Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matches Weekend 8th 12th April

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    And we don't even care that much. We've stopped arguing with Pats fans and now just laugh at them instead.
    Well that’s just not true is it. The majority of the time he’s talked about by Pats fans on here is when Dundalk fans bring it up. Over the last week it was even brought up in the attendances thread by Dundalk fans ffs
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 09/04/2022 at 10:37 AM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think fair to say Dundalk were 'battered' 0-0 last night, two amazing saves in the second half by Shepperd, Pats really should have won this game, so very happy indeed with a point. We are really racking up clean sheets (not winning too much mind), this tweet sums up the improvement in defence, if we can get this right the rest will follow, still think 5th might be our best hope for the season.

https://twitter.com/jamesrogersie/st...WO2Hw4x60Q3gdw

Not going there with the other talking point, its boring at this stage, time to move on everyone.
    Haven't seen it back but at the ground I thought the second save was more of a poor finish from Doyle than a great save, albeit Sheppard still had to keep it out and obviously did well to do so. Was a great ball in with pace on it and a free header from about 6 yards out, I'd say he was fuming with himself that he even gave the opportunity to save it.

Definitely a frustrating one not to win, especially with Rovers away next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Haven't seen it back but at the ground I thought the second save was more of a poor finish from Doyle than a great save, albeit Sheppard still had to keep it out and obviously did well to do so. Was a great ball in with pace on it and a free header from about 6 yards out, I'd say he was fuming with himself that he even gave the opportunity to save it.

Definitely a frustrating one not to win, especially with Rovers away next week.
    Yeah, I’ve watched it back, and it was really a sitter. From that range, he headed it straight at the keeper. Either side and it was a goal. Good save and all that, but as the cliche goes, Doyle will be disappointed with that.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onapointoforder View Post
    Pathetic little man
    We heard you the first time Alan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Nobody knows what the reason was but I've always thought more of a person who can rise above grievances and shake hands or speak to a person they have little time for. Says a whole lot more about the type of person who ignores someone rather than passing themselves with what amounts to a nothing gesture anyway if it lacks sincerity. Personally i'd take pleasure knowing that i've gotten under a persons skin to such an extent!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Well, it's be right up there. The first half in particular was astonishingly bad.
    Your are correct there,i will never get those couple of hours back,took a ramble down from my humble abode in Clonsilla .It was simply awful stuff ,tbf at least toothless Bray made some attempt to get it down and play how ever miserable their efforts were.As for Treaty only words are ..horrendous muck.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Serious amount of free kicks scored by Will Patching over this season and last. I had recently started to think that teams should try to put a man on the line for them but after seeing Barry McNamee's attempt at that tonight it'll probably have to be someone that’s not the smallest player in the team!
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Serious amount of free kicks scored by Will Patching over this season and last. I had recently started to think that teams should try to put a man on the line for them but after seeing Barry McNamee's attempt at that tonight it'll probably have to be someone that’s not the smallest player in the team!
    Looked like Barry McNamee was the only player that realised that but unfortunately for him he was too small to stop it. An amazing player but he should have stayed at Derry city. Six points clear after 9 games. I'll take that.
    2nd half we didn't turn up though until Akintude came on, didn't risk Fats on a terrible pitch either.
    We'll move on to Shels in the Brandywell on Friday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    As i said x amount of weeks ago there were no good teams in this league last year, this year there is one. Not surprising to see the one good team dominate from the start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    for galways sake they are better off not going up this season and paying caulfield off. imagine what crimes he'll commit with them in the PD. haunted they got a pt yday , wexford are as unlucky a team ive seen in a while. ian ryan is a very good coach. hes doing a great job there. dobbs is a cracking player at this level too and in all honesty with the right move would do well in PD.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    See Athlone Town have sacked Martin Russell thats after them letting go of Paul Doolin. whats the point of hiring if ye are going to let them go at the first point of crisis? Its gone beyond pathetic down there.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123