Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend Friday 22nd to Saturday 23rd April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    5-0 now. And we're wearing some manky green and orange kit.

At least Harps are losing.
    Memories of 10-1 in Dalymount.....mind you we scored the best goal of the night.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Yeah, was hoping no-one would mention that!

Makes you wonder at how Cork, Galway and Waterford are in the First Division to see us and Longford in the last couple of years (and I'm including how well Longford have started this season in that)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Ha!

Take that Derry. No-one beats us 7-0*, as Bohs found out that time.

* - well, except for those couple of times we lost 7-0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    All results going Drogs way tonight - hopefully we can capitalise tomorrow
    Drogheda United in this together

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    All results going Drogs way tonight - hopefully we can capitalise tomorrow
    Drogheda have zero to worry about,we’re hopeless and UCD are the same….

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Thought we were as good as we've been this season for about an hour (with Harps aiding us granted) until Harps ball kicked in and the game was a foul-laden mess for half an hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Scrappy enough affair overall. We had the better of the first half and had some impressive attacking moves. The last half hour of the game was a mess , nothing but niggly fouling. It’s great to get the three points but I don’t really enjoy watching us this season so far. We are definitely a work in progress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    5-0 now. And we're wearing some manky green and orange kit.

At least Harps are losing.
    UCD looked very Donegal in that strip tonight, Harps also in green shirts - thats some common ground!

I generally dislike any focus o referees after a game but jaysus it was ropey stuff in Oriel. Im very glad Dundalk went 2-1 up straight after that 'peno'. Yellows and reds were soft too but when on a yellow and ye tug back a jersey its a booking even if there is a man covering. Duff should have more experience than to mouth his way t a second yellow though. Hard to see Bradley sending off but f he did kick out then you are giving the ref the chance for some more attention.

1st half was really dull. Second half flew by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Excellent win for Rovers against an albeit limited Bohs team - could of easily scored more in what was our easiest outing in years against them

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    "We would just like to take this opportunity to thank our feeder club for their willingness to be so accommodating".

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Better from Pats tonight up until the second goal, the game got a bit sloppy after that with all the changes being made. We have to stick with a midfield 3 of Forrester, O’Reilly and McCormack from now on.

Big game against Derry next week which should bring another big crowd of 4,000+, looked like over 3,000 there tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    UCD were awful in the first half - everything that could go wrong did - but Derry were just sublime and kept going. Could well have been 9 at least.

Much harder game next week, Pats away is always oh **** for me but will see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    UCD looked very Donegal in that strip tonight, Harps also in green shirts - thats some common ground!

I generally dislike any focus o referees after a game but jaysus it was ropey stuff in Oriel. Im very glad Dundalk went 2-1 up straight after that 'peno'. Yellows and reds were soft too but when on a yellow and ye tug back a jersey its a booking even if there is a man covering. Duff should have more experience than to mouth his way t a second yellow though. Hard to see Bradley sending off but f he did kick out then you are giving the ref the chance for some more attention.

Bradley was getting pulled and grabbed the whole way across the pitch and eventually McLaughlin blew for a foul but the two players ended up on the ground and Bradley definitely had a kick at him. I was hoping it wasn’t seen and McLaughlin missed it but the linesman didn’t. Couldn’t complain with the red really.

It was funny seeing Duff losing his cool but Shels reacted better in the second half. We were poor enough overall so delighted to come away with the points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Bohs were very poor 2 nil.at half time flattered them. About as comfortable derby as there has been in many a year
    008 must be under serious pressure now but hopefully lambert who managed to get himself a full time job in bohs when his hospitality business was in freefall will sit tight. Bohs are a joke these days to a point where I feel sorry for the actual football fans there who aren't in the right on woke movement

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don’t think anyone left happy with the ref although wouldn’t have complaints with the cards. The drama made up for the lack of quality from both sides. Can’t really argue with the result with Dundalk finishing their chances and us not doing the same.

The thing that annoyed me most is the having to hang around after the game for “several minutes” as the announcer put it. Hemmed in by Gardai and stewards. Its not just Dundalk that do this. Happens away fans at Tolka too. I’ve a bee in my bonnet about how games are policed. Searched going into Tolka on Monday. Getting fed up with it. Much easier to go to the pub or the cinema on a Friday night instead of being made to feel like a criminal for going to a match. Maybe I’m getting too sensitive in my old age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    If all fans behaved themselves and didn't bring flares and smokebombs into games there would be no need for those security measures. Unfortunately they are needed to try avoid further incidents like we have seen in last year or so.
    I thought a Derry fan said UCD would be no pushovers yesterday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LOI101 View Post
    I don’t think anyone left happy with the ref although wouldn’t have complaints with the cards. The drama made up for the lack of quality from both sides. Can’t really argue with the result with Dundalk finishing their chances and us not doing the same.

The thing that annoyed me most is the having to hang around after the game for “several minutes” as the announcer put it. Hemmed in by Gardai and stewards. Its not just Dundalk that do this. Happens away fans at Tolka too. I’ve a bee in my bonnet about how games are policed. Searched going into Tolka on Monday. Getting fed up with it. Much easier to go to the pub or the cinema on a Friday night instead of being made to feel like a criminal for going to a match. Maybe I’m getting too sensitive in my old age.
    Doesnt seem a life time ago when going in to shops or cinema in Northern Ireland you got searched so maybe I just accept it more than I should at games. But as said if there was no need it wouldnt be done. While not in your face being constantly on camera in in pubs or cinema doesnt appeal either. Tolka and Oriel exits are both on the same side of the ground so presumably the main reason for staggering the exit of fans. Where'd be the point of segregation in the grounds and then allowing fans to mix immediately after in big numbers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    And despite being complete muck all year, playing a shocking brand of ball, there is every chance of finishing 9th. The Finn Harps team are as bad as I've seen in recent memory and Ollie may struggle to pull off his annual miracle this time around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Shels are the Dublin version of Harps.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Doesnt seem a life time ago when going in to shops or cinema in Northern Ireland you got searched so maybe I just accept it more than I should at games. But as said if there was no need it wouldnt be done. While not in your face being constantly on camera in in pubs or cinema doesnt appeal either. Tolka and Oriel exits are both on the same side of the ground so presumably the main reason for staggering the exit of fans. Where'd be the point of segregation in the grounds and then allowing fans to mix immediately after in big numbers.
    Conversely the entrances are on the same side of the ground yet there was no problem mixing on the way in. While you might be on camera in the pub or cinema you’re not held there against your will unless the wife brings you to a ****e film that she wanted to see.

To elaborate on the main reason you’ve suggested. The main and obvious reason is that it is assumed that fans of both teams can’t behave in a responsible or law abiding manner if let out on the road at the same time. There is an assumption that you are or could be a criminal just because you go to a match. It’s not for me anymore. Never thought I’d miss the days of a few hundred people at a first division match in Tolka. Queue jokes that I won’t have to miss them for much longer.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast