Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 454

Thread: 2022 FAI Cup

  1. #81
    International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    6,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,052
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    468
    Thanked in
    277 Posts
    There has been hassle in what is effectively a laneway outside the ground there before. I remember a few videos doing the rounds on social media. Not a battle with weapons but enough that locals could definitely justify being ****ed off.

  2. #82
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,163
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,691
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    901
    Thanked in
    767 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    There has been hassle in what is effectively a laneway outside the ground there before. I remember a few videos doing the rounds on social media. Not a battle with weapons but enough that locals could definitely justify being ****ed off.
    There was a group of scumbags hanging around outside looking for fights when we played there this season, credit to the older genuine fans, came over to me and my GF leaving the ground telling us to be careful that there were thugs around the corner waiting to cause bother , thankfully gardai were patrolling outside.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #83
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    93
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    What was already shaping up to be a potentially tricky one for Pats against Waterford is made even more tricky now after playing extra time plus pens last night in that heat and the travel as well

  5. #84
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    35,564
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,160
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,729 Posts

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #85
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    35,564
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,160
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,729 Posts
    Never mind; three goals in four minutes for Dundalk

  8. #86
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    434
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    State of the pitch in bray just not up to standard for senior football

  9. #87
    First Team TonyD's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Football
    Posts
    2,216
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    186
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    322
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    What was already shaping up to be a potentially tricky one for Pats against Waterford is made even more tricky now after playing extra time plus pens last night in that heat and the travel as well
    Yeah, definitely a potential banana skin. Just hope we can get through it. On the plus side our squad looks a little stronger now, so hopefully enough bodies to get the job done.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

  10. #88
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    170
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    323
    Thanked in
    242 Posts
    Total collapse by Longford it seems.

  11. #89
    Reserves kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    451
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Athlone's goalkeeper made two horrendous errors in Drogheda's 5-1. Rolled the ball out when a player was lurking behind him for one and passed the ball to a Drogs player in the box for another. Wasn't too great for Drogheda's first goal either. Drogheda would still have won comfortably anyway but mistakes like that really don't help.

  12. #90
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,455
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,257
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,148
    Thanked in
    806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Athlone's goalkeeper made two horrendous errors in Drogheda's 5-1. Rolled the ball out when a player was lurking behind him for one and passed the ball to a Drogs player in the box for another. Wasn't too great for Drogheda's first goal either. Drogheda would still have won comfortably anyway but mistakes like that really don't help.
    Shades of Shay Givens finest moment?

  13. #91
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    State of the pitch in bray just not up to standard for senior football
    Seriously, how hard can it be to water a pitch every day ? They can't even do the basics

  14. #92
    Reserves kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    451
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Shades of Shay Givens finest moment?
    Yes, the commentator on LOITV made that reference. I remember Chris Bennion doing something very similar for us against Derry at the end of the 2011 season

  15. #93
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,030
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Yes, the commentator on LOITV made that reference. I remember Chris Bennion doing something very similar for us against Derry at the end of the 2011 season
    Bit of a training session vs Athlone but I have to give them full respect, they kept playing right to the final whistle - great character
    Drogheda United in this together

  16. #94
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    281
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Keepers have aged me about 10 years this season,another train wreck tonight….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  17. #95
    Reserves kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    451
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Bit of a training session vs Athlone but I have to give them full respect, they kept playing right to the final whistle - great character
    Once the second goal went in it was game over. Athlone have a few decent youngsters but they're very tactically naive at times. Drogheda did what they had to do comfortably. Markey is a super little player on the ball, surprised the commentary said it was his first goal of the season.

  18. #96
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    35,564
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,160
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,259
    Thanked in
    2,729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Keepers have aged me about 10 years this season,another train wreck tonight….
    None of them seem all that bad objectively. Or they're experienced pros at least. What's happened them all this year?

  19. #97
    First Team D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    170
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    323
    Thanked in
    242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Keepers have aged me about 10 years this season,another train wreck tonight….
    Thought the keeper was poor in our last game in Finn Park. Was it the new lad tonight ?

  20. #98
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,455
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,257
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,148
    Thanked in
    806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Keepers have aged me about 10 years this season,another train wreck tonight….
    I can totally empathise!!

  21. Thanks From:


  22. #99
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    12,252
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,970
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,640
    Thanked in
    2,140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Thought the keeper was poor in our last game in Finn Park. Was it the new lad tonight ?
    Dropped two balls to Bohs. New keeper with 400+ English league appearances..

  23. #100
    First Team joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    281
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    None of them seem all that bad objectively. Or they're experienced pros at least. What's happened them all this year?
    McGinley has lost the plot completely this season,he’s playing in a bad team but has made some clangers
    The lad tonight hasn’t played in 8 months and looked every bit of it,looked stiff,slow and his kicking looked suspect….




    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Thought the keeper was poor in our last game in Finn Park. Was it the new lad tonight ?
    Mulreany played against youse and isn’t a League of Ireland keeper,not a chance no idea why he was signed….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  24. Thanks From:


Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOI in Europe 2022
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 2351
    Last Post: 06/10/2022, 9:22 PM
  2. Attendances 2022
    By Kingswood Rover in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1093
    Last Post: 04/10/2022, 9:31 AM
  3. 2022 Season (Men)
    By ForzaForth in forum Wexford FC
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01/07/2022, 11:38 AM
  4. Friendlies 2022
    By hollocaine in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 13/02/2022, 12:25 PM
  5. Membership 2022
    By Foot.ie in forum Bohemians
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/11/2021, 3:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •