Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend games 29th April to Monday 2nd May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    We were dreadful this evening. Badly set up and played exactly into Derrys hands with our slow play and constant backpassing which allowed Derry to press our defence and when the ball back in dangerous areas.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Couldn't get up to sligo for the game so watched it on RTE. Hard to really tell from the TV but the pitch looked a bit of a leveller. Andy Lyons is really going from strength to strength in this Rovers team, and showing whats possible when you put him into a club demanding success.
    Agree that Bradley should have made substitutions prior to sligo getting level - Rovers have never had that ruthless streak under Bradley, and to be fair to Derry they are showing why they are top of the league - A long, long way to go, of course, and the game in tallaght in a few weeks should be a belter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dundalk WALTZED pass Drogs tonight.Wardy was top class,Leahy was lethal,Drogs never got going and were awful.
    Any Dundalk fan know what SO'D was carded for? I was at the match and didn't even know he was until i read tweet from James Rogers when the game had ended.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Whatever Clancy has against Ben McCormack he’d want to get over himself fast . The system he’s playing is not working and we need that extra body in midfield . Not one positive to take from that shambles of a performance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Considering Pats lost a very big chunk of their squad from last year, personnally from the outside, I don't quite get the expectations and dissapointment around Clancy.

Have they been that bad? Too negative? Some bad results alright, but to be fair, it looks like a new team.

I also find Sligo going very much under the radar. Probably the least talked about team this year, but they keep motoring away picking up points and are in a shout for Europe next year. There pitch seems disgraceful though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Considering Pats lost a very big chunk of their squad from last year, personnally from the outside, I don't quite get the expectations and dissapointment around Clancy.

Have they been that bad? Too negative? Some bad results alright, but to be fair, it looks like a new team.

I also find Sligo going very much under the radar. Probably the least talked about team this year, but they keep motoring away picking up points and are in a shout for Europe next year. There pitch seems disgraceful though.
    I like Clancy and still think patience is deserved, from my perspective I just didn't really like the balance of the squad from the outset and it's been reflected in how all over the place the performances have been. Some real talent in there but we're short in key areas and injuries haven't helped matters. As long as we're still in the mix for 3rd come the summer time I wouldn't be hugely worried as with a couple injured players back/maybe a signing or two we'll look healthy enough. I expected us to be in the mix below Derry and Rovers though so maybe others anticipated more.

The lack of any kind of cohesive performances have been concerning though, no getting away from it. Don't think he intends to play negatively but the lack of a proper balanced midfield is just turning things that way because we've no control in games and Forrester can't do it on his own. Funnily enough the 0-0 vs Dundalk has probably been the best performance over 90 minutes in that sense, otherwise we've performed in fits and spurts at best.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Few more negative incidents around the league last night, a couple of minutes after going 3-0 up Derry fans shot a firework during the match which actually ended up exploding closest to their own goalkeeper Brian Maher who looked over and gestured to the Derry fans with his arms out as if to say ‘cop the f on’.

Just seeing on twitter also that RTE had to remove one of their camera operators after Sligo fans threw a flare at shams fans over the head of the camera man: https://twitter.com/jamesotoole18/st...PlIu2TGXei07yQ
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post

I don’t think that we have played well in weeks. The Derry away game was our last proper performance that I’ve witnessed (I missed Dundalk at home so cant comment). The balance of the squad looks off and the tactics have been confusing at times. I’ve no doubt that he will get the entire season but I don’t see a grand plan and have huge concerns about the teams direction. Nobody wants to see the club go backwards and we need European football to keep things on the right road.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 30/04/2022 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Probably should have tried to hang on to O'Donnell
    What, you mean like have him under a contract ? (Sorry to mention the war ) Nah, seriously though, he can still go and fluck himself.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    I don’t think that we have played well in weeks. The Derry away game was our last proper performance that I’ve witnessed (I missed Dundalk at home so cant comment). The balance of the squad looks off and the tactics have been confusing at times. I’ve no doubt that he will get the entire season but I don’t see a grand plan and have huge concerns about the teams direction. Nobody wants to see the club go backwards and we need European football to keep things on the right road.
    We were very good against Dundalk, and should have won with better finishing. UCD away was awful, Finn Harps at home was ok. Last night Derry just blitzed us out of it. They were faster, stronger and we couldn’t cope with it. Big response needed.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Harps and Shelbourne was a poor enough affair settled by a great strike from McNamee. We’re ravaged by injuries and N’Zeyi getting taken off on a stretcher hasn’t helped our plight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    A win is a win is a win. Finally getting a home win, a clean sheet, and all the while missing some very big players, it's a big positive to take from last night.

Injuries and suspensions taking their toll on an already very thin squad. Fingers crossed N'Zeyi won't be out for too long as he's been immense for us.

Good strike from McNamee and a perfectly good goal ruled out because Brendan Clarke told the referee it was handball. Hopefully we turn a corner and can go on a bit of a run from here.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Grim performance from a bad Shels team last night, Harps not up to much either. One of those games that deserved a 0-0 but if you don't score any goals that is what can happen to you at this level with a nice strike by McNamee

I like Duff and most of the fans have his back we know he is in a tough job that he did not need to take on. I can see the way he would like to play football but he knows by now the squad assembled by many heads at club is mostly poor, they have underestimated the standard of the Premier Division and thought assembling any full-time squad would cut it. Expectations now are he will be backed to add some decent players in the July transfer window to ensure avoiding a relegation play-off following the recent investment into the club
    Last edited by total hoofball; 30/04/2022 at 3:03 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Few more negative incidents around the league last night, a couple of minutes after going 3-0 up Derry fans shot a firework during the match which actually ended up exploding closest to their own goalkeeper Brian Maher who looked over and gestured to the Derry fans with his arms out as if to say ‘cop the f on’.

Just seeing on twitter also that RTE had to remove one of their camera operators after Sligo fans threw a flare at shams fans over the head of the camera man: https://twitter.com/jamesotoole18/st...PlIu2TGXei07yQ
    Something happened with Mannus as well but I didn't see what. Referee talked to both managers about it so I assume it's in the report.

We need to collectively get a hold of the flare situation before they are completed eradicated and/or someone gets hurt. I'm a fan of them and it's something we have that other leagues don't..but it's getting out of control. Fireworks are a different story for me and anyone using them should be brought straight to the guards but controlled use of flares should be possible. There's some awful clowns following clubs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Noticed Bray Wanderers/Cabinteely/Pat Devlin FC have only allowed selective replies on their twitter feed following their 7th game in a row without a win
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Noticed Bray Wanderers/Cabinteely/Pat Devlin FC have only allowed selective replies on their twitter feed following their 7th game in a row without a win
    Their highlights were literally somebody recording a laptop screen with, presumably a phone in their hand. Nightmarishly amateur looking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Something happened with Mannus as well but I didn't see what. Referee talked to both managers about it so I assume it's in the report.

We need to collectively get a hold of the flare situation before they are completed eradicated and/or someone gets hurt. I'm a fan of them and it's something we have that other leagues don't..but it's getting out of control. Fireworks are a different story for me and anyone using them should be brought straight to the guards but controlled use of flares should be possible. There's some awful clowns following clubs.
    Hard to know with Mannus but looked like someone behind the goals said something to him as the linesman was inspecting the nets

Flares need to just be 100% barred. They cause more hassle then they’re worth. Absolute dopes from our side last night if that Twitter message is true. Cops should just stand in that section in between the fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Their highlights were literally somebody recording a laptop screen with, presumably a phone in their hand. Nightmarishly amateur looking.
    Thats amateur, our media lads do an amazing job in fairness to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    What's the opposite of the aphorism "A rising tide lifts all boats"?
    A sinking tide sinks all ships, perhaps.

Whatever it is, its that bray/cabo/devlin mess. A stain on LOI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Just seen the harps goal on instagram, cracking finish to win a game.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast