Tolka Park buy them there and save giving Ticketmaster more money.
    Hmm, I dont know which one Id like to give my money to less, $hel$ or ticketmonster. Is there a booking fee with ticketmaster?

The Genesis Reporter has used funds from its first edition to buy a drum that Im going to bring along to the Shels and City european games. How early in advance will I have to get in there with it and will I get any hassle from Shels officials for bring it in. (+ should I have my City shirt on in the new stand???)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The Spilt game sold out about 15-20mins before kick-off I think (I could be wrong) with most of the gaps you might have seen being from missing seats (of which there are plenty on the Riverside), something the club is trying to fix before Wednesday.

Depor sold out (24,000) 2 or 3 days beforehand, but there was no time to get in bucket seats.

The Lille game was a perfect example of how NOT to promote a game, and what should have been a 15,000 crowd or so ended up being half that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hmm, I dont know which one Id like to give my money to less, $hel$ or ticketmonster. Is there a booking fee with ticketmaster?

The Genesis Reporter has used funds from its first edition to buy a drum that Im going to bring along to the Shels and City european games. How early in advance will I have to get in there with it and will I get any hassle from Shels officials for bring it in. (+ should I have my City shirt on in the new stand???)

15 quid from Tolka for tickets. 15 + 2 from Ticketmaster, so get them from Tolka if you can.

As for your drum? Well I don't know what the story is, I hate drums!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    This is similar to the Split game. Comparing with Deportivo is delusion.

I think game might get close to sellout but i'd be surprised if is 100% full.

I think i'll watch on tv, wish Shels all the best but also laugh if ye get beaten.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well on your first point if you buy through ticketmaster Shels get the same amount of money as if you buy through Shels, just the ticketmaster tickets are a bit more expensive because of the booking fee which they keep themselves, so either way Olly gets your money . It depends on if you're able to get to Tolka soon or not, I wouldn't leave it until the last day.

As for the drum, we use them ourselves so I can't see anybody giving you any hassle over bringing it in, I'm not sure about when you should bring it in though so you should post on shelsweb and hopefully one of the regular drummers will be able to tell you exactly what to do.

As for the City shirt, hmm, we do get some gobsh*tes in the new stand but even so I'd say if you go down the front which is where the Briogaid Dearg hang out you'll probably get a bit of friendly stick and that's it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    either way Olly gets your money . It depends on if you're able to get to Tolka soon or not, I wouldn't leave it until the last day.
    Dang

As for the drum, we use them ourselves so I can't see anybody giving you any hassle over bringing it in, I'm not sure about when you should bring it in though so you should post on shelsweb and hopefully one of the regular drummers will be able to tell you exactly what to do.
    Will do (argh, its down at the mo)
    As for the City shirt, hmm, we do get some gobsh*tes in the new stand but even so I'd say if you go down the front which is where the Briogaid Dearg hang out you'll probably get a bit of friendly stick and that's it.
    Are the Briogaid Dearg the one with the drums? Im also quite tempted to bring my fcuk The Dubs tee-shirt too Will prob stick with a red teeshirt though

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You'll not have a bother with the drum Troy,Go with Roy and make yourself welcome in the new Stand,I was doing the drumming(badly) at the Glens game because our regular drummer is away on holidays so there is a good chance i'll be doing it again

BTW is there a strap with the drum

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are the Briogaid Dearg the one with the drums? Im also quite tempted to bring my fcuk The Dubs tee-shirt too Will prob stick with a red teeshirt though
    Is that red t-shirt a "peoples republic of cork" t-shirt,They're funny

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC
    You'll not have a bother with the drum Troy,Go with Roy and make yourself welcome in the new Stand,I was doing the drumming(badly) at the Glens game because our regular drummer is away on holidays so there is a good chance i'll be doing it again

BTW is there a strap with the drum
    There sure is (a strap). Its actually one of the bass drums from a drum kit, so its [SIZE=7]LOUD[/SIZE] but not too heavy despite its size.

I'll track down Roy before the game alright (ps how long in advance will you be heading in to get your seat?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They're the 'ultras', the ones who do the banners and flags and all of that kind of thing. Actually I think the drums is done by other people, but they all stand at the front of the new stand just to the right of where the tunnel is so that would be the best place to bring the drum.

You'd be fine with the City shirt really, if you can take a bit of stick

Annoyingly, the shelsweb forum is down right now. Hopefully it'll be back on in a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast