Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 13th 14th May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Harsh on who? Gannon? I like Gannon. I prefer Hoare most of the time. It's close though.
    harsh on Gannon. been excelent recently

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Shels just about shaded our 1 nil win over Drogheda, another really big 3 points for us after beating Sligo last week

Poor quality first half from both sides, Shels came out really well for first 20-25 minutes of 2nd half, lovely cross from Farrell on a tee for Boyd to head home well.
    After their the substitutions Drogheda woke up for the last 20 minutes while Shels got sloppy with the ball but Drogheda couldn't find their way through the Shels defence
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    harsh on Gannon. been excelent recently
    He has. It was more tongue in cheek - as in Dundalk don't need the depth of 2 in each position this season. Was poorly executed. I'm not great at trolling.

Gannon and Hoare are two good options at RCB and we need both. I'd like to see an excellent option brought in next season all the same.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Thought we were woeful tonight but got away with it. Pitch In Athlone is dreadful whatever they are doing or not doing with it. Atlhone showing glimpses but just look a poorly drilled side. No cohesion or structure about them. Easy to play through especially after they concede a goal. Looked a tiny home crowd too. Not good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    harsh on Gannon. been excellent recently
    If its in the mix, can we have Gannon back on loan then?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    I’ve just seen Dundalk's second goal tonight, brilliant team move starting with the keeper and ending up being walked into the net
    It was an excellent goal really, some hold up by Hoban, and perfect killer ball through by Ward between the centre halfs, from my stand view I thought it was offside, but looking back on LOITV highlights, it was well onside once the pass was played.

I didn't see that second half performance coming at HT as we were 'flat' for the first 45, but what a display in the second, clearly the better side and saw it out fairly comfortable in the end. Back up to 3rd, what a crazy season.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It was well worked and a good example of how effective Hoban can be with the right ball and his lay off. Likewise with the one Hoban scored himself. It was a shame to see the bottles and coins thrown at the Dundalk players after the Benson tap in! Maybe we should issue a club statement......
    We rolled bohs 2nd half, apart from their goal they largely didnt show up!
    Pat Hoban wasn't potm (sloogett)but what a player he is,had a big hand in everything Dundalk done well.

As for the bottles and coins from the bohs fans side tonight-Grant me fcuking patience?
    The brand new "model club" need to clean up some of their fans before they get ahead of themselves, absolute tools but I'm sure bohs have a record of every tix sold (all season ticket holders I believe/and can/Will I'd the perpetrators.

Great win for Dundalk though, loved it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Was sceptical when I saw Stephen Walsh starting upfront for Galway but he scored a very nice goal aswell as a header unmarked from a yard out from a corner. Wexford cannot defend set pieces at all against this Galway team.
    Walshy has been a revelation up front this season. In our second game against Waterford we were 2-0 down and struggling and no-one could believe Caulfield brought Walshy on up front but he changed the game and scored the equaliser. He’s now got 8 goals for the season already.

Wexford were poor tonight, particularly defensively but we controlled the game very well in the second half.

We have now beaten every team in the league this season, next week at home to Athlone we can equal a club record of 7 wins in a row… and then the small matter of Cork City coming to town.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    We rolled bohs 2nd half, apart from their goal they largely didnt show up!
    Pat Hoban wasn't potm (sloogett)but what a player he is,had a big hand in everything Dundalk done well.

As for the bottles and coins from the bohs fans side tonight-Grant me fcuking patience?
    The brand new "model club" need to clean up some of their fans before they get ahead of themselves,
    absolute tools but I'm sure bohs have a record of every tix sold (all season ticket holders I believe/and can/Will I'd the perpetrators.

Great win for Dundalk though, loved it.
    Your normally a sensible poster but clearly you don't get the big picture.
    While the refurbishment / rebuilding of dalyer was being discussed the COO was on RTE discussing pride week.
    The problem with you is you don't appreciate that the primary objective of football clubs is not necessarily winning football matches.
    You just aren't that smart. Dundalk may have won a few things recently but what did they ever do about the bees? Pollination is in crises

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Right on the money sgbwa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Good win for us tonight. Came from behind twice to run out 4-2 winners. 4 wins from 4 since Morris got the chop. Opposition hasn’t been exactly spectacularly but we’ve made an evident improvement since Morris was let go.
    Yes, we are playing a lot better football now. Great goals tonight from Phoenix Patterson again and then Callum Stringer so good night's entertainment.
    Games against the teams around us and above us in next few weeks will show where we are as our last 4 wins were against the bottom 4.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    UCD finally getting off the mark for the season and deservedly so, despite the continuation of the long ball nonsense. Initially looked like Whelan had picked up an awful injury, hopefully not as bad as it looked m, what an awful time in his career with a big move pending. Fingers crossed. This is the poorest Harps team in a long time, and if it wasn't for Kerrigan and Whelan leaving in summer, I'd be very confident UCD would catch them and finish 9th. Alas, I think UCD may struggle to pick up another win after the mid season break

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    He has. It was more tongue in cheek - as in Dundalk don't need the depth of 2 in each position this season. Was poorly executed. I'm not great at trolling.

Gannon and Hoare are two good options at RCB and we need both. I'd like to see an excellent option brought in next season all the same.
    Every club needs and wants 2 players for every position no matter where they are in the league, it just isnt possible financially for most. When we did have such luxuries under SK it was wasted imo by never rotating and probably cost us a couple of records eg a domestic clean sweep cause the backup players were stale when called upon. But a loan move would do too to help sort the embarrassment of riches at Tallaght.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 14/05/2022 at 3:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Your normally a sensible poster but clearly you don't get the big picture.
    While the refurbishment / rebuilding of dalyer was being discussed the COO was on RTE discussing pride week.
    The problem with you is you don't appreciate that the primary objective of football clubs is not necessarily winning football matches.
    You just aren't that smart. Dundalk may have won a few things recently but what did they ever do about the bees? Pollination is in crises
    That's a bit harsh, sure we've left grassy banks, and wilded the away section for years - purely with bees in mind, we are years ahead of Bohs on that as they, with lots of gratitude, improve Dalymount by demolishing the wilderness parts of the place. The bottles last night may have been the recycled kind in fairness considering that those involved are members and season ticket holders so will be big on climate and social justice 'n stuff...still waiting on their preemptive club statement!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    That's a bit harsh, sure we've left grassy banks, and wilded the away section for years - purely with bees in mind, we are years ahead of Bohs on that as they, with lots of gratitude, improve Dalymount by demolishing the wilderness parts of the place. The bottles last night may have been the recycled kind in fairness considering that those involved are members and season ticket holders so will be big on climate and social justice 'n stuff...still waiting on their preemptive club statement!
    "wilded the away section for years"....................
    Surprised Dundalk didnt put a massive statement out condemning the crowd misbehaviour...............oh wait you won .....no need for a distraction

SOD seems to be getting a tune out of the old band , win your game in hand and you are 4 points off Derry who are apparantly in a two horse race for the title and you are playing them next week. Prety impressive to be fair with all the changes and the ahem "disruptive" start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Why is UCD/Rovers on Thursday next week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I heard talk in the stadium last night that they have some social event on friday

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I think it's our annual fundraising lunch alright.

Has a bigger attendance than many UCD games, annoyingly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I think it's our annual fundraising lunch alright.

Has a bigger attendance than many UCD games, annoyingly.
    Suits me nicely, leaves Friday night free

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Every club needs and wants 2 players for every position no matter where they are in the league, it just isnt possible financially for most. When we did have such luxuries under SK it was wasted imo by never rotating and probably cost us a couple of records eg a domestic clean sweep cause the backup players were stale when called upon. But a loan move would do too to help sort the embarrassment of riches at Tallaght.
    As I said, we need them all this season. If anyone moves on it will be Farrugia. He looks like a man who is always thinking about his hamstring going. Understandable and I feel for the lad. Has flashes where he looks like his confidence is back but mostly just runs into trouble or cuts back. Still time for him but he may need to move on to get a good run of games and get his mojo back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast