Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend Friday 22nd to Saturday 23rd April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Both bohs and rovers have their selection of muppets and both clubs would be better off without them.The delay to the start of the match will be what gets a fine for Rovers but bohs fans telling sectarian abuse at manus and past behaviour of their fans makes their board statement look pathetic. Honest question for bohs fans was there more pyro at the cup final by bohs fans ??
    It's more that the pyro was repeatedly targeted at Talbot that's causing the issue.

I'm not a fan of pyro but it can have its place if done properly. Normally in this fixture, there would be a display from both groups of fans, the pyro would be thrown on the pitch, it would fizzle out, the game would then start and that would be the end of the matter.

But on Friday an element from your side continued to throw stuff, including pyro onto the pitch till well afterwards. It looked like some of your fans went across to reason with them to stop and thats when the boxing started and yer man was arrested.

It seemed to me like a small element turned up and were hell bent on causing as much bother as possible. It's a real shame for the rest of your fans as your allocation will be severely slashed and you are going to be subjected to far more robust security next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    Still smarting about that Shels 'performance'. Such a negetive team, diving and moaning constantly just pure puke football. Ref was shocking, but its very hard to ref teams that don't want to play football.

In the two games I seen of Shels, they work hard but play very little football, and play act and try to con whenever they can (particulary the first game, Sean Boyd was horrendous to watch.... Coughlan-esque).
    Have to agree, Shels really are an ugly side football wise, the first half was a dreadful game to watch, Dundalk as bad at times in passing movements breaking down, but we tried to play football and the only side wanting to win it in the second half. We opened Shels up quite a bit, and two goals coming from good passing and crossing from different sides of the park.

I get the impression Duff will be gone by summer, either his or their choice, he seems to be in cranky mood almost all the time.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    It's more that the pyro was repeatedly targeted at Talbot that's causing the issue.

I'm not a fan of pyro but it can have its place if done properly. Normally in this fixture, there would be a display from both groups of fans, the pyro would be thrown on the pitch, it would fizzle out, the game would then start and that would be the end of the matter.

But on Friday an element from your side continued to throw stuff, including pyro onto the pitch till well afterwards. It looked like some of your fans went across to reason with them to stop and thats when the boxing started and yer man was arrested.

It seemed to me like a small element turned up and were hell bent on causing as much bother as possible. It's a real shame for the rest of your fans as your allocation will be severely slashed and you are going to be subjected to far more robust security next time.
    You are right people did ask them to cop on but there is no talking to some people. I hope the bohs board don't cut the capacity as it will only lead to Rovers doing the same and quoting bohs fans behaviour as the reason. Time for everyone to cop on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    FFS security is a last line of defence against fans' misbehaviour, not the cause of misbehaviour! You never justify any thuggish behaviour except when the home clubs 'plan' fails??

Fans misbehaviour is the sole cause and I’ve always condemned especially when linked to the fact that tickets only available to Members and/ or season ticket holders ; so as before I’d also condemn anyone who has provided a ticket to those thugs or acted as a thug - so I’ve never ever tried justify thuggish behaviour.

However a known potential problem needs to have a planned solution and that’s where Bohs/their security and the Gardai failed on Friday - pity none of them seem to ever be able to take responsibility for their role ( this applies to all clubs) and ensure that the 99% of us who want to go and support our teams can do so without being exposed to such crap from a small minority .

It’s beyond me why the Gardai have their Public order squad in the ground but they just stand by idle - if at a street protest marchers were to misbehave they’d wade in- so cause is the thugs behaviour ; solution rests with the home club/Gardai- I can’t see why any fan would disagree

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

If, as you say, Rovers future allocations for phibsboro are reduced, Rovers will simply return the gesture for the following game in Tallaght between the two sides.
    The very last club in LOI circles that Rovers will be dictated to would be bohs.
    The reasoning behind your fans ire, besides your 1st team going precisely nowhere at present, was the increased security at the game on Friday of your own fans as a result of the disgraceful behavior of your entire club towards Rovers players & staff in the behind closed doors game last year.
    We will get the best part of 7k at our home games for bohs- no bohs fans there is no loss to us as the security bill would be reduced as a result.
    Don't think either Burt or Coote passed their auditions on Friday but they still have another couple of games against Rovers to make an impression for possible future employment.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If, as you say, Rovers future allocations for phibsboro are reduced, Rovers will simply return the gesture for the following game in Tallaght between the two sides.
    The very last club in LOI circles that Rovers will be dictated to would be bohs.
    The reasoning behind your fans ire, besides your 1st team going precisely nowhere at present, was the increased security at the game on Friday of your own fans as a result of the disgraceful behavior of your entire club towards Rovers players & staff in the behind closed doors game last year.
    We will get the best part of 7k at our home games for bohs- no bohs fans there is no loss to us as the security bill would be reduced as a result.
    Don't think either Burt or Coote passed their auditions on Friday but they still have another couple of games against Rovers to make an impression for possible future employment.
    Complete fantasy in your head.

Our anger is mainly because our medics had bottles hurled at them as they tried to treat an injured player and also because of the flares repeatedly thrown at one of our players with the intention of causing injury. I thought you might have learned your lesson after the Waterford incident, but apparently not.

And no away fans wouldn't be an issue for us either. Guaranteed full house anyway with a dramatically reduced police bill.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Complete fantasy in your head.

Our anger is mainly because our medics had bottles hurled at them as they tried to treat an injured player and also because of the flares repeatedly thrown at one of our players with the intention of causing injury. I thought you might have learned your lesson after the Waterford incident, but apparently not.

And no away fans wouldn't be an issue for us either. Guaranteed full house anyway with a dramatically reduced police bill.
    The last time you didn't let rovers fans in resulted in fines, part of the Jodi being closed and cctv being installed. So I wouldn't be too confident if I was in your shoes to be honest. Bohs high horse is made of matchsticks held together by beeswax. The lack of security and subsequent PR spin by your board would be suspicious if I didn't know they dont have the foresight.

This constant positioning of Rovers as the sum of all evil and Bohs as some sort of virtuous example to the rest of the league is wearing really thin. It's a marketing device that will eventually backfire.

Now I can think the above and also say no player should have anything thrown at them during a game. I hope bohs security found the dopes involved and handed them to the guards. That's what should have happened. But instead Lambert saw an opportunity to get in the papers. It will look completely ridiculous the next time Bohs fans do worse on an away trip but there'll be silence from the man himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    The last time you didn't let rovers fans in resulted in fines, part of the Jodi being closed and cctv being installed. So I wouldn't be too confident if I was in your shoes to be honest. Bohs high horse is made of matchsticks held together by beeswax. The lack of security and subsequent PR spin by your board would be suspicious if I didn't know they dont have the foresight.

This constant positioning of Rovers as the sum of all evil and Bohs as some sort of virtuous example to the rest of the league is wearing really thin. It's a marketing device that will eventually backfire.

Now I can think the above and also say no player should have anything thrown at them during a game. I hope bohs security found the dopes involved and handed them to the guards. That's what should have happened. But instead Lambert saw an opportunity to get in the papers. It will look completely ridiculous the next time Bohs fans do worse on an away trip but there'll be silence from the man himself.
    Pure waffle.

Calling out scumbags who threw bottles at medics as they were treating injured players is now a 'marketing device'

Quit the whataboutery and the crackpot conspiracy theories and deal with scumbags who ran amok on Friday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Pure waffle.

Calling out scumbags who threw bottles at medics as they were treating injured players is now a 'marketing device'

Quit the whataboutery and the crackpot conspiracy theories and deal with scumbags who ran amok on Friday.
    Ah yes, the claim of whataboutery when hypocrisy is highlighted. The internet's greatest deflection tactic.

Your club would have said absolutely nothing if they'd won the game. It's a pathetic response deserving of the scorn it's being met with across the league.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    But here look, because it's Sunday (and just on the off chance you're my filthy bohs supporting cousin, shame of the family that he is) I'll absolutely agree with you that anyone throwing anything at a player or staff at any time is a scumbag. Flares I don't mind to be honest. Flares add atmosphere and it's something we have over other leagues that I'd rather not lose. But throwing bottles or whatever at players is disgusting. They should've been manhandled out of the ground and thrown in a van.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Posted something there earlier about the Dundalk v Shels match and about how i think Shels are a hatchet side that are poorly led. It could still be published but wont hold my breath. Also mentioned that the winning goal for Dundalk by John Martin is an absolute peach and you should watch it.

This is one of the reasons the Shels fans were held back for several mins on Friday night. Same shoite has been going on between Dlk and Shels fans since i started following Dundalk 25 odd years ago. https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/g...rk-in-dundalk/
    Gardaí attended a public order incident in the vicinity of Oriel Park in Dundalk last night.The incident took place on the Carrickmacross Road at around 7.15pm ahead of last night’s League of Ireland match between Dundalk and Shelbourne.
    It is understood that a number of youths were involved.
    Gardaí say no arrests have been made and investigations are ongoing.
    Dundalk fans always kept back in tolka and times back we were back in 1st div it was 20 mins+ so dont be feeling so aggrieved if you're a poor weee shels lamb

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    For all the Shamrock fans giving out about the lack of security in Dalymount on Friday night it should be pointed out that the stewards for the Shamrock fans on the St Peters Road entrance are the same ones who work in Tallaght for their home games.

Same security company provides stewards for both clubs and they had the head of security for Shamrock's home games in charge of the away fans going in to Dalymount last Friday, along with the regular stewards for their home games. Clearly they underestimated they types of individuals they were dealing with and by treating them like adults and not criminals it backfired spectacularly. Ironically if they had been heavy handed in searching the Shamrock fans the same people criticising the stewards for not doing enough would be criticising them/Bohemians for being way over the top and treating them unfairly so really they couldn't win either way

It really shouldn't matter though. Imagine blaming security and/or a football club for not stopping a Shamrocks fan (or any supporter) throwing an object at a medic treating an injured player.
    Last edited by wexfordned; 25/04/2022 at 1:44 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Were bohs fans really waking up on Saturday more worried about some yobbos acting the maggot or Bradley cupping his ear than they were about our three goal scorers being two players they couldn't keep hold of and one we didn't mind letting go?

Either way its overshadowed the recent bohs project of teaching inmates to repair solar powered unicycles which, to me, is the real shame here.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Were bohs fans really waking up on Saturday more worried about some yobbos acting the maggot or Bradley cupping his ear than they were about our three goal scorers being two players they couldn't keep hold of and one we didn't mind letting go?

Either way its overshadowed the recent bohs project of teaching inmates to repair solar powered unicycles which, to me, is the real shame here.
    Well the state of the pitch after the pyromaniacs/hooligans on Saturday was a big issue and won't be fixed in the short term. Thankfully the medic who was hit by the moron in the crowd was ok too. ( Good of you to ask if he's ok by the way&#129318

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    The state of the pitch & ground before anything was thrown on it is testament to how much of a pigs ear bohs have made of their surroundings.
    Hopefully Shels alongside DCC will get Tolka Pk renovated and then at least there would be 1 half decent ground on denortside.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Good to hear. Send me on the template you used to check in on Anto Breslin there so I have it handy for the next time.

Any thoughts on getting trounced on the field or are you just happy living in a world of spin and deflection with your pyro (but only the red kind!) loving chairman by the way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The "incendiary attempts" from the Rovers backroom staff to provoke a reaction part of the statement because Bradley cupped his ear to the family section was also absolutely brilliant stuff.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

You are missing the big picture here ontheotherhand
    What's the big deal about winning matches anyway, its not like that should be the most important thing for a football club.
    You just dont get it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    The "incendiary attempts" from the Rovers backroom staff to provoke a reaction part of the statement because Bradley cupped his ear to the family section was also absolutely brilliant stuff.
    Imagine if he'd cupped BOTH ears....OMG think of the Children.
    Or if he had gone and lifted a corner flag in the air !!!!!!!!!!! no one in Bohs would stoop to that

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Good to hear. Send me on the template you used to check in on Anto Breslin there so I have it handy for the next time.

Any thoughts on getting trounced on the field or are you just happy living in a world of spin and deflection with your pyro (but only the red kind!) loving chairman by the way?
    I have thoughts on the game. They'd be wasted on you though if you were in Dalymount Friday night. I didn't see any signs of intelligent life in the Shamrock fanbase there.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast