Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City chants at U21 game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

City chants at U21 game

Wasnt it great to hear all the city chants at last nights match. They must have outnumbered the Ireland chants, and may have encouraged the sunshine supporters to come to more games, of course they probabley thought we were chanting for Man city!!!!
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What City chants were sung?

What Irish chants were sung?

Was it only in the Shed?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i saw the goals on rte yesterday - it looked fab and a full house aswell. go on joe gamble
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a pity City cannot get crowds of even half the size of Tuesday's gate. The Shed were in good voice, they were the only ones who made any noise at all, and the flag from the CCISA, the one with the boots, looked good.
    I was standing in front of the Shed, but listening to some of the comments around me was pretty depressing. Some people were asking who were "City" and what were thre flags for. A lot of people know absolutely nothing about the eL, and it really is time a long hard look was taken at the whole thing with a view to getting a credible league up and running, and then publicising it properly....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by oddboy
    I was standing in front of the Shed, but listening to some of the comments around me was pretty depressing. Some people were asking who were "City" and what were thre flags for.
    You serious jesus c***!!!!!! Were these cork people or little kids reared on a diet of sky sports and replica man u tops.

even my girlfreinds sister called city fans a bunch of skangers and I asked her how does she know if she never been to the cross or a city game? just shows peoples perceptions.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    they'll all be at the u19 match then never to be seen again
    j'accuse!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    You serious jesus c***!!!!!! Were these cork people or little kids reared on a diet of sky sports and replica man u tops.
    Most were men who were between 20 to 40, I'd guess. A guy was asking me if I knew the names of some of the players, ( I only knew a couple.. ), and we got talking about the lights etc, and it was the first time he had ever been in Turner's Cross and was surprised that there were seats, stands etc. I asked him would he ever come to a City match, but when I told him the usual time matches were on, he said maybe, but not if he would miss out on the "big games on Sky". I said what if the games were on a Friday night and he was fairly non-commital. BTW, "his" team were Arsenal....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by oddboy
    Most were men who were between 20 to 40, I'd guess. A guy was asking me if I knew the names of some of the players, ( I only knew a couple.. ), and we got talking about the lights etc, and it was the first time he had ever been in Turner's Cross and was surprised that there were seats, stands etc. I asked him would he ever come to a City match, but when I told him the usual time matches were on, he said maybe, but not if he would miss out on the "big games on Sky". I said what if the games were on a Friday night and he was fairly non-commital. BTW, "his" team were Arsenal....
    it's enough to make your blood boil isn't it. these are the people who slag off ccfc and the national yet not only have they ever attended a ccfc game but they have never been cross-channel either to see "their team". sky matches are merely a easy option to guys who also would stay in to watch fair city or corrie eg. couch potatoes disguised as footie fans. arrghhh

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "You meet somebody in the street who can knowledgeably compare the difficulty of the run-ins of the English contenders but doesn't know who's playing at Dalymount today, and that's not a football fan, that's a fashion victim. One day there'll be therapeutic groups for them"
    - eamonn mccann.
    I think we should base a tv commerical on that! People's ignorance can be utterly sickening. It's the whole "eL is sh!t" "How do you know?!" "IT JUST IS" argument! It makes my blood boil!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was class to see the Cross like that. The floodlights looked awesome...really amazing as did the crowd. The St. Anne's End was particularly good looking...for once something Eircom League related looked good this year. Even non eL fans were saying it to me...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    what city chants were sung?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Hmmmmm......

Originally posted by niamh
    Even non eL fans were saying it to me...

Just 'cause I've missed the last 3 United games doesn't make me a non-EL fan!!!!!!

CU
    JC
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    what city chants were sung?
    The usual ones, "city", "the fields", "we love you city", "you are my Colin patrick O' Brien", "ollie c c c", "f*ck the dubs","city till i die". The funny thing is that far more people joined in in the city chants.It also looked good with the ccisa flag and the corner boys flag hanging at the back of the shed. After the game i asked a few of the corner boys if they were back in the shed for good,they said they werent which I think is a pity becuse they do add to the atmosphere and I feel it is better when the city fans are united in one area of the ground.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Exploiting the internationals

I know the Box isn't City's ground and we are not hosting the u19 game and also that it is the end of the season but wouldn't be a good idea to have a decent advertising drive about City matches at the upcoming u19 game.

Proper Posters, fliers, article and ads in the programme and announcement at half time etc. Gunther could go around the ground giving out lolly pops for example!

These are valuable oppertunities to recruit new supporters like the so-called Arsenal fan mentioned above.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Exploiting the internationals

Originally posted by Snatch
    Gunther could go around the ground giving out lolly pops for example!
    he'd scare too many children! Seriously though, that is the kind of thing city should be doing- the fans did their part by singing city songs, now its up to the club. Hopefully this is the kind of thing lennox will take the initiative on.

GavinZac
    "Go on Ollie" whenever someone ran with the ball!

Lets keep this up and at future ROI matches let the newcomers know that theres matches more often than every 4 or 5 months

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    spot on Gavin. Many people are just totally unaware/ignorant of city's existence, and in some cases only a few games might turn them into city nuts- thats what happened me anyway!

GavinZac
    yeah, i can remember 7 years ago, being dragged along to a City - Rovers match by my mates brother.

the next week i dragged about 16 people to the match! only 3 of us still go though, and the other two are getting reluctant

but thats still 3 extra fans. and if 3 extra fans from every park in Cork would be at matches in 7 years time, I'll be happy

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yeah it's the old thing of, if everyone could bring one friend.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If everyone could bring a friend that stayed and supported...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast