Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Has score twice already tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Guy really needs to be integrated into our squad ASAP.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    i think if his wife is still pregnant by the time the march friendlies roll around we can safely rule him out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    i think if his wife is still pregnant by the time the march friendlies roll around we can safely rule him out.
    Can you expand on this/are there clear indicators he doesn't want to play for us?
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Guy really needs to be integrated into our squad ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Can you expand on this/are there clear indicators he doesn't want to play for us?
    It's not actually clear if Zero is making the sensible point that if Szmodics's wife is still pregnant in March, then we can rule him out for the March friendlies due to the issues they're obviously having; or if he's snarkily saying that if he pulls out of the March friendlies for "personal reasons", then he has lost interest in playing for us - I think we need Zero to clarify.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    There’s a question around his commitment, rightly or wrongly. He was a combination of ignored by and then unavailable to Kenny so, bearing the scars of being burnt in the past, some fans are wondering if he has lost interest or will switch to Hungary. I’m not actually too worried but I’ve asked myself the same question a few times because his absence hasn’t made a lot of sense for a while.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    It's not actually clear if Zero is making the sensible point that if Szmodics's wife is still pregnant in March, then we can rule him out for the March friendlies due to the issues they're obviously having; or if he's snarkily saying that if he pulls out of the March friendlies for "personal reasons", then he has lost interest in playing for us - I think we need Zero to clarify.
    I think "zero" is saying females tend to be pregnant for 9 months!.if she was "heavily pregnant" in our last international window, but remains pregnant by March 2024, we should be suspicious!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    I think zero is saying that he suspects poor Sammy might have been cuckolded by an elephant.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts
    Who else but Sammie gets the equalizer for Rovers. Nice header at the back post. That's his 14th league goal this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I think "zero" is saying females tend to be pregnant for 9 months!.if she was "heavily pregnant" in our last international window, but remains pregnant by March 2024, we should be suspicious!
    Yeah this was my implication. If he comes up with another personal reason to pull out in March it would want to be fairly compelling otherwise you'd wonder if he has any real intention of playing for us.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Yeah this was my implication. If he comes up with another personal reason to pull out in March it would want to be fairly compelling otherwise you'd wonder if he has any real intention of playing for us.
    Yeah, also the first personal reasons excuse was the October window so the heavily pregnant maths are already against this story come March.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    The division's leading scorer does it again. 15 now.

A day of attacking optimism to start the year off, with Azaz and Cannon on target too. Now we just need to convince them to commit to us...

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    872 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The division's leading scorer does it again. 15 now.

A day of attacking optimism to start the year off, with Azaz and Cannon on target too. Now we just need to convince them to commit to us...
    Didnt Szmodics come out recently and say that he is committed to play for us? Azaz has given no indication that hes not, so its really only Cannon that needs a bit of convincing and hopefully that'll be high on the list of priorities for the new man.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Didnt Szmodics come out recently and say that he is committed to play for us? Azaz has given no indication that hes not, so its really only Cannon that needs a bit of convincing and hopefully that'll be high on the list of priorities for the new man.
    I think Cannon deleting all his Irish stuff from his social media accounts is a massive statement. I would say he's gone

Finn can't see any issue there

Sammie has pulled out of two squads, which is a worry, but we will know for certain come March. One more personal issue and I would say he simply isn't interested. Let's hope he just rocks up without complaint or issue.

Let's hope McAteer gets his paperwork over the line

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    I guess I'm just cynical, but we've been bitten a couple of times before, so until Szmodics turns up to a squad I'm wary. That's not to say he mightn't have legitimate reasons for turning down the call-up until now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    872 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I think Cannon deleting all his Irish stuff from his social media accounts is a massive statement. I would say he's gone
    Thats become a bit of a contract negotiation tactic amongst the younger generation of sports stars over here in the US. Kyler Murray whos the Quarterback for Arizona did the same couple years ago and everyone thought he was gone until the new contract was agreed, then all of a sudden the Arizona stuff magically reappeared on his Instagram. Apparently theres a way to archive it without deleting.

Im not saying Im confident that Cannon is still with us, but I also dont think its necessarily a done deal that hes gone either. New manager cant have the same attitude to these things that Martin O'Neill and Mick McCarthy had, in that they also said its the players job to come to them. New manager will have to proactively go after him and offer him a place in senior squad, sending Crawford to negotiate him coming into u21s isnt gonna cut it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    872 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I guess I'm just cynical, but we've been bitten a couple of times before, so until Szmodics turns up to a squad I'm wary. That's not to say he mightn't have legitimate reasons for turning down the call-up until now.
    Im with you to an extent. Szmodics p!ssed me off when he turned up recently to go home few days later. The rumors, whether true or not, were that he was told he wouldnt be playing and had a sulk. If that wasnt true Im surprised there wasnt a stronger statement made for why he had to leave on personal reasons.

But that being said, its a clean slate and much like with Cannon its up to the new man to figure it out quickly. Szmodics to me is very similar to Aaron Connolly in how he plays, maybe because they are a similar body shape its a lazy observation, but it seems clear that Szmodics is now more a striker than midfield option

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    572 Posts
    Szmodics p!ssed me off when he turned up recently to go home few days later. The rumors, whether true or not, were that he was told he wouldnt be playing and had a sulk. If that wasnt true Im surprised there wasnt a stronger statement made for why he had to leave on personal reasons.
    what i heard was that his partner had a pregnancy scare while he was on international duty and asked him to come home and stay close to home for the duration of the pregnancy. What Kenny in the press conference during the following international window made sense in the context of that information

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Another in the Cup against Cambridge this afternoon

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    & again. On a hat trick now well before HT.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

22. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast