Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: c.i.a. gains powers over irish citizens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish
    Speaking of Hillary, they have just come out with the first 100% bi-partisan bumper sticker. It reads.........

'2008..run, Hillary, run'

The Dems have it on the back bumper, while the Repubs will be sporting it on the front bumper
    I'm no great Hilary fan either but with Slick Willy..er......behind her...she will know how to hammer the Repugs with as much crap as they can throw at her. The Clintons are very cute in politicking and wiley enough to take on the Repugs at their own game.
    Notice all the books dissing her lately?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree
    she might be the worst possible candidate for the dems, the heartland repubs would be ultra-motivated to beat her and it would divide the country even further. if she chose oprah as her running mate however..
    Don't underestimate her Ken Foree - remember when she was supposed to have no chance getting elected as a Senator. They smeared her then and she won with little bother.
    The Demons needn't worry about the hard line red states - it's the likes of Florida, Ohio etc they need to get their teeth into - energise/organise at street, county and state level, increase the successful Dean internet campaign. That's what the Repugs have done - the Demos were woeful slow in getting that sorted pre 2004.

This is terribly un-PC but Hilary is a hard assed bitch - just what the Dems need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhamish
    Don't underestimate her Ken Foree - remember when she was supposed to have no chance getting elected as a Senator. They smeared her then and she won with little bother.
    The Demons needn't worry about the hard line red states - it's the likes of Florida, Ohio etc they need to get their teeth into - energise/organise at street, county and state level, increase the successful Dean internet campaign. That's what the Repugs have done - the Demos were woeful slow in getting that sorted pre 2004.

This is terribly un-PC but Hilary is a hard assed bitch - just what the Dems need.
    well, that election for senator was in ny which has nyc to help carry the liberal vote; upstate ny is hardcore right-wing but not as hardcore as the rest of the midwest/southern states. hilary would be a red flag to a bull, a mistake in my estimation. but what do i know!

your point is correct in a practical sense; that the dems don't need to worry about the states they'll never win, and that they should focus their energy on the battleground states, e.g. ohio/florida/penn. but then again, it doesn't help the nation as a whole if one side feels (even delusionally) disenfranchised. i think that's why dean came out last week and suggested the dems reach out to pro-lifers. it's, as has been mentioned ad-nauseum, a bit f*ckin polarized over here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well, that election for senator was in ny which has nyc to help carry the liberal vote; upstate ny is hardcore right-wing but not as hardcore as the rest of the midwest/southern states. hilary would be a red flag to a bull, a mistake in my estimation. but what do i know!

your point is correct in a practical sense; that the dems don't need to worry about the states they'll never win, and that they should focus their energy on the battleground states, e.g. ohio/florida/penn. but then again, it doesn't help the nation as a whole if one side feels (even delusionally) disenfranchised. i think that's why dean came out last week and suggested the dems reach out to pro-lifers. it's, as has been mentioned ad-nauseum, a bit f*ckin polarized over here.
    Yeah, I'd forgotten that some parts of NY is Republican Ken.
    I wonder what Dean means by reaching out to pro-lifers??? I'd imagine that he'd be keen on keeping that Roe v Wade situation as it is and the pro-lifers have made overturning that law their number one target.

You know as much, if not more, than I do Ken. That's why I love Footie - I can learn things here and enjoy discussing these topics.
    Besides, keeps me away from Totty thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Actually in the 2000 NY Senate election, Hil did better than expected in update NY. Sure enough she will lose heavily in the red states. But as already mentioned, she will concentrate on the states the Bush narrowly one e.g. FL, OH, NV, IA etc.

There is noone more politically savvy than the Clintons and though Hil doesnt have Bill's charm, I think she would still win.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Got an email from FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) yesterday - did you read that article in the NY Times by Friedman about establishing am O'Reilly type "list" of anti-Iraq war protestors.
    I wish I knew how to move that email to this site as FAIR's reply completely scuppered him by quoting past comments he had made regarding war and so on.

Anyway, it meant that, by his own judgements, Friedman would qualify for that list himself.

The whole article would be perfect for this thread. Sorry, am useless at pasting etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    there's a fairly big story blowing up here about the administration's outing of the undercover c.i.a. operative in the run-up to the war. finally *some* of the yank media is growing a pair of balls. try buzzflash.com or democraticunderground for more if you like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    there's a fairly big story blowing up here about the administration's outing of the undercover c.i.a. operative in the run-up to the war. finally *some* of the yank media is growing a pair of balls. try buzzflash.com or democraticunderground for more if you like
    They're great sites Ken - I usually go the SMUDGE REPORT (not Drudge) - that site has loads of great sites - Media Matters, Newshounds, Take back the media and a great one called Crooks and Liars.

Try also DemTV - it's really nasty but kinda funny - you can link over to it from Crooks site.

Hope Rove gets shafted - he's a nasty piece of work - always has been - he even shafted John McCain a few years ago in the most disgusting way possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhamish
    They're great sites Ken - I usually go the SMUDGE REPORT (not Drudge) - that site has loads of great sites - Media Matters, Newshounds, Take back the media and a great one called Crooks and Liars.

Try also DemTV - it's really nasty but kinda funny - you can link over to it from Crooks site.

Hope Rove gets shafted - he's a nasty piece of work - always has been - he even shafted John McCain a few years ago in the most disgusting way possible.
    yea good sites them hamish, buzzflash links to a lot of them as well as daily kos, gop hypocrites and tons of others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

interesting hamish...

gallup just conducted a poll where they posited to responders the question of who they'd vote for in the next pres. election over here if the candidates were mccain and hilary. seems she got fairly trounced. polls are polls but the margin was for mccain was surprising! and irritating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    gallup just conducted a poll where they posited to responders the question of who they'd vote for in the next pres. election over here if the candidates were mccain and hilary. seems she got fairly trounced. polls are polls but the margin was for mccain was surprising! and irritating.
    Pointless poll, McCain will never ever get the repubs nomination. My blind pet dog has more of a chance that McCain has.

Another one being talked about is Virginia governor, Mark Warner, a dem.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrostars
    Pointless poll, McCain will never ever get the repubs nomination. My blind pet dog has more of a chance that McCain has.

Another one being talked about is Virginia governor, Mark Warner, a dem.
    mccain's an arse but i'd rather him over santorum. hadn't heard of warner yet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12