Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Galway United

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    I dont think Galway United own the ground,pretty sure the Galway FA own it,might affect them being able to change it themselves....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I dont think Galway United own the ground,pretty sure the Galway FA own it,might affect them being able to change it themselves....
    Correct , it's the Galway FA that own the ground. Hard to get anything approved by them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I may have the specifics muddled but I think it was during covid there was an audit on the safe capacity of all of the stadiums. EDP was reduced from something like ~6K to 4.3K.

Apparently the cut in capacity is related to the number of turnstiles, as well as some other relatively straightforward upgrades.

Would be deadly if I'm underestimating the latent support in Galway but I think we are a decade off requiring another stand (actually, I guess that would mean getting the ball rolling immediately).

If Galway were to win the cup I guess it'd start the conversation on what they'd need to do to host Conference league second and third round gamesssss.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Galway could be First Division Champions and promoted if results go their way after Friday 22nd fixtures.

They will also have a second chance on Monday night 25th at home to Finn Harps.

Galway should bring a big away following to Kerry on Friday and will also get a huge home gate on Monday!

Exciting times at Galway!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    And in anticipation of same, Virgin Media have announced that their TV cameras will have footage from Mounthawk Park on Friday in conjunction with their Premier Division broadcast.

6. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    And in anticipation of same, Virgin Media have announced that their TV cameras will have footage from Mounthawk Park on Friday in conjunction with their Premier Division broadcast.

Fair play to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Next week's Semi-Final vs Bohemians has sold out in advance ?

No more tickets are on sale, do not turn up to the Semi-Final without a ticket ?

Arrive early and get the amazing atmosphere going, same as last time ???

#ItsATribalThing

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Ahhh its always fun to see LoI noobs jump on board (present company excepted), the more the merrier as always but on a big match night like a once a decade cup semi final or the like, but is alwyas been a bit snooze or lose (or buy a season ticket)!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Next week's Semi-Final vs Bohemians has sold out in advance ?

No more tickets are on sale, do not turn up to the Semi-Final without a ticket ?

Arrive early and get the amazing atmosphere going, same as last time ???

#ItsATribalThing
    Have to say, I read this post in Ron Burgundy teleprompter fashion

https://youtu.be/X3zfP14pLxc?si=b03dHWf5-xVpA-W7
    Paaatrick's Agletic

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Plenty of Bohs fans on social media very frustrated with the ticketing process for away tickets. People in nice and early in the queue and should get a ticket but end up with nothing.Not the first time either I don’t mind saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    How many did Bohs get? Guessing around 400 - 450

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    How many did Bohs get? Guessing around 400 - 450
    430. Which is what it is. It’s more the perception out there that not all 430 tickets went on sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    430. Which is what it is. It’s more the perception out there that not all 430 tickets went on sale.
    Im sure that this issue is the same for any club that has a significant volunteer footprint, these people are fans and will use influence (not necessarily wrongly if not taken as freebies imo) to secure their ticket - id do it/have done it. In a small allocation it does chew u availability and will cause grumbling even if it is just preception when a lot are ticketless and it not often the way. At a guess say 30 club officials 'reserve' 2 or 3 tickets each its a lot off the allocation and thats probably a very conservative estimate. As frustrating as it is it is in many ways a good problem to have. People who miss out often make greater efforts in future eg membership/season tickets that they did both with before. Bohs are LoI experts in all publicty = good publicity and maybe they are right.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Plenty of Bohs fans on social media very frustrated with the ticketing process for away tickets. People in nice and early in the queue and should get a ticket but end up with nothing.Not the first time either I don’t mind saying.
    I just experienced this for a home game. Tickets for the last home league match against Cork were released today at midday for non-members. I was on the website bang on time, selected a ticket for the Jodi, and had a 15 minute timer to complete the checkout. It probably took me about 30 seconds to input my details but when I clicked Continue I got an error saying the ticket was gone.
    I’m not sure if the issue is with the Bohs website or Future Ticketing but the setup is a joke. The whole point of the timer is that they’re supposed to be holding the ticket and give you 15 mins to put in your card details and name and address etc. infuriating!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Im sure that this issue is the same for any club that has a significant volunteer footprint, these people are fans and will use influence (not necessarily wrongly if not taken as freebies imo) to secure their ticket - id do it/have done it. In a small allocation it does chew u availability and will cause grumbling even if it is just preception when a lot are ticketless and it not often the way. At a guess say 30 club officials 'reserve' 2 or 3 tickets each its a lot off the allocation and thats probably a very conservative estimate. As frustrating as it is it is in many ways a good problem to have. People who miss out often make greater efforts in future eg membership/season tickets that they did both with before. Bohs are LoI experts in all publicty = good publicity and maybe they are right.
    Home game v shels was sold out early but as I left I noticed about 20 seats below the vip area reserved for one long time club volunteer , so I’d say our real away allocation is 300 at the most!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Home game v shels was sold out early but as I left I noticed about 20 seats below the vip area reserved for one long time club volunteer , so I’d say our real away allocation is 300 at the most!
    Yeah thats tacking the p1ss!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    All members are suppose to be equal in the club. One member, one vote. Same when it comes to tickets. One member can get one ticket online. If our allocation is 430 and there are not 430 for sale, then say it and be transparent about the process. Anything else make a mockery of the ethos of a members club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    All members are suppose to be equal in the club. One member, one vote. Same when it comes to tickets. One member can get one ticket online. If our allocation is 430 and there are not 430 for sale, then say it and be transparent about the process. Anything else make a mockery of the ethos of a members club.
    All members should also be putting in equal efforts to volunteer because membership isn't just about getting preference for a ticket. We all know that there are a few members who put significantly more effort into volunteering to do things for the club than others. I'd wager a lot of those who are online complaining about not getting a ticket are also those who see membership as just an upgraded season ticket. Since the volunteers aren't being paid of course there's going to be situations where they will have the opportunity to get tickets they otherwise would have missed out on. And to be frank why shouldn't they? A lot of the time they are putting their time and money towards the club to do some vital work that would otherwise be left undone or cost too much to get done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    All members should also be putting in equal efforts to volunteer
    You can't really say that or else it ceases to be volunteering. Also, as a members owned club, that's where our version of the "owner pumping money in" comes from - the membership. If it comes with some kind of volunteer hours quota that's a much less attractive option and we'll have less members. Thats before you get into the myriad of reasons somebody might not be able to volunteer (disability, living/working situation etc). We need to keep promoting our volunteer ethos within the membership and wider club yes and a little social pressure nudge but we need to sell membership too.

10% of capacity to away fans for a cup semi in a league with grounds as small as ours is too few. The 10% thing may need to be looked at because that might hold true for the league too. Maybe it needs to be a higher percentage or 600 minimum when 10% is less than that figure. Would still leave the majority disappointed though. Up until this year we were offering 30% to away fans, which is a lot obviously for normal league matches and caused us problems with turning home fans away. However, we've had 3 semi finals in Dalymount during that time so it gives us a fair idea what 30% looks like in a cup semi and it's much more appropriate.

When games weren't selling out across the league we didn't really have this issue because, in most cases, you'd end up just being accommodated and away sections were generally large. I think it needs to be looked at again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    You can't really say that or else it ceases to be volunteering. Also, as a members owned club, that's where our version of the "owner pumping money in" comes from - the membership. If it comes with some kind of volunteer hours quota that's a much less attractive option and we'll have less members. Thats before you get into the myriad of reasons somebody might not be able to volunteer (disability, living/working situation etc). We need to keep promoting our volunteer ethos within the membership and wider club yes and a little social pressure nudge but we need to sell membership too.

10% of capacity to away fans for a cup semi in a league with grounds as small as ours is too few. The 10% thing may need to be looked at because that might hold true for the league too. Maybe it needs to be a higher percentage or 600 minimum when 10% is less than that figure. Would still leave the majority disappointed though. Up until this year we were offering 30% to away fans, which is a lot obviously for normal league matches and caused us problems with turning home fans away. However, we've had 3 semi finals in Dalymount during that time so it gives us a fair idea what 30% looks like in a cup semi and it's much more appropriate.

When games weren't selling out across the league we didn't really have this issue because, in most cases, you'd end up just being accommodated and away sections were generally large. I think it needs to be looked at again.
    Ownership implies responsibility. I agree that the volunteer hours is our equivalent of adding money to the club and that's why it's so important that those who go above and beyond are appreciated. If that's giving them preference to tickets they may miss out on I think that's fair within reason. I don't think there should be a volunteer quota or anything of the sort for members but everyone needs to realise that membership isn't just a better season ticket.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast