What's revisionist about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Nice bit of revisionism there Balboa.
    What??? Why?

No point to it, just thought it would be an interesting little thing as we are half way through the season (nearly everbody played each other twice). You might be able to see where the gaps will be at the end of the season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I'm not happy with Shels on the field, everything off the field looking so much more promising for the club after a mostly miserable 15 years

In terms of where we are this season we have ripped up a decent part-time FD title winning squad and swapped for a mostly poor full-time PD squad who will be struggling to finish above 9th so I'm pretty disappointed so far and I don't see it getting better unless there is serious July transfer window activity. Duff's appointment has brought a huge buzz around the club, sold big numbers of season tickets and generated alot of sponsorship revenue so all great on those aspects. Duff likes to play football and is committed to a 3-4-3 wing back system, everything I've heard around his professionalism and training is all very positive but he doesn't have the quality of players to execute what he is trying to do though they have dug in to pull off surprise away wins at Sligo and Derry. I'm concerned if our home win drought continues all the early season positivity around the club may start to turn sour. After suffering relegation in 2020 it cannot happen again. Any of Shels, Drogheda, Harps or UCD settling for 9th spot and a play-off is asking for trouble with one of those 3 full-time FD teams as likely opponents

Having seen most of the teams in action this season I don't think any team is up to much so I'm positive if we can get things together on the field as the season goes on we will be in good shape to push up the table come 2023 and 2024
    You just gotta love it that since my mostly pessimistic post 3 weeks ago the following day Tolka Park was saved and we have gone onto to win 4 in a row!

No injuries, no suspensions and actually getting to play your best starting eleven can make a hell of a difference in this league. The trio of Farrell, Moylan and Boyd all clicking immediately together in attack, Dervin, O'Driscoll, Griffin starting to look more assured of themselves after some shaky performances, JJ Lunney coming back from injury has been really brilliant in the middle of the park and has brought a calmness we badly needed

Not getting carried away and predicting we beat Rovers on Friday to go 5 in a row or anything, I think a number of teams in this league will go on as many win steaks as winless droughts. These 12 points give Shels a welcome breathing room over Harps and UCD, we just have to avoid injuries and suspensions and add 3 quality players in the summer to bulk up the bench to have a go at finishing in that top 6
    Last edited by total hoofball; 24/05/2022 at 10:46 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    From a Pat's point of view i think it's obvious we need more experience in midfield and at right back and i'm sure Clancy will be looking to get a couple of players in during the window and hopefuly get Jamie Lennon back fit as well and try to push on in the second half of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    From a Pat's point of view i think it's obvious we need more experience in midfield and at right back and i'm sure Clancy will be looking to get a couple of players in during the window and hopefuly get Jamie Lennon back fit as well and try to push on in the second half of the season.
    I’ve seen a couple of rumours of Alfie Lewis coming back to Pats. Not sure there is more to it than wishful thinking though. Three in the middle of the park seemed to work well against Shels, so maybe that’s the way to go. I think it would be harsh on Adam O’Reilly to leave him out once Lennon is fit, he gets through a huge amounts of work and is great for getting the foot in. A lot of negative comments about his ability on the ball, but I think he’s decent enough.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I’ve seen a couple of rumours of Alfie Lewis coming back to Pats. Not sure there is more to it than wishful thinking though. Three in the middle of the park seemed to work well against Shels, so maybe that’s the way to go. I think it would be harsh on Adam O’Reilly to leave him out once Lennon is fit, he gets through a huge amounts of work and is great for getting the foot in. A lot of negative comments about his ability on the ball, but I think he’s decent enough.
    Yeah three in the middle definitely works a lot better and i was glad to see Forrester playing further forward against Bohs. I think O'Reilly's done well and he was great against Bohs but we need to be able to change things around in midfield at time especially with Friday and Monday games and we're relying on young players a lot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123