Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weekend games 29th April to Monday 2nd May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Big win for Waterford playing half the game with 10 men against Athlone….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Good few Devo out chants from the Bray fans here in Ferrycarrig. 1-1 at halftime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Good few Devo out chants from the Bray fans here in Ferrycarrig. 1-1 at halftime.
    Is Devlin part of the ownership there?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Bray cannot progress under Devo, time for him to move on, dinosaur football

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Jamie McGonigle there was a great piece on him in the Irish Sun today he and Ruaidrhi Higgins were teammates at Coleraine and even then McGonigle showed his class!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Is Devlin part of the ownership there?
    Yes so he's going nowhere except upstairs maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Yes so he's going nowhere except upstairs maybe
    He might be there quick enough

https://mobile.twitter.com/HayesPodg...60418923888641

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Cork just scored 3 goals in 3 minutes against Treaty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford struggled to a 1 0 win v Athlone. Athlone had the better chances in first half so when Taylor was sent off for 2 yellows just before half time things were not looking good.
    Athlone struck the crossbar in 2nd half but soon after Phoenix Patterson and Louis Britton combined for a nice goal from Britton. Waterford managed the rest of game well for a 2nd win in a row.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Cork just scored 3 goals in 3 minutes against Treaty!
    Our 4-1 win against Longford on Friday flattered us somewhat. Not so today. Treaty are poor. I've seen them twice and they were two of the worst performances I've seen this season. Granted I wasn't at Bray for the 6-0.

First half was relatively even but we had a goal disallowed early on for what looks like a nothing foul in the build up and had a really good spell just before half time. Slow start to the second half before making a double change bringing in Bargary and Murphy for Doona and 17 year old Mark O'Mahony.
    We immediately raised our game and it was very quickly over. The first goal was perhaps a little foruitous, a combination of a lucky bounce and poor goalkeeping allowed Keating to score but once it went in Treatys heads dropped and we took advantage.

This Cork City team is a lot of fun, it helps that they keep winning. All eyes are on the game in Galway at the end of the month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Thats not a good look alright, he needs to move up for himself as much as anything at this stage

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Longer video below, looks like a few objects were thrown at Devlin too

https://twitter.com/owene2220/status...iK2m2Qk5HcyqBQ
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Bray instructed Wexford not to let in a bus full of Bray fans into the ground and they got in anyway. Not even mad aul' Denis O'Connor could top this crazy stuff
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Handy win for us today - was really surprised at what a poor crowd travelled from Limerick, I'd have thought a bank holiday 5pm KO would have been ideal for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I don’t think Rovers fans can afford to be so confident about winning the league this year. Not to say you won’t, but Derry are really going to put it up to you this year. They did a number on us on Friday, the like of which I haven’t seen in a long while. Now maybe we were just really bad on the night (which we were) but Derry were outstanding.
    I would agree, plus Derry have the best striker in the country too in McGoingle, also P McEleney getting up to speed, but they were unlucky with Michael Duffy's long term injury, I think it will be neck and neck with Derry and Rovers.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Good god that was as bad a home performance I’ve seen in a very long time. The performance on the bench and from the lads on the pitch was horrendous. Where do we go from here , haven’t a clue right now.
    Pats may still finish ahead of Dundalk, but even though they lost loads of players I still thought they had a more settled squad to us. That said I think Clancy is overrated, did a ok to good job at Drogs, but not sure he is a top 3 manager, he might prove me wrong and push on but that was a dreadful score to lose at home by on Friday.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Bray instructed Wexford not to let in a bus full of Bray fans into the ground and they got in anyway. Not even mad aul' Denis O'Connor could top this crazy stuff
    Not the first time they tried that. Years ago bus load went to Galway for a match and the Supporters club told Galway not to let them in as they were not with the official club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Pats may still finish ahead of Dundalk, but even though they lost loads of players I still thought they had a more settled squad to us. That said I think Clancy is overrated, did a ok to good job at Drogs, but not sure he is a top 3 manager, he might prove me wrong and push on but that was a dreadful score to lose at home by on Friday.
    He did a really fantastic job at Drogheda. Turned them from a near amateur outfit to a solid mid-table premier team. Found plenty of talent and were always picking up points here and there. Really hard to think of anyone else that can say the same. Maybe the moving to a club with more expectations doesnt suit his talents though, I dont know, but his record at Drogheda was pretty impressive.

The problem in this league is because it is somewhat shallow in the number of teams, there are not a lot of managers with positive LOI experience, while also the league isnt really able to attract talent from the outside. Hypothetically, if Pats (or any team) were to look for a manager now, who could they get with manager experience, Vinny Perth ? Same for Rovers... there is no obvious canidate to go and get. Clancy and O'Donnell was rare that there was two managers primed to join bigger clubs. So they would probably then need to give the role to an inexperienced manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    He did a really fantastic job at Drogheda. Turned them from a near amateur outfit to a solid mid-table premier team. Found plenty of talent and were always picking up points here and there. Really hard to think of anyone else that can say the same. Maybe the moving to a club with more expectations doesnt suit his talents though, I dont know, but his record at Drogheda was pretty impressive.

The problem in this league is because it is somewhat shallow in the number of teams, there are not a lot of managers with positive LOI experience, while also the league isnt really able to attract talent from the outside. Hypothetically, if Pats (or any team) were to look for a manager now, who could they get with manager experience, Vinny Perth ? Same for Rovers... there is no obvious canidate to go and get. Clancy and O'Donnell was rare that there was two managers primed to join bigger clubs. So they would probably then need to give the role to an inexperienced manager.

Paddy McLaughlin at Cliftonville is someone teams should be keeping an eye on,came 1 point behind Linfield with I think a part time squad,knows the League of Ireland too,definitely seems a talented manager…

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post

Yes that's fair, in hindsight he did a really really good job at Drogs, I was wrong to say 'ok to good job'

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast