Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Laser Eye Surgery

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Laser Eye Surgery

Im having laser eye surgery in a weeks time, spoken to plenty of people who have had it done and have decided to give it a go.

Anyone on here had it done before? if so how did you find the treatment day and how is your eyesight now?

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon'o
    Im having laser eye surgery in a weeks time, spoken to plenty of people who have had it done and have decided to give it a go.

Anyone on here had it done before? if so how did you find the treatment day and how is your eyesight now?
    My brother wanted to get it, but near sh!t himself when he saw the price, even though he can afford it, tightarse!. My neighbour got it done and is delighted with it. Good luck, hope it is good for you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm going to a friend's 40th birthday this Saturday - he had it done a few years ago and is delighted with it.

I'm due surgery in November which may encompass a laser element - I know you have probably done this but I would suggest contacting an eye consultant first - I read in The Guardian a few months about problems associated with laser surgery - sorry, cannot remember the technical problems but it had something to do with peripheral vision.

Get your eyes checked for any signs of iritis, uveitis etc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fair play buddy-good luck sure you'll be fine! I wear contacts myself-might have it when i'm older. Ce1tic programme on it's way to you!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    The missus had it down a couple of months back - no problems at all. Girl in the office had it done 18 months ago and everything good too. I would get it down myself but can't really justify the cost as I only need my glasses for driving (and even then I'm within legal limits without them).
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    I've a colleague in the office that had it done very successfully. The only problem is that it's a relatively new operation and they're still not sure of the long term effects. I have another friend who is going to wait a few more years until the long term effects will be a bit more apparent.