Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend games 1st to 5th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Worst thing is, Harps aren't actually playing terribly. We just can't score. We've hit either the crossbar or the post about ten times this season, twice again last night.

Missed Ryan Connolly in midfield, Barry McNamee hasn't started the season yet, and Bastien Hery is spending half his time on the bench because you can't play him and McNamee together.

We're playing okay at times, but it's just not happening for us for whatever reason.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Pats are useless. Clancy is a dud, no plan whatsoever.
    Maybe thats why Conor Hoey was so thankful for his manager being pinched for buttons!

*isnt Matthews the real brains of the whole thing at St Pats anyway?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/04/2022 at 1:05 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Worst thing is, Harps aren't actually playing terribly. We just can't score. We've hit either the crossbar or the post about ten times this season, twice again last night.

Missed Ryan Connolly in midfield, Barry McNamee hasn't started the season yet, and Bastien Hery is spending half his time on the bench because you can't play him and McNamee together.

We're playing okay at times, but it's just not happening for us for whatever reason.
    Was surprised at how ineffective McNamee was last night. In years past I'd have been worried about seeing him line up against us but he seems to have lost a bit. Is it just part time training brining him down a level or just a bad patch?

Thought harps looked ok overall. Well organized for most of it but I'd have to say it was also one of the most comfortable games for us up there in a long time. Could have been very different if the one that hit the post and then came back out off Mannus had gone in though. The lad Tourish at the back looks very good and McWoods is a prospect. Gave us a few problems and should have scored really.

We are starting to look a bit better. Midfield more balanced and Andy Lyons has been unplayable the past two games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Maybe thats why Conor Hoey was so thankful for his manager being pinched for buttons!

Nah more like the football version of a driving instructor. When you don’t have your license he will guide you along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

Jesus I hope not ! I think a few here are pressing the panic button a bit early. We have been a bit up and down alright, but it’s early days. I do agree Mark Doyle needs to be dropped, and Eoin Doyle needs to start scoring. For me he’s dropping too deep and drifting too wide a lot of the time. Needs to get in the box more.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Jesus I hope not ! I think a few here are pressing the panic button a bit early. We have been a bit up and down alright, but it’s early days. I do agree Mark Doyle needs to be dropped, and Eoin Doyle needs to start scoring. For me he’s dropping too deep and drifting too wide a lot of the time. Needs to get in the box more.
    Big time, there was people pushing the panic button after losing to Sligo in the second game of the season and even more after losing to Bohs in the following game. It took O'Donnell a full season and a half until we looked like a team that could even score a goal. We were poor last night but 8 of the starting 11 are new to the club so it’s going to take time to get to where we want to be. At present there are 2 sides above Pats, both of which would’ve been expected to finish in the top 2 by the majority
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 02/04/2022 at 6:05 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    think thats all down to king behind him. cant get touches closer to goal with no service. ive seen a lot of young mccormack over the years with ireland and hes impressed in a few cameos for pats. clancy should have no fear of dropping him in. the boy has good ability now and will only improve with time imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Seems Derry has stolen our clothes ; think that is at least 6 points gained from goals scored after 90th minute…. Very impressive after only 7 matches.

Still overall a decent night for us with Sligo and Pats dropping points
    The emperor may even have new clothes this year in the shape of new league winners?

I wasn't expecting Derry to really go for the title until next season, but this is some start plus they have a very winnable game in hand on Monday.

However the title race pans out between those 2, it should be very tight who gets 3rd, and the possible back door of europe for the team that finishes 4th.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Nah more like the football version of a driving instructor. When you don’t have your license he will guide you along.
    Ah ok, I thought that it was pushed that O'Donnell was no real loss as it was Mathews who was really the person behind St Pats improvements and cup win, so would have made sense the same would be the case with Clancy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    :-)

Game live on the telly as well so wondering how RTÉ's pundits will manage around this silly and tiring nonsense? (Gary Rogers,Pat Fenlon,Richie Sadlier expected to be ....)

Looking forward to being there with our usual packed out away fans and a famous win as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    :-)

Game live on the telly as well so wondering how RTÉ's pundits will manage around this silly and tiring nonsense? (Gary Rogers,Pat Fenlon,Richie Sadlier expected to be ....)

Looking forward to being there with our usual packed out away fans and a famous win as well.
    Should invite Harry Kenny along for his analysis, he might be able to provide some proper insight in to the way some Pats fans think they are performing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Morris would want to change it up quick. Absolutely dreadful stuff. At the stage already where I’d like to see a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Morris would want to change it up quick. Absolutely dreadful stuff. At the stage already where I’d like to see a change.

Morris got a Shelbourne team who should never have been relegated...relegated playing atrocious football
    Got a Shelbourne team promoted not exactly convincingly playing atrociously when they should have won at a canter, was so highly thought of after that that he was ditched....
    What did Waterford expect???

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    could do with morris bluffing a few more results til the transfer window passes. dont need new players and management down there from a cork point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    ucd on course to be worse than last seasons longford team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Morris got a Shelbourne team who should never have been relegated...relegated playing atrocious football
    Got a Shelbourne team promoted not exactly convincingly playing atrociously when they should have won at a canter, was so highly thought of after that that he was ditched....
    What did Waterford expect???
    The board expected to win the league by with ease.

Morris was a questionable appointment, I wasn’t too happy about it at the time. On paper his Cv is great, but reality he won two leagues where anything other then winning the league was failure not to mention he’d Rennie who’s probably the best no2 in the country last year. The season he was relegated, Shels were expected to stay up too. If he continues with this horses**t we’ll be lucky to get into the top 5...

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    ucd on course to be worse than last seasons longford team
    No point judging us off games against Derry in fairness.

But we could really do with a goal at this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Harps need to learn to kill games quick as stupidity is costing us big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Two dropped points against an awful Drogheda side who have their keeper to thank for keeping them in the game, mixed with some woeful finishing by Harps.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    No point judging us off games against Derry in fairness.

But we could really do with a goal at this stage.
    Dundalk did try a couple of times, shunning a gift or 2 was rude though!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast